FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Boss rushes are 3-4 long, I've never seen a <3 or >4 rush.

And yeah, your FF8 gear is really good but it's only enough for 3/5 characters. Honestly that's probably enough though? I know you have plenty of other 5*s. Might as well pull for a chance at Squall's SUPAH SOUL BREAK, I guess.

Yeah, I have a 4* ff7 glove for Tifa and a 4++* ff13 glove for Snow. I don't really want/need any other fists... a shame they they're kinda meh. (Also, I don't really like Amarant.)

Zidane should be fine with my 5+* Gladius and its nice Power Break aoe. I'd love to Get Eiko's stuff though. I don't love her as a character, but from what I've read she's pretty strong (and I really like Bard skills -- <3 Thancred <3 )
author=Craze
I'd love to Get Eiko's stuff though. I don't love her as a character, but from what I've read she's pretty strong (and I really like Bard skills -- <3 Thancred <3 )

Eiko is super, and only got replaced by Yuna because I got Yuna's Lullaby Rod during that Lucky Draw period. And even with Yuna, I've run some parties that have Eiko as well since she can drop Maduin bombs while boosting the magic of the entire party with bard songs... Or she can play white mage while Yuna uses summons and emergency heals with Hymn of Fayth. Not to mention she has one of the best default limit breaks ever, which frees up a Shellga slot. Very versatile character that fits a niche nobody else can--and the latter always makes it worth training them up for that special occasion. Really, any mage-oriented party will easly find a slot for Eiko--I just used her this morning in my Four Fiends-busting party in FF4 elite (working towards some of those memory crystals).

And I do like her character, since she's always in my final party for FF9 I've developed some attachment there, though my heart aches for Freya, who is my favorite FF9 character. I hope Freya's best limit break is the wind dance. Amarant is never in my FF9 party, though Brickroad swears by him.

Anyway, yesterday's XP daily was pretty dope. Almost 100k XP per stage. Very amusing to have FuSoYa go from Lv1 to Lv16 in a single stage.
Never know what Limits characters will get in this game, that's for sure lol. Some of them get really off-the-wall stuff that you wouldn't expect at all. @_@;

I never see Freya or Amarant used in any of the JPN vids I watch, so I'm wondering if they're just not that great yet. I haven't seen Freya's first Limit yet (because nobody ever seems to use the initial Limits in the videos that I watch. Which is troublesome even for the English version as I can't get screenshots of the initial Limits that way : < ), but her 2nd Limit seems relatively decent. Amarant...I haven't really seen much at all.

(I don't know if I should post spoilers about abilities or not for this game. Then again, does anyone really care about that with characters and abilities??)
Craze
I actually had to do big bridge gigglemesh twice because I thought I could do it with just magic break and protectga. lol.

i got lenna's healing rod which has a shitty SB but makes her a goddess of white magic! curagas for 3.5k, diagas for 7k... it's heavenly.
author=Craze
I actually had to do big bridge gigglemesh twice because I thought I could do it with just magic break and protectga. lol.

i got lenna's healing rod which has a shitty SB but makes her a goddess of white magic! curagas for 3.5k, diagas for 7k... it's heavenly.

Healing Staff would be a pretty low priority item for me since I already have Judgement Staff... which is usually my white mage weapon regardless of synergy because I am pretty light on Mind weapons. Pretty light on mage weapons overall which is why getting that Lullaby Rod was such a boon. I think on this banner I'd want Galuf's Kaiser Knuckles for that sweet invulnerability.
Craze
yeah tbh it's the one character relic i was hoping NOT to get. buuut bartz will get two more superweapons in the nearish future so i'm not rolling again for air knife/kotesu/galuffists.

it's still really nice to have =P

also? gigglemesh? he's SO GOOD lol. that +35% atk on Morphing Time! + his terrific skillset lets him just annihilate foes.
author=Craze
also? gigglemesh? he's SO GOOD lol. that +35% atk on Morphing Time! + his terrific skillset lets him just annihilate foes.

Gilgamesh is quite nice, and is making great use of my Heavy Lance (5-star FF5 spear with Armor Break SB). I like that Bartz can also use bows, because I have a 4++ Giant Axe and a 4++ Hayate Bow that are both excellent in his hands. It means I can either bring in Vaan or Wakka for support and still have a strong weapon for Bartz, depending on what I want to do.

It looks like Sand Worm is in the boss rush, so that's kind of annoying. Not as annoying as Rubicante, though.
Craze
Ah, I've actually been using Pecil with my 4++ Hayate Bow in the back row. I used it on Lenna for the classic dungeons though. i have 4++ Rune Axe on Gilga, but I should put it on Bartz with his rank 5 Tempo Flurry (THANKS ORBFEST) now that I think about it. I wish spears increased Jump damage, because I have a 5* FFX spear that'd then be even better on Gilgamesh.

f u c k r u b i c a n t e.

sand worm isn't too bad, although i'd admit i'm not looking forward to it. put wateraga/waterja on your best black mage with Attunement II (or strago's MC1 if you don't have Attunement II) and have everybody else defend/sit there as you blast it piece by piece. It'll generally take a hit then submerge, so you can just wait to cast again.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm okay with Sand Worm as long as it doesn't have medals for "Win without triggering Sand Worm's counterattack." The normal dungeon version penalizes you medals for triggering its counterattack, which is horrible, but fortunately the event version doesn't seem to care.
author=LockeZ
I'm okay with Sand Worm as long as it doesn't have medals for "Win without triggering Sand Worm's counterattack." The normal dungeon version penalizes you medals for triggering its counterattack, which is horrible, but fortunately the event version doesn't seem to care.

I don't even hate the countering and all that. The fight is easy, just annoying. The reason Rubicante is worse is because he holds that cloak up for an arbitrary length of time. At least when Sand Worm submerges you know he's coming back to the surface soon.

Mastered Necrophobe in one go with this party. I dropped Galuf for Yuna in order to have a group heal, both elemental and AoE damage, and Carbuncle. Plus, Galuf is only sporting a 3++ Gaia Hammer which is fine but not enough to justify his poor utility. Terra had Mystery Veil just in case, but the group heal was never needed. Yuna used the Mako Might materia so she would have Hymn of Faith ready to go at the beginning, which turned out to be a really good idea.

I missed all the medals in Damage Taken because I ate a few AoEs before I could get Shellga and RW Sentinel's Guard up, and also because of Necrophobe's Vacuum Wave. Necrophobe took longer than I wanted because he managed to blind Gilgamesh who needed to land Wind Jump for the medals (not to mention the extra damage). I tried five times and then decided I should wait for blind to wear off before gambling the final shot.

I opened up with Shellga, Sentinel's Guard, and Carbuncle. Then I restored HP with Hymn of Faith while proceeding to use Blade Blitz, Ruinga, Yukikaze, and Ifrit to deal damage. Lenna just kind of hung out because the reflects were doing enough damage to the Barrier minions and I wasn't sure how many charges of Diaga I would need against Necrophobe. Once Necrophobe was vulnerable I just switched to all of my elemental attacks since he is weak to everything. He wasn't too bad but I did have to Hymn of Faith again to deal with his AoE damage at one point.

Also, tip: It appears Necrophobe's attacks are all physical, not magical... So bring Protectga instead of Shellga like I did.

Ready to pull for FF8 gear tonight. I read somewhere that there aren't many 3* or 4* FF8 items so pulling on that banner might not be the best idea for synergy since the pickings are slim, so let's hope I get some quality 5* weapons and armor. Currently sitting on 120 mythril.

Edit: Gosh darn it. I thought it was already the 17th.

And these are my results. Pretty good overall. I never checked if Squall or Seifer can use guns, but I assume Laguna can once he comes out, which is good because now I have two FF8 guns. The bracer looks pretty nice--has a group heal attached to it so it's always nice to get more of those (that makes Mystery Veil, Lullaby Rod, and Esthar Bracer). The dagger looks pretty weak, but at the same time having a good dagger for each realm is kind of important, I think, since it's a weapon type everybody can use. Out of the 4-star items, I was able to merge that FF13 fist with another one so now I have a 4+ fist for Snow whenever the next FF13 stuff rolls around--so that's good. The other 4-star items are for things I've already combined, although I might hold on to that Gravity Rod since FF6 has quite a few mages and my 4++ Gravity Rod is my only superb FF6 mage weapon right now.
Craze
Gravity Rod++ is my best FF6 weapon too. I really should look into make a second over time.

I did a 100 gem and a 5 myth draw, got 3* shit. Not too worried because I have tons of FF8 synergy and I'm more interested in next banner's Maverick anyway.

I'm saving my 50 myth pull for Lulu's first banner (her hairpin is also really good but I have a bunch of the old FFX items -- first banner has Lullaby Rod and Wakka's second relic alongside the moogle doll which I am all FAR more interested in than a hairpin that's half a shellga + 3/2 of a mana's paean. like, i'll be happy if i get it, but I'll only do a 100 gem pull).

Thanks for the tips on necro!! I just whooped enkidu and gilga's asses after a number of bugs and crashes (had to update my tablet).

I really need to grind out Mako Might on saturday (ff7 daily)/sunday =/

edit: valiant's a fun weapon if you can advance/planet protector/etc. irvine. epecially since our best ATK+ accessory currently is the ff8 hyper wrist, as long as you deal 1112 damage you're breaking the damage cap.

edit2: deltree, maverick is a fist weapon for zell that raises the party's attack by 30% after a beat-down. if you're so serious about warriorz, i suggest going for it!
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Hah, thanks. Blew all my mythril on jack & shit from the FF5 banner, but I believe in the power of three, so I will try again tonight after I rush through the normal stages and get back to 15. Too bad it's attached to Zell, I guess.
Craze
maverick is on the next banner not this one!!!!!
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Arghhh, want that Squall weapon too. Tough choice. Good thing I ran out of stamina first.
author=Deltree
Arghhh, want that Squall weapon too. Tough choice. Good thing I ran out of stamina first.

I try to act like I don't want something specific, but deep down it hurts when I don't get that item. I didn't want Squall's weapon. My next pull will be on FF9's second banner.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I didn't master Necrophobe, but I might not go back and try again. I have 10 greater scarletite and 48 major scarletite. I also have over 150 total greater/major adamantite. I really don't need twenty more major scarletite every single week. Aside from the scarletite the only other reward for mastery is major white orbs... and Holy is a worthless ability.

author=Jude
Ready to pull for FF8 gear tonight. I read somewhere that there aren't many 3* or 4* FF8 items so pulling on that banner might not be the best idea for synergy since the pickings are slim, so let's hope I get some quality 5* weapons and armor.
3* and 4* FF8 items don't drop any more often from FF8 banners anyway. All 3* and 4* items drop at exactly the same rate from every banner. The only items that have a higher than normal drop rate are the nine specific 5* items listed in the banner.
author=LockeZ
3* and 4* FF8 items don't drop any more often from FF8 banners anyway. All 3* and 4* items drop at exactly the same rate from every banner. The only items that have a higher than normal drop rate are the nine specific 5* items listed in the banner.

That's lame. I guess there are just a lot of FF6 items and I happened to get them all on the same couple of FF6 banners.

Cleared what's available so far on the FF8 stuff. My party seems pretty strong but I'll probably be rotating in Sazh for the bonus fights due to having a spare FF8 gun and because Boon is dope. Immediate goal is to take down Ultima Weapon to get Steiner's memory crystal in preparation for the upcoming FF9 event.
I guess tonight I'll do the FF8 bonus battles. Usually I wait until Monday so that I can boost the party I want to use on Sunday's XP daily, but I'm feeling fine about levels and will likely double up on my FF9 crew instead. Also have 90 mythril, so maybe I'll pull on both FF9 banners... not sure yet. I should check what's coming up.

You know what felt amazing against Edea? Armor Break, Full Break, Advance -> Fast Shot x2. The witch melted immediately.