RPG MAKER VX ACE [SOLVED]

Pages: 1
Sorry for the noob question, but no matter what I do I can't figure this out.
I just bought this program two weeks ago and didn't really start working on the game mechanics fully until now. Unfortunately, I'm stuck.

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/54988/locker/Screenshot1.png
The first map is fine, but afterwards...

http://rpgmaker.net/users/Veynn/locker/Screenshot2.png
http://rpgmaker.net/users/Veynn/locker/Screenshot3.png

I used "Erase Event," but the image of the trees in the bottom corner still appears in other maps. So, I then tried "Erase picture," but then everything was cancelled out.

I considered self control switches, but aren't they mainly for events that are only triggered once?

So, I then started searching online and managed to find a few articles. However, I have no idea if they would apply to my dilemma .

Thank you! >.<
Are you sure you entered the correct number into Erase Picture? That *might* just be reason for this...
author=karins_soulkeeper
Are you sure you entered the correct number into Erase Picture? That *might* just be reason for this...

That's what I did earlier, but this happened: http://rpgmaker.net/users/Veynn/locker/Screenshot4.png
http://rpgmaker.net/users/Veynn/locker/Screenshot4.png

Sidenote: What anime is that avatar you have from? It looks cute~
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Would switching the positions of Erase Picture and Erase Event in that event do it?

*totally off the top of my head*

*Edit: Wait, that would just show the picture, then erase it. Er, well, I guess you could probably do the picture-erase thing with a screen transition (ie: teleport event). Unless the image somehow "follows" the player around while walking around the map?
author=Marrend
Would switching the positions of Erase Picture and Erase Event in that event do it?

*totally off the top of my head*

Thank you, but the picture in the bottom corner still appears regardless.
I could probably just download a script, but I'm curious if I could solve this through events.

Thank you~
Marrend
author=Veynn

That's... actually pretty interesting to know! I'm kinda wondering what the heck is going on over there!

author=Veynn
I could probably just download a script, but I'm curious if I could solve this through events.

Given that you are using event-commands, there is a good probably a solution is available that uses event-commands. How complicated that solution is, however, well, I dunno!

*Edit: Could there be another event that causes that picture to show up there?
author=Marrend
author=Veynn
That's... actually pretty interesting to know! I'm kinda wondering what the heck is going on over there!

author=Veynn

Given that you are using event-commands, there is a good probably a solution is available that uses event-commands. How complicated that solution is, however, well, I dunno!

*Edit: Could there be another event that causes that picture to show up there?

I have no idea what's going on with this anymore. Although that sounds like a good solution. I'll try it; thank you! :D

*I don't think there is. But maybe there's something I forgot to get rid of in other maps?

EDIT: It works!!! :D What you said earlier was great. For the first map, I did "Erase Picture: 3" and "Erase: Event."

For the second, I did "Erase Picture: 1" and "Erase: Event."

If graphics are limited this will come back to haunt me but I'm good for now.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
The reason it doesn't work the original way is that "erase event" removes the event processing but doesn't get rid of the picture. Then, if you come back to the map, it's showing the picture again and removing the event but still not erasing the picture, so it'll still be present. If you want it to work properly you do indeed have to erase the picture before erasing the event.
^ what Trihan said. Put the Erase Event below the Erase Picture.

My avatar's from Shakugan no Shana-tan, a (not sure if this is the right term) spin-off mini-series.
Marrend
Uh...

author=Marrend

...I already suggested moving the Erase Picuture command above the Erase Event command (in my own way).

author=Veynn

author=Trihan
The reason it doesn't work the original way is that "erase event" removes the event processing but doesn't get rid of the picture. Then, if you come back to the map, it's showing the picture again and removing the event but still not erasing the picture, so it'll still be present. If you want it to work properly you do indeed have to erase the picture before erasing the event.

Thank you but I already solved it with Marrend yesterday morning.
author=karins_soulkeeper
^ what Trihan said. Put the Erase Event below the Erase Picture.

My avatar's from Shakugan no Shana-tan, a (not sure if this is the right term) spin-off mini-series.

Thank you but I managed to settle it yesterday morning~
author=Marrend
Uh...

author=Marrend

...I already suggested moving the Erase Picuture command above the Erase Event command (in my own way).

author=Veynn

This is my fault. I should have wrote that this problem was solved yesterday morning in the title instead of one of my comments.

Anyway, thank you so much!! :D
Marrend
Er, Veynn, next time, edit your posts, okay? Multi-posting like that is frowned upon.
author=Marrend
Er, Veynn, next time, edit your posts, okay? Multi-posting like that is frowned upon.

Sorry!!! >.<
Wait, multiposting? I thought I only posted this question once.
Marrend
I was referring to your posting three times in a row. Sorry about that not being clear!
Pages: 1