FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

author=Craze
I haven't made Holy at all yet. Diaga already tends to 9999 or close for me, and has full honeage.

Eh... Nope. Holy only caps against Ultimate+ if Mental Breakdown and Full Break are applied, on a 450+ MND character. Diaga is about 6.5k. Holy does 8.8k with Full Break against Ultimate-caliber RES.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I never have a chance to let white mages attack in U+ I guess ;V
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Hmm. Being able to bring an extra white mage without sacrificing any DPS would be pretty great. But sadly there are no +MND buffs in the entire game. So, with just Diaga, the boss has to be weak to holy element for me to consider it. If I had Holy honed up, I guess I could probably deal high damage without being buffed, so I definitely see the use.

If I need to bring a second white mage without sacrificing any DPS, my typical strategy has been to bring a paladin character instead. If I give the paladin Curaja and the white mage Curaga, they both heal for about two thirds of my max HP.
Craze
Ugh, I want the 4 MPO and MWiOs but this dragon is a butthole. I have Celes's wind attack and R5 Wind Jump/Strike though, so... I will do this... (hopefully). Gonna try both Lenna and Vanille this time I think, with a Quistis or Garnet RW. (Was doing Shout before, but with elemental weakness damage the 50% is overkill.)
author=LockeZ
Hmm. Being able to bring an extra white mage without sacrificing any DPS would be pretty great.

This is how I treat it. My Holy-user isn't my primary healer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do it as often as I'd like. Most of my MND weapons are actually sage weapons, and most of the ultimates where I have said weapon were group fights, so it made more sense to equip summoner Yuna with it. Which works out fine anyway, since the point is to have a damage dealer who can group cure. I don't like having my group cure on my healer because the cast time is so long, which feels unsafe.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
For Bahamut, I had to use two party-wide attack buffs, both Hand of the Emperor and Hyper NulAll, to get enough attack power. But then, I wasn't taking full advantage of the elemental weakness. I brought Ramza instead of a dragoon, because of breakdowns and because his interrupt soul break is TOO GOOD. Seven turns instead of five on the final phase? Yes thank you.

I also had Quistis in my party, which was a bad move. Thundaja did like 2300 damage. But it was not a bad enough move to cost me mastery.
Kuja 2 is a bust. Tempted to pull again. My Steiner party should be pretty strong because Drunk Cecil is a dark damage diva.

Yep. Smoked that rusty ass with full medals:

Selphie SSB wasn't my first choice, but it was the only group cure in the queue. Didn't really need it and should've given Basch a BSB RW to use.
A friend of mine told me about this one day while playing Soul Calibur 5. Its a really fantastic game. Cloud's new limit break is insane!
Ultimate+ Kuja mastery party:

Lost two damage medals. Had a false start in which Kuja hit Drunk Cecil with a normal Attack for 6.6k damage, due to wearing an off-record bracer and the -DEF from Dark Bargain. So, because I didn't bring any form of Protectga, I just had everybody defend until I was ready. By ready, I mean I had Boon, Stoneskin, and Apocalypse Shield good-to-go. At which point I just go to town with damage. Sephiroth saves his SSB and Barrage for Drunk Cecil's Soul Eater to be up. I used the insant cure RW after a scripted Gravija and a bit before the scripted super lightning spell that Kuja uses when going into his weakest phase. Y'shtola fell behind and Sazh died a noble death.

Besides smacking you with a normal attack in the first turn, Kuja has no immediately threatening abilities once you get your mitigation up, which includes Lightning-resist accessories on everybody. Instead, he blasts you with shitloads of group damage that your healer can't really keep up with, so I wish I'd brought Yuna for the major regen and used a Sentinel's Guard RW instead, because I can end the fight before needing a third wall.

Now that it's over, I have no temptation to pull on Kuja 2 again. Nothing immediately stands out as super important, so it's very possible I won't be doing any pulls until the next festival, which is probably going to be in June at some point.

I need to level up Kuja this weekend and get his +Dark RM for Drunk Cecil, though I probably won't need it until the next difficulty tier because he is capping Sanguine Cross with an off-record weapon already, though it requires Full Break.
Craze
How are you liking Sanguine Cross overall? I imagine Decil would be the best user because of his massive HP to act as a buffer. I haven't touched SaC yet but I -have- been using Dark Bargain on Sephi in various elite dungeons.

I should be able to pull on Kuja 2 by Monday, at ~33 myth after today's daily login.
author=Craze
How are you liking Sanguine Cross overall? I imagine Decil would be the best user because of his massive HP to act as a buffer. I haven't touched SaC yet but I -have- been using Dark Bargain on Sephi in various elite dungeons.

I dig it, though the 25% HP cost is meaningful. It's like using a 5.0 potency Soul Break every turn once buffed up. My only complaint is that I wish it did 3 hits instead of 2 because of how often I'm capping it. It's actually more powerful to use Dark Sword than a synergy weapon thanks to the +Dark and diminishing returns on ATK. Even without an SSB he's out-damaging Sephiroth, though not quite as bursty (16-20k per Sanguine Cross vs ~28-32k for Black Materia against U+ DEF).

I didn't really need Dark Bargain versus Steiner, because he's weak to Dark already, but I don't know what else to put in that slot when Ingus's Breakdowns are going to outperform any Break.

However, I would probably not use it if I didn't have Soul Eater. Like I said, the HP cost is meaningful and probably is a significant contribution to why I fell behind on healing against Kuja. But I can't ignore a character that can do like 50k damage in three turns while buffing my party's ATK by 35%.

Soul Eater and Apocalypse Shield basically increase my party's ATK by 75%, and while that's not as good as Shout and AS (95%), it's more than strong enough and allows me flexibility with my RW. I might lose the Hastega, but every boss requires either Protectga or Shellga, so I can easily cover my Hastega with Ingus or Sazh, though Sazh is harder to slot due to equipment restrictions.
LockeZ
Sanguine Cross is only 12% stronger than Saint Cross, and holy-weak enemies are a lot more common than dark-weak enemies. And half of the dark users are magical characters who can't use Sanguine Cross properly. So unless you have things that boost dark-elemental damage like Jude, or you have a really good soul break for a physical character who can use dark skills, Saint Cross is probably the better thing to hone.

That said, with Shout and Armor Breakdown, Sanguine Cross did 19998 damage to Steiner, and that was with Tyro using it.

I fucking annihilated Steiner, which I guess shouldn't have surprised me since I have five FF9 soul breaks and three other generic FF9 five-star items. Any strategy I mention is going to be unhelpful because I was busy setting up soul breaks and debuffs and preparing for his big attacks and then suddenly he was dead before either he or I got to do anything. I should go back to the FF9 story dungeons and finish the elite versions.
You don't really have to choose Saint over Sanguine because they only compete for earth orbs, and if you're anything like the rest of us then you have a billion earth orbs. After crafting Sanguine R3, I still have 40 Majors and about 400 Greaters remaining. They did that Black/Fire/Earth orb rush so often, and I never crafted Meteor. There are a few 5* abilities in the future that use them though, in the Combat, Monk, and Machinist schools... eventually. I think the Combat one is the only interesting one--it's basically a suped up Barrage with a longer charge time.

Just upgraded my Thief's Revenge to R3, thanks to the orb rush rewards.
Craze
Did my 50 pull on Kuja 2. Got 1 rainbow... Golem Flute. Kinda mixed feelings, since I have Eiko's superior SSB weapon, but Emerald Light is a way better medica and means I might use Eiko cross-realm now. It also means that in FF9, I have a solid mage weapon for both Eiko and Tyro (73 atk, 100 mgc, 115/120 mnd (yes the only difference between the two is 5 mind)).

Or I could level Cait Sith to 65/80/whatever his cap is, then use him for no good reason in Steiner/Kuja battles ;VVVV

Here's hoping BSBFest has a banner with Bartz BSB, Hope SSB, Basch's Plat Shield, and Kuja's Glove. I would spend... a lot of money on that banner.
author=Craze
Here's hoping BSBFest has a banner with Bartz BSB, Hope SSB, Basch's Plat Shield, and Kuja's Glove. I would spend... a lot of money on that banner.

For the BSB festival, I'm looking for a Runic, a Faithga, a Magic Blink, a group cure on a non-white mage, a defensive dual breakdown, a +RES or +DEF buff, instant-cast stuff, and any banner with multiple good black mage relics to cover my deficit. The most interesting BSB to me is Tyro's by far, but I also like Pretty Cecil's, and I'd like to have Bartz's too because he's just a good dude.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm having a bit of trouble getting Garland not to kill one of my characters outright on the first (two) turn(s). He likes to get a turn before I get my defenses up and deal 4k damage. >.<
Craze
Jude
Craze
For the BSB festival, I'm looking for a Runic, a Faithga, a Magic Blink, a group cure on a non-white mage, a defensive dual breakdown, a +RES or +DEF buff, instant-cast stuff, and any banner with multiple good black mage relics to cover my deficit. The most interesting BSB to me is Tyro's by far, but I also like Pretty Cecil's, and I'd like to have Bartz's too because he's just a good dude.

Yeah, a Magic Blink or defensive BD would help a lot.

Jeroen_Sol
I'm having a bit of trouble getting Garland not to kill one of my characters outright on the first (two) turn(s). He likes to get a turn before I get my defenses up and deal 4k damage. >.<

Do you have Full or Power Breakdown? Put it on a fast character. Also, are you relying on SBs/RW for defenses? Those have long cast times. You might be better off with Protectga as a skill rather than an SB if speed is an issue. That, or have everybody but the initial caster Defend on turn 1.

He doesn't use magic until after his third turn, if that helps. He's also completely ranged, so rows don't matter (in case you were using inferior ranged weapons).

I also tend to play the tricky parts of bosses at Speed 1 because it gives the enemy less casttime as I input actions.
Equip +DEF and +HP accessories.
Craze
Beat my first ultimate without using Wall! Sephy died at the very end, way later than I expected him too. Steiner put up a decent fight but ehhh not too bad.

Sephiroth: Had Shadowflare, but only used Protectga SB
Yuna: HotF
Decil: Darkness + the first Protectga SB (since he builds SB way faster than Sephi)
Golbez: Nightglow
Fran: Whip Kick
RW: Shout

Was fun to use some different people for once. I have R2 Memento Mori/Dark Zone now, and R3 Dark Bargain ~
Your usage of Drunk Cecil is totally bizarre. You're dealing like 30k damage in four turns--one of which has a lengthy soulbreak cast time. You could've done 40k in two turns with an unhoned Sanguine Cross.