[RMVX ACE] ATTACK A SINGLE ENEMY, SPLASH DAMAGHE TO ALL OTHER ENEMIES?

Pages: 1
For my mage, I tried to think of a unique effect for each element so that his spells are unique. Example:

Fire - burn status
Ice - freeze status
Lightning - splash damage / chip damage to other enemies
Poison - poison obviously

The problem of course is that I see no way to do splash damage in RPG Maker.
I found this script which seems really cool:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/9092-spash-damaging-skills/
But as far as I can tell it does the same amount of damage to all enemies, which defeats the point imo since RPG maker already lets you create spells that target all enemies. I want to make my Lightning spell to target a single enemy, but it would also damage nearby enemies.

I originally intended on a similar effect with grenades as well. (choose which enemy to throw the grenade at)
Craze
i bet she's a diva with a potion popping problem
get this

https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/follow-up-skills/

and use it to have a single-target lightning spell followed immediately by an area skill. that's how i do it, anyway.
Craze
i bet she's a diva with a potion popping problem
do trihan's thing
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You can also do this without scripts by just having the skill call a common event, and having the common event force the character to use a second skill.
I dont want to advertise or anything, but I made that script recently that allows you to do that. It's kinda hard for me to put a link up since I'm on my phone, byt you can check my submissions page instead. I named it 'Spirit Link'.

Hope that helps :)

Edit: Although I think Trihan's method will be easier to do. I just recalled that my script requires States, so it's more of a long-term kind of thing, rather than a per skill use splash damamge.
Pages: 1