FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's not just his abilities that make him a crummy healer - his MND is low and FF6 has no staves. He strikes me as a dancer primarily who can also cast white magic, the way Pecil is a knight primarily who can also cast white magic. I could be wrong though, it's entirely possible that I'm just bitter that he was released without a soul crystal a good six months after they'd apparently stopped releasing characters without soul crystals.
Cure magic doesn't scale that well with Mind the way Dia magic does. You get less for each point of mind than you'd think, which is why Cecil can heal okay and Mog can heal well. Curaja is basically a full heal and Curaga is close enough.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Sounds like we're getting the UI revamp this year! The biggest thing I'm excited for is that upgrade materials no longer take up room. I'd say 40% of my room is presently taken up by giant scarletites, waiting for the day I draw something decent. Also makes me glad I didn't blow any mythril on expanding the inventory.

After that, orb conversion!

FF6 synergy is still ironclad awesome. Able to get in all the right roles with great weapons and armor.

This is the party I used to master the Tritoch battle. Due to a lack of Boon's Hastega and excessive AoE, I cut it really close on this fight. Shadow's HP bar was indiscernible at the end, which is a bad place to be when Sapped (Dragoon's Determination RM). I made a mistake here and gave Bartz Mako Might. I was thinking I could do some nice damage and land an early Sap, but Sap didn't work and Tritoch is completely immune to air damage dealt by his limit break, so that was just a horrible idea. I should've put Mako Might on Mog instead so he could use Mystery Veil to heal the 2k AoE Blizzard that Tritoch dumped on me in the first turn.

The boss counterattacks magic with Stop, so I decided to go all physical on this one and used as many anti-magic abilities I could fit. I ditched Edgar since I didn't need any Busters or physical tanking. Locke was a no show because I needed a good weapon for Shadow, who is required, so I gave Shadow the Rising Sun.

Celes was one of my spellblades because she has synergy, high resistance, and a natural limit break that stacks with Shellga and Stoneskin. I gave her Firaga Strike and Attunement 2 RM, since I knew Bartz would be able to hit the damage cap with Fira Strike and Steal Power. Bartz was an excellent spellblade here because he could use Edgar's Partisan spear instead of swiping a sword from Setzer or Celes.

Mog buffed Shellga and jumped for 5k. He also had Mystery Veil which he was able to use exactly once, which was sufficient enough to just barely prevent any deaths. Dragoons Determination is so good that it allowed Shadow to hit for 5k with Dismissal and 6k with that multi-hitting shuriken ability. The latter does about 1k per hit, so I could see this being a decent ability with some +Attack buffs.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I got Locke's weapon!!!!!!!!!!

i am excited
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I just started Boss Rush. Tritoch sounds fun! A shame most of my FF6 armor synergy is Hats though. Like... all of it is hats. w- welp. And a dumb shield 4* shield maybe? lololshields.

I am excited for UI too!!

i did not get holy spear, but i got a priest miter or holy miter or w/e so now i have... three really good ff6 hats! none of which are mystery veil!

Deltree
I've gotten nothing but three-stars for my last half-dozen dollar pulls. I'm starting to think this thing may be a scam of sorts!
Craze
i've received at least 4 5* relics from 100-gem pulls, maybe more. weird!

(i've definitely suffered 1-2 11 pulls that lacked a 5* though....)
http://bantha.org/~dscotton/ffrk.html

Rift of Recollection/Vale of Memories banners are translated: Banners 65-69.

They've changed quite a bit from the Japanese equivalent. Sentinel's Grimoire was moved to an FF7 banner because the game wants to give me more and more FF7 synergy, so that sucks. They also removed all of the FF2 and FF3 gear which was another motivating factor. I don't like the changes, but I'll probably still pull on at least one of them. 67 and 69 cover my weak areas best. I'm interested in the upcoming FF5 and FF4 banners so I can't go wild on mythril spending.

FF3 banners remain untranslated so that's probably being skipped--how typical.

There's also some kind of special banner coming up where you get to choose a specific 5-star item if you do an 11-pull. In Japan the item pool contained the first unique item for each game's protagonist, so I need to be stingy on mythril to prepare for that.

Also the possibility we'll start getting three daily draws... so 3x more copper bracers, I guess.

Final Fantasy's leading man got a massive buff. Attack up, can equip swords, and can use Spellblade 4.
Deltree
"Really? But I liked the old archives just fine..."

Screw you, Tyro. You clearly never played on a phone.

Anyway, new UI is live, so enjoy the barrage of tutorial messages!
Craze
Yeah, i'll do a 50 pull on Dr. Mog's Selection so I can get Ashe's Runeblade. The Vale of Memories banners are pretty sad, I have no interest. I'll do 100-gem pulls, maybe 5 myth for Eiko's Golem Flute. Otherwise, I'll be saving up mythril for Faris's bow and then Lighting & Fang's event. Maybe 1 or 2 pulls for Rosa's bow, too.

The Seph/Reno banners are kinda meh, too. Cid's spear is Auron's SB, but I already have a 6* Shimmering Blade and 1-hit abilities are slowly becoming less useful. Sephiroth's Black Materia SSB does look powerful, but I already have One Winged Angel and its super-yukikaze. Reno's baton is nice stat-wise, but the SB is boring.

Meh!

Yeah, Balthier gets crazy good. He'll get Machinist when that skill set comes out, too. So glad I have a 6* Ras Algethi <3

edit: okay seriously, that Lightning & Fang banner.

Lightning SSB - 5x aoe Lightning hits (lol names.)
Hope - aoe Earth damage + Attack Down
Fang - 5x ranged phys hits to random enemies that can Blind

And Vanille's Wyrmfang (Protect + cure all) returns. I would not mind getting an extra copy to combine because its Mind stat is amazing.

Starting to think that I'll just ignore other banners except Dr. Mog's Selection and just drop it on this banner. Lightning/Hope/Vanille are good enough to use in any realm, especially with those useful SBs above (I already have all of the FFXIII character relics except Hope/Sazh, MIGHT AS WELL GET A FEW MORE COPIES lol).

The shared SBs are okay, too, Protectga, Cure aoe and a non-elemental + Slow spell. Not the worst, not as good as Al Bhed Jumper though. I still want one of those, even more than Planet Protector because although Aerith is a good character I'm more interested in a shared version.
http://blog.denagames.com/post/135176080121/final-fantasy-record-keeper-gigantic-update

Looks like there's some kind of festival of gold-like event coming up. If it means orb farming, I'll keep it to a minimum this time, because the last festival of gold was a real motivation killer.
I don't know if it's the Android emulator or not--I'll have to check on my phone later--but the new 11-pull screen looks kind of wonky, otherwise I'd post it. My Mog's Pick pull got me an FF8 Betrayal Sword plus ten 3-star items. I am sort of torn on what beginner relic to choose, between FF3 Tyrfing and FF9 Storm Staff. I am leaning towards Tyrfing because there are fewer opportunities at FF3 gear but my lack of mage weapons continues to be a problem. Also because Advance is a pretty uniquely useful limit break, even if it only truly excels as a Roaming Warrior. Also considering Rinoa's Valkyrie but that has sort of a narrow usage between her and Hope, and also the FF1 sword because it's the -only- FF1 item that even exist, as far as I'm aware of.

Damnit. A ton of my RWs just switched to Advance. I hope they revert or I'll have to seek out new ones. Defensive RW are useful to me and I try to keep an accessible spread of them.
Deltree
I took a bullet and picked the Tyrfing for roaming warrior purposes. You're welcome.

(e) haha oops
I've been using Tifa's Crystal Glove on Reno because I don't have any FF7 rods other than Mythril Rod. At least he has some combat abilities, I guess. I wanted to bring Tifa to these fights because her Water Kick probably hits for pretty awesome damage with the new Punishing Palm. I fit her in for the boss rush at least, which didn't require Reno. Need about 20 more stamina and I can wrap up the final biohazard Hojo.
LockeZ
I grabbed Snow's jacket from the choice banner. My theory is that's probably the only non-bracelet armor I'll ever get for FF13. Snow isn't a very good character, but everyone can use clothes.

I'm really annoyed with the new user interface. It's vastly more laggy than the old one.
author=LockeZ
I grabbed Snow's jacket from the choice banner. My theory is that's probably the only non-bracelet armor I'll ever get for FF13. Snow isn't a very good character, but everyone can use clothes.

I'm really annoyed with the new user interface. It's vastly more laggy than the old one.

He's your FF13 knight so it's good to have him geared. Plus, he did get quite a bit better with Punishing Palm. Unless you have Aeris's Keepsake Ribbon, I think Punishing Palm moves all monk characters into the "good" category, and some (Refia) into "great".

Anyway, Bio-Hojo was a snap. I didn't screenshot my party but I used Sephiroth, Reno, Cecil, Cloud, and Gilgamesh. Cecil was on buffs while Gilgamesh Retaliated the snot out of the last phase, where Hojo starts using a 4-hit physical attack. Pretty easy fight but it could've been easier if I had a Sentinel Guard or Stoneskin in my queue... too many Advance now. I ended up using Heroic Scarf RW which wasn't ideal since every superboss is resistant to breaks, something I should've realized before picking it.
Craze
the new interface wasn't laggy for a day or two, but now is. =|

i haven't rolled on dr. mog's banner because i own half of it, and the other half DOESN'T HAVE ASHE'S RUNEBLADE ON IT ANYMORE SO WHAT'S THE POINT

my salt level is at like, an 8/10 about that. gasksiohsalkn

....anyway fuck the soul breakfast, i'm dropping 50 on Faris's bow and then saving up for the Penelo and Lightning/Fang events. (Penelo event has Runeblade.) Dunno if I'll ever bother with dr mog even though storm staff would be nice
Why do you want Runeblade so badly? I mean, it's a great item but you're weirdly focused on it. Besides, hoping for a single item is folly because you'll never get it.
Craze
northswain's glow is pretty and i have no hybrid weapons