WELL, HI Y'ALL!

Pages: 1
Greetings:

Hi Y'all. Hope everyone is having a creatively successful day. My User Name (as you can see) is ChristianGameMaker, but you can all call me CGM if you'd like. This is not my first time joining a community such as this...it's my second. So, I'm excited and a little nervous to become a part of your community. If you'll have me.

A Little About Me:

Husband. I'm extremely, Happily, and Eternally Married. My wife's name is Brittany, I may blather on about her a lot. I may not. She pretty much Rocks My World, (not like that). She always plays the lead female roll in my games. She loves being involved in my creativeness and I love her for it. She is very particular about her character though. So, I have to be careful what I write for her to do and say.

Furr-Babies. I haven't had the pleasure of become a Father yet, so we've happily taken on the Love of 3 little furr-babies. Caleb Nathaniel is our youngest and biggest. A half shepherd, quarter wolf, quarter husky. He's a handful of joy and frustration. Madison Grace is our middle child in every way. She's her Momma's Daughter but she only wants Daddy's affection. Then, our oldest, Tina Louise. We call her Tiny because she is a Jack Russel Terrier. She's about 2 handfuls of fur.

Creator. I love to create. From writing songs, stories, to creating games. I've had about 10 years of experience in game writing and building, but it's been a passive part of my free time. So, I'm still wet behind the ears.

Gaming History:

I'm 34, 35 in June, so I was around when Final Fantasy came out on Nintendo and I've been hooked ever since. I played all the major RPG's that came out along the way. Final Fantasy, Lufia, Star Ocean, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Zelda, Dragon Age, Fable, and so on. I have just recently stopped playing games, and I hope to put that new free time into making some of my own. I've never completed a game project and so, with the help of this community, I hope to do so.

unity
You're magical to me.
Welcome to RMN! I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of games you create! :D
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Welcome! Are you planning on making religious games (as in, are you a game maker that's Christian or do you plan on making games about Christian values)? We don't have a lot of that here. It will be pretty interesting to see what you create!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I plan on making Christian games... eventually...

Edit: Welcome my Christian brother, may we make games together.

Disregard the sin of drug consumption depicted in my profile picture. It is all in jest.
Welcome to RMN.I'm intrested to see what games you create.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Unity, Craze, and Caninemm, I'm quite interested to see what games I create as well. Lol.

I plan on creating games that have Christian values. That being said, I love a good story as much as the next gamer. So, I do feel I have high expectations to rise up too. I don't want a game that condemns, but a game that encourages. I want to create a game that has ALL the right high points, enthralling story line, lovable/hate-able characters, intuitive play design that is fun and efficient, and a world that is believable and beckons you to explore.

I hope that I can achieve this. CashmereCat, we can definitely collaborate together on some games. That'd be great.
What is a furr-baby?
author=kentona
What is a furr-baby?

Lol, a furr-baby is mainly a cat or dog, but really the word includes all furry pet creatures to me.
Oh. Have the words "cat" or "dog" fallen out of favour? Sorry, I am not up to date on the current word trends.

Welcome to RMN, by the way!
Welcome, now I'm wondering, what kind of games a christian person could make?
I think the theme of loving one another as you would love yourself alone gives way to a plethora of ideas and designs!

I'm not religious, but I think it's a good idea to promote healthy and good values.
Welcome and do something! Doesn't need to be impressive on all fronts, just do something first and the quality will come over time!

I'll be sure to nitpick! *g*
author=El_WaKa

http://www.fistofjesus.com/ This is the first thing that comes to my mind.
author=kentona
Oh. Have the words "cat" or "dog" fallen out of favour? Sorry, I am not up to date on the current word trends.

Welcome to RMN, by the way!

Thanks. No, cat and dog are definitely more popular than furr-baby. We use the term because it helps us mentally fill the void of not having children... jk ... :)

author=El_WaKa

We shall all find out together, my friend.

author=Kylaila
I think the theme of loving one another as you would love yourself alone gives way to a plethora of ideas and designs!

I'm not religious, but I think it's a good idea to promote healthy and good values.
Welcome and do something! Doesn't need to be impressive on all fronts, just do something first and the quality will come over time!

I'll be sure to nitpick! *g*

Well said. Although, I would like to make one thing clear. I, by no means, consider myself religious. I'm sure that the definition of the word can be tied to me somehow, but I hate the American idea of religiousity. I say this because I don't want anybody feeling like they have to walk on eggshells around my posts. (I'll put my belief in a spoiler if anyone is curious. I don't want to start any debates. Just here to make games.)

I believe in Jesus Christ. That He lived a sinless life, healed the sick, raised the dead, and taught us how to get to Heaven. I believe that He was killed and buried, but three days later was raised back to life. He went back to Heaven but promised to return for His people. I believe that day is soon.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven, according to John 14:6 -Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I hope I did that right. :/
I couldn't find it around, but I heard of a game based on Doom that was made to be pro-christian. Involved using holy crosses etc. to fight the enemies from the original game.

Without wanting to claim any position about religious belief, I do think the stories from the old testament are pretty rad and feasible for an RPG. However, I wouldn't know exactly how to handle combat - there is plenty of fighting, but most of these seem to be one-sided beatdowns...
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
There's a trilogy of RPGs detailing Jesus' life in a comic manner.

Baby Jesus Christ RPG
Jesus Christ RPG
Rise Jesus Christ RPG

I didn't play it, but reading reviews and skimming through a Let's Play I don't think it's a shock-value game made to offend. It's a light-hearted spoof kind of like Life of Brian.
hello everyone i just joined the community and i just thought i say hi and let everyone know i am christiangamemakers little brother. i am 17 and uneducated lol!! what i mean by that is that i qiut school when i hit high school but i am a very smart kid though. i hope everyone will love me and my brothers company and enjoy our work and participating in the community. i am also a christian. HELLO EVERYBODY XD LOL
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
You have a good avatar. Welcome.

Edit: Hello lil' CGM
author=Dudesoft
You have a good avatar. Welcome.

Thanks!
Pages: 1