TWOHOUR, COMING TO AN IRC NEAR YOU!

Pages: first 12 next last
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
So back in 2012, I attempted to revive an old #rm2k contest called OneHour, in which participants were given a topic decided by one of the members and had one hour to make a game around that topic. After the hour, entries were uploaded and played, and everyone voted on their favourite. The winner of a OneHour would decide the topic for the next one.

A large number of the responses requested a slightly longer time limit for the contest, so now, 3 years later (dude, I started Tundra in 2001; get used to me taking a while to get around to things) I bring you....TWOHOUR

The inaugural TwoHour, which has identical rules to OneHour but lasts twice as long, will take place on Saturday the 16th of May at 9:00pm GMT, in #twohour on irc.synirc.net

It's happening, people. Question is, will you be there to waste two hours of your life on what will probably be the most horrendously awful game you've ever made?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
max mcgee did a fourhour a few years ago and that's how epic monster dungeon explore! 2 happened....

.....i'm totally down

(9pm gmt is 5pm est right? or am i stupid??)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
As an IRC OP it'd be criminal of me not to be around.

(I wouldn't mind doing a 4-hour again myself. Maybe I'll make Don's Adventures 3...)
Craze
the theme should be yellow magic's birthday. happy birthday yellow magic, we will celebrate in five days
Yellow Magic
Another Facebook leak?? ;< Cheers Craze. Y'all are welcome to make games all about me.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
GMT is German time?
I would be toty down for this Sith, but I'm terraforming garden am wochenendehaus on Saturday.
I hope there will be moar rounds (like in wrestling).
Trihan
GMT = Greenwich Mean Time (UK)

It'll hopefully be a weekly thing.
We have an official 8-hour coming up, so don't burn yourselves out too much. This does sound like fun though.
Craze
eight-hour. what. oh nooooo

edit: do it before the weekend of june 14th so that I can participate, plzkthnx
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I did a two-hour jam once before for Glorious Trainwrecks and I ended up with a goofy game where you summon squids... and that's pretty much it. The majority of the time was spent making a squid <:=

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll be around for this one, but they're a lot of fun! If you're going for it, good luck!

(The 8-hour one sounds like a blast too. I'll definitely try and make time for it if I can.)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
8-hour one sounds like mass murder to me.
I hope we will be informed early so we can take extra yoga lessons before it.
Craze
i mean, "8-hour" doesn't necessarily mean "work for eight hours straight." we can't all be craze. i'm not even always craze.
Trihan
11 hours to go people! Hope to see you on IRC. :)
Yellow Magic
Bump for great justice
Craze
everybody! everybody!

I want to participate, but I have a question...

Where we are going to upload the games? Do I have to make an account for mega or mediafire? Or can we just make a gameprofile?
Trihan
Back in the day we just uploaded them wherever people could download them from if I remember correctly. It'll probably take too long to get a game profile approved for this (and you're not going to be able to submit screenshots until after the event's over anyway, obviously) so I would go with Dropbox or Mediafire or something.
Yellow Magic
Three and a half hours left. Clarification that this is indeed at 9:00 PM GMT. Not BST, not EST and definitely not CST, because who cares about that noise?

Hype:
Trihan
It's 9pm BST. I screwed up, sorry!
Craze
reminder to find irc just hover on the communtity tab on the top of the website here

everybody rock your game tonight
Pages: first 12 next last