FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Have you ever wanted to play oldschool RPGs on your phone but didn't want to deal with emulators and wanted a faster pace? Well!

It's a game for android/ios that lets you play ATB battles against all your favorite bosses with all your favorite characters. There's equipment to collect, characters to unlock and spells to create!

Best of all, you can totally enjoy it as a free2play player. You can get every character as their events roll around just by playing, not by spending money! Money gets you equipment that can replace limit breaks. It makes things easier but is not necessary, and the game practically throws the premium currency at you anyway.

If you tried it before, try it again now because today's update dramatically improved the game. It's now my favorite game on my phone/tablet instead of second-favorite. It's slick, it's whimsical and you can still get Locke if you're fast. (Next limited-time event is Tidus, if you don't already have him.)

If you have any questions, ask here! Now's the time to start playing if you haven't already!

The game also has a thriving subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/

RMN RECORD KEEPERS:
Craze - 9xzU
LockeZ - e8nH
Deltree - eb9B
oddRabbit - qaKH
Jude - GDeN
Nessy - 7qjN
Cecil_Beoulve - rrsd

^ above list as of 6/13/15.

Post your friend code and I'll add you to the list. =)
unity
You're magical to me.
I WANT TO PLAY THIS BUT I THINK I'D GET ADDICTED XD
oh, I've seen this around! I kind of assumed it'd stay Japan-exclusive, but I guess if they brought over Airborne Brigade there's really no limit to things.

I'll give it a shot sometime, I guess! I even played All the Bravest on slow shifts, so it's not like my standards are high.
Craze
this is 100x better than All the Boringest. ATB wasn't even a game...
ATB let me watch flashy things happen and read disappointing and unfunny flavour text, and sometimes that's all you need
I mostly just hate how shimmery and gummy the buttons look, honestly. I'm kind of resigned to people using the janky-looking SNES sideview style for everything by now.
Ah this game. Been keeping up with the Japanese release for the FFWiki. A lot of stuff in the Japanese version that the English versions don't have at all. So far behind...and also super annoying to go back and fix things because of translations blah...

I do have to say, all of the Soul Breaks look really fancy and nice. Though some characters still aren't that useful compared to others at all...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The new update today made it so when you win battles from different game worlds, the correct victory music from that game plays. (Previously it always played the FF5 victory music everywhere.)

This was all well and good until I got to FF7. The FF7 victory music is my ringtone. This is not okay. This is a problem without a good solution. I refuse to set my ringtone to something that isn't FF fanfare music.

While I am busily engaged in a stormy internal debate inside my head over whether the Final Fantasy Tactics fanfare music is a suitable ringtone, you guys should go ahead and add me to your friends list. Friend ID: e8nH
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I play a ridiculous amount of this. I still don't have a single SB weapon, though, but I am almost to 50 Mithril and I just have to force myself to wait for a decent gatcha grab bag.

Protip: if you're on Android and the menu is really laggy, go to Settings, and under Developer Mode options, turn on Force GPU Rendering. Fixes it right up. FINE

My code is: eb9B (Lenna Regen too)
Craze
Deltree, the menu lagginess is fixed with this update. I didn't do that fix out of laziness and now it's all fine =P
Oh yes, I played this game weeks ago. This is a really good game for any Final Fantasy fans out there. For me, though, it was enjoyable while it lasted.

I'll think of coming back when I've got the time.
this is really fun and cute so far, though I'm a little steamed that I have to play as a dorky boy in a terrible hat

e: oh, my friendship incantation is Gphd. the sigil of the Learnèd G; the seven heads crowned with mortarboards, asking the seven questions.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The good news is once you get five real characters (with names, not core class characters) you can pretty much toss stupid hat kid in the garbage can and only ever see his silhouette on loading screens

He's not terrible though I guess. I'm actually leveling him right now just because I ran out of likable characters to level. His ability to equip everything in the game is actually vaguely useful for using spellblade abilities from the back row with a bow.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Well, I went for the Brotherhood. Instead I got 9 three-stars and a shield that I will never use when I'm already drowning in Genji gear.

I hate this game.

By the way, check your quests today before you do any pulls - there is a quest for doing a common draw that gives a free mithril, and a quest for performing a rare draw that gives 5, so it's like getting a free shot at something good.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I guess I'll join in on this too. My code is qaKH with the Record Keeper, and his basic Soul Break, Judgment Grimoire.
Craze
I did a 3-pull for Brotherhood and just got 3/4* armors for FF3 and 6. Eh. I'll check my quests and try again with a 1-pull. I've been saving 150+ mythril for Balthier's eventual appearance, might drop a 50 on Fran (event-less character in the next dungeon set) if her SB is any good though.

LockeZ: Everybody is worth getting to 50 if you're bored and having nothing better to do because of RECORD MATERIA. Basically, at L50 and with a Memory Crystal (you get Tidus and Wakka's in this current event) you can increase the level cap and get a Record Materia -- which is a passive that ANY L50+ character can equip. This is why the core classes exist, they're basically XP storage containers that turn into passives.
Say, since you guys are playing the game so much, perhaps you could help with getting images for the FFwiki? : 3

The videos that I get images from don't show the default Soul Breaks for like...anyone really, so if anyone can get screenshots of those and toss em my way to upload, that'd be super great. Or ya know, screenshots of all of the abilities/Soul Breaks the player can use (would help with replacing YouTube quality screenshots). ^^
Craze
i have a nexus 9, i should be able to take quality screenshots. do you want, like, stills of the animation in action? i have every character in global so far but no soulbreak gear. are there any i should prioritize?
Stills of the animation in action would be nice. Much like what's in the Gallery here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Break

Getting a GOOD screenshot is the hardest part I think. If you want to prioritize anything, start with the default ones since like...nobody ever does videos on those so I don't even know what some of those look like (even worse in the Japan Only section as they NEVER use the default, and most of the time stick to the same Soul Breaks for everything ha). The regular abilities shouldn't be too hard, and some I doubt even a good screenshot would convey like the Double Attack one or Charge. Enemy abilities are the ones at the bottom of the barrel since so many reuse the same things and getting the unique ones may take quite a while anyways. That's pretty much it for the screenshots for the game (unless people can rip sprites and backgrounds from the game, which I don't think anyone really has done outside of some spritesheets for characters ^^; ).

And yes, that page is a bit of a spoiler as to who's in the game, so if you guys don't mind spoilers, go take a gander at it!