FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I was gonna try it if I didn't win my first go, but then I won my first go.
Still, don't use Lifesiphon for single hit soulbreaks. It doesn't make any sense. In the same four actions that you did 30k, you could've done 34k if you just swapped Lifesiphon for Pound, and instead used Mako Might to drop your Protectga in the first turn instead of the third. Armor Break -> Pound - > Pound -> Armor Break. And since you don't use Pound, even replacing it with Launch does 31k damage--higher still if you look at it from DPS-terms, because Darkness takes 2.75s to charge compared to Launch's 1.65s.

But if you aren't using Sanguine Cross, I wouldn't have used Drunk Cecil anyway, because Zidane could use that sword and get five hits out of Thief's Revenge, up to 15k damage per use. Actually, I can't remember if Zidane can even use swords or is stuck with daggers. Locke can though, but you'd lose the +10 synergy levels and do a little less damage.

Illy, I'm confused as to why you changed your RW from a BSB to a regular Steiner one.
author=Jude
Illy, I'm confused as to why you changed your RW from a BSB to a regular Steiner one.

It was for the FF9 event synergy.
author=Illy
author=Jude
It was for the FF9 event synergy.

Put Steiner's sword on Squall. The extra 20 ATK or whatever Steiner gets from synergy will never begin to close the gap between the power level of s BSB and an SB.

Thinking about honing and trying out Piercing Strike on Tifa for the ultimates. We'll see... it's only slightly better than its peers against U tier DEF, but should be quite a bit better against U+ DEF. I'd hone Exploding Fist but I want to save Power/Lightning orbs for Full Break R3. I don't use Tifa too often, even though I have a decent 3-hit SB for her. I'll probably do the ultimates on Tuesday night.

Looks like Rosa is the second FF4 character to get an MC3. Best white mage, if you ask me. I think people are really overlooking her potential. She's one of two white mages with Support-4, and her limit breaks are more spammable than Y'shtola's. Unlike Y'shtola, she can use a bow, meaning she can efficiently slot a Breakdown in a physical team (I had her doing 7k Magic Breakdowns against Ultimate Rubicante). Her SSB is a group Curaga/Magic Blink, meaning you'd be able to cast it every third action if a fight demands that kind of magic mitigation and group healing (like Kuja does, for example). Only reason I didn't use her for the most recent FF4 event is because I needed lightning damage.
Craze
Rosa, like all other White Mages, suffers from "if you have literally any other white mage relics, that's your white mage for life" syndrome. I'd use her if I had any of her SBs, except maybe that shitty Raise one.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm sure all characters except Gilgamesh suffer from "If you have any other character who can use the same skills and has a soul break, then the ones without soul breaks are never used." It's not just a white mage thing. And the only reason Gilgamesh is exempt is because there are no other characters who can use the same skills as him.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Auron can, right? And because I have a SB for Auron, I only use Gilgamesh in FFV.
I don't use Gilgamesh because I have Basch's man-shield, but there is a definitive power difference between the two. Gilgamesh is basically the ultimate physical character. Need a tank? He can do that. Need elemental damage? He can do that. Need AoE damage? He can do that. No Boostga? He can Boost himself. Need a character who can do all that with Hammers or Spears or whatever oddball melee type you have? He can do that. Level 80 with some of the best HP and DEF? Check. He's also got great limit breaks, and eventually gets one of the best BSBs to date.
Craze
As somebody with a Giggles SB but not Basch, yeah I use him a lot. I think Jude's in the right using Basch over him though.

Steiner: Sword Art SStock Break/Protectga (used the latter twice)
Eiko: Flames of Rebirth/Emerald Light (i had so much hastega this battle)
Tyro: SG (dena pls nerf)
Lenna: Flames of War (I love that I had 2/3 Phoenix SBs in this battle (I don't have any of Locke's SBs))
Fran: Whip Kick. Natch. She my main gurl.
RW: Divine Guardian (Dat 350% RES buff ;V ... if it's additive, I assume it is?)

Kuja down. Didn't master, don't care much. Reminds me of Adel ultimate, but way more visually engaging and more tense. Now time to farm Tuesdaily a bit more, and wind orbs tomorrow... on Thursday I can start chasing that delicious Cat's Bell accessory ~

edit: I love the new Darkness skills. Seeing Tyro actually deal decent damage was great to see.

I thought about Reflect instead of Valefor, but Steiner did just fine, only taking ~800 damage or less on average while tanking. Eiko did very little this fight until the end where she was chain-SBing. Pulse Kindness on Lenna was an absolute blessing. She built up SB just tidying up HP.

I really didn't need Drain Strike's healing on Steiner. A stronger ability probably would have been better, but U+ needs great hones and it's R5...

edit2: why the fuck didin't i gvie eiko r5 diaga i'm an idiot. also know what i want out of a bard 5 ability? protectga/shellga in one. it's a small enough group that i don't think it'd be OP even though it's already considered SB-worthy (rosa, quina quen)
Ultimate Carry Armor mastery party:

I played it pretty safe with so much healing. I was planning on using Shout but there wasn't one in my queue, so I grabbed the group cura/Boostga option and then forgot to change Aeris's Curaga into a Holy to help take down the arms more quickly.

Group damage every single turn until the arms are down, plus two pretty sizeable normal attacks from the arms, so damage is quite significant. Magic Blink would be superb.

Vanille with Mako Might seems like a good starter move, since you're guaranteed to get blasted by Lapis Laser before she's done charging hers, and the Protectga would mitigate the arms.

I do not recommend damaging the body until the arms are done. You can't heal or buff the person who is grabbed so it will really mess up your rhythm.

Somebody needs to heal while you're buffing up or somebody will probably die, whether it's a nice big group cure or by having your buffs on your non-healers.

My device is low on battery and FFRK is a hog, so I won't get to the Ultimate+ until I get home and probably not until after I eat too. I likely won't be using Piercing Strike after looking at how much HP I need to knock down--no chance I could hone it to a useful rank without breaking more majors than I'm willing to.
Ultimate+ Arena full medals:

Proudclod is not vulnerable to lightning damage when you break his codpiece, so Quetzalcoatl was not really useful. It did less than 5k damage to Yin & Yang, so the extra potency from Maduin would've been more useful.

This encounter was extremely easy for my group. I took close to zero damage during the second and third phases thanks to all of those Blinks, and the first phase is just easy period. There was enough HP in this fight that Sephiroth got to use Black Materia a whopping four times.

I had Aeris use two shots of Dragon Force while the others broke Proudclod's codpiece. Proudclod's first beam attack only hit two people because I had leftover Magic Blink from the second phase (I wanted to avoid the ice spell's Stop, plus the multiplier on it is huge), and the second beam was completely mitigated by Magic Blink. Killed him before he could use a third beam attack while Physical Blink made his other attacks irrelevant.

No Boostga in the queue and I didn't slot Drunk Cecil, but Basch and Sephiroth can buff themselves enough.

Apparently I only need a single Black Crystal to craft Ultima. I do not plan on doing that, but I could.
The nightmare gate closes tomorrow evening, so you should probably do that if you haven't yet.

Apparently, the reason this Cait Sith event is shorter than others is because this event was augmented by their BSB festival, which we likely won't get until the end of the month.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I got a second Orichalcum for my main man Zidane, but I ony have the Rosetta stones to get it to augment 4. Should I raise it to level 25 anyway, or hold off until I get more Rosetta stones?
author=Jeroen_Sol
I got a second Orichalcum for my main man Zidane, but I ony have the Rosetta stones to get it to augment 4. Should I raise it to level 25 anyway, or hold off until I get more Rosetta stones?

Upgrade it now. With all of these orb rush dungeons, you should have plenty upgrade materials. I have like 445 items, all of which are maxed out, and I still have loads of unused material.
Craze
I'm not sure why they didn't do the normal Bonus Battle wait... the technology is obviously there due to all the other events working that way. We certainly don't have a festival taking up space right now =P

I'm on ++, I'll try Ultimates tonight or tomorrow. Does AoE damage trigger the carry armor's grab, or just single-target damage? I saw you brought Quetzacoatl.
Any damage triggers it. Aeris just healed and chillaxed until the arms were broken.
Jeroen_Sol
author=Jude
author=Jeroen_Sol
Upgrade it now. With all of these orb rush dungeons, you should have plenty upgrade materials. I have like 445 items, all of which are maxed out, and I still have loads of unused material.

Wait, can you still add Rosetta Stones when they're at max level? I wasn't aware.
Craze
Yup. You miss out on the 3k xp per (although like Jude said, item xp realllly isn't an issue), but until the augment level is capped (15 for SBs, 20 for SSBs/BSBs) you can keep adding stones. Do them one at a time, though, because a Major Augment doubles the current augment level.
Deltree must've been really upset about that Chameleon Robe, because he hasn't logged in for two months.

I've never gotten a double upgrade from Rosetta Stones. I wonder what the chance is. I've already fully Rosetta'd my Shadowblade and Vega42s because they are my only 5+ uniques. I'm about fifteen augments into Yoshiyuki.
Craze
Yeah, I removed him from my list a week or two ago. I'll add you back if you keep playing, Deltree!

I've seen a major augment once. It's probably something awful like 1%.

I made a carry armor party but was too tired to bother. Whoops ;V I'll get it done today.

edit: Mastered Carry Armor. Wasn't too hard, but I did have to s/l once due to a lapse in SG. (I didn't bring any Shellga, because meh.)

Nanaki - Lunatic High/Trine/Full Break/Thundaga/Mako Might
Tyro - SG/Magic BD/Dark Bargain/Dr. Mog's
Yuffie - Clear Tranquil/Thief's Revenge/Dismissal/Dragoon Determination
Vanille - Oerba's Boon/Deprotectga/Curaja/Thundaja/Ace Striker
Lightning - Blazefire Rush/Thundaga Strike/Life Drain/Unbreakable Spellblade
RW: Mog's Sunbath

Lost two damage (expected without Shellga) and 1 speed. Probably wouldn't have lost speed if Yuffie and Tyro had more hones (R3 everything except TR which was R2). Still mastered, so whatever. Lightning and Vanille spent some time held because of the Magic BD hits, but it worked out okay (Vanille actually got saved from a Lapis Laser while at low HP because of it).

The Arena looks fun! No time to prep until after work, though. Currently grinding Shadow because i want his RM and he'll be useful next week for Figabros. (Or is it Serah next week? idk.)

edit2: Mastered U+ on my second party. First one used Yuffie instead of Balthier, but her damage was too low (I can R3 Thief's R, but I'm saving my Wind Orbs for R3 Saint Cross...) and so I lost both Actions and Damage. This party succeeded in salvaging a 2/3 Actions score.

Nanaki: Lunatic High
Yuna: HotF
Balthier: Strahl Strafe
Tyro: SG
Sephiroth: Shadowflare
RW: Sunbath (no Shout available like my first run, felt like I could do it anyway. I did.)

I honed Waterja to R5 for this long-ass fight ;V

I love Dark Bargain, which is another reason for me to do SC instead of TR to R3. I'd like to get DB to R4 (currently R3) and that means ALllLlLL the dark orbs.

R2 Flashing Blade might have been more overall DPS than Lifesiphon and the single-hit SB, but it seemed to work out fine. My Pound is R1 because it's boring as sin. Mirror of Equity woulda been pretty funny but oh well, that's also R1. =/