[RMVX ACE] HOW TO CHANGE PLAYERS HEALTH?

Pages: 1
So I'm trying to change the players health into 45. But it's impossible, how do I do this?
First, I recommend you check out the Help File - it has a lot of good information in it.
Secondly, there's a symbol in the top bar for the database (looks like paper with a circle on the corner. It's next to the 1/8 symbol). In there you can change all aspects of your characters, monsters, skills, etc. If you hover over a title or area in the database it'll come up with a helpful hint or tip of some kind.
To change the max HP of a character go to classes, pick the class that your character is set as and double-click on the Parameter Curve graphs. Each one corresponds to a different stat and can be edited manually or set to a curve. If you double-click on the orange one you can change the max HP of your character at any level. If you want to make a curve based on two end points (say you want to start with 10 HP and end with 999) just click the Generate Curve button, then input the two numbers that you want to generate the curve between. Easy~

Of course, if you meant something else, perhaps you should give a bit more information about what you want.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Have a parallel process that makes the actors HP = to Variable 1, which is a constant of 45. At least on the map the actors HP will always be 45. Though you can then have a second parallel process check if this condition has been met then have it flip a control switch to turn off the first parallel process, which in turn can be turned back on at you choosing.

author=Liberty
First, I recommend you check out the Help File - it has a lot of good information in it.
Secondly, there's a symbol in the top bar for the database (looks like paper with a circle on the corner. It's next to the 1/8 symbol). In there you can change all aspects of your characters, monsters, skills, etc. If you hover over a title or area in the database it'll come up with a helpful hint or tip of some kind.
To change the max HP of a character go to classes, pick the class that your character is set as and double-click on the Parameter Curve graphs. Each one corresponds to a different stat and can be edited manually or set to a curve. If you double-click on the orange one you can change the max HP of your character at any level. If you want to make a curve based on two end points (say you want to start with 10 HP and end with 999) just click the Generate Curve button, then input the two numbers that you want to generate the curve between. Easy~

Of course, if you meant something else, perhaps you should give a bit more information about what you want.

But how do I know what number should I generate for the curve for 45?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=RionsRPG
But how do I know what number should I generate for the curve for 45?
That's kind of up for you to decide. It's best to come up with a "scaling chart" for your party members to determine how much of a stat increase they'll get at each level (which is what the curve represents).

For example, say you have an actor named Joe who has a base 45 HP, and you want to make his HP increase by 5 points at every level.

The curve shows levels between 1 and 99, but in reality, Joe is actually gaining a level a total of 98 times, since level 1 is the level he starts with (and is therefore the "base level" equivalent to 0 levels really).

98 * 5 = 490

But since you want the base to be 45, you'd add that total by that base:

490 + 45 = 535

... And that will be the final number you would put for the "level 99" slot in the generate curve window. You can test to see if it works by clicking the arrows over the "level" tab to see if the scalings you intended to do add up correctly.

That's a basic way to handle stat curves in the database. You can, of course, go for more complex scalings like a +6 for the first 10 levels then a +1 onwards, but I'll let you figure that out.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, you add, not subtract the base. Fixed.
Pages: 1