FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Apocalypse. They're my main source of 4* motes, so I definitely try to master them all. So far I've been successful.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
In fact, they are the only source of 4* motes in the known future.

Meanwhile, in the Ultimate++ fight...

Me: "Hmm. I see. None of the four fiends had any elemental properties or attacks other than fire, ice, lightning and earth. Kraken wasn't even resistant to water and didn't use any water. Apparently this event is using the game-accurate FF1 elements, where water element didn't exist yet. It seems safe then to equip all of my FF2 Gigas Armlet accessories to make myself vulnerable to water but resistant to all the FF1 elements. Yes, excellent strategy, they've telegraphed this quite well but I still feel clever for figuring it out."

Chaos: "lol u stupid bitch i can cast tsunami, i can do whatever the fuck i want i'm fucking chaos"
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Just pulled Quistis' Burst and Cerberus Super, Laguna's Visions of the Past Super, and Shantotto's Super in one pull.

Beside the fact that 4 5* is pretty insane and I was really in need of more FFVIII gear, I was also in dire need of a mage burst, so I'm really happy.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Hello i installed this game about a month ago and i feel like i came to this thread tragically too late.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
yes but please stay anyway
Mirak
I have not read any guides on this game so i've been bumbling about on my own trying to see what can i achieve, but i don't think i'm doing too well. I'd like to think i'm not doing too shit but my luck has been awful in the relic draws.

I've got a few characters but i'm using the ones i've acquired one of these memory crystal things for except the RK whcih i'm 3 dungeons away from getting his first crystal. Maining Terra because she's the only one i've got burst equipment for. Using the record keeper because at this point he's OP, Agrias because she can fight and use curaja, which i got early on thanks to recruiting garnet. Cloud because he's stronk and shitening because she's the only one i got a memory crystal for.

How do you even get armor equipment, or accesories?
It's also kind of a bummer that i can only play one fight and then wait two hours for the next now unlike two or three when i started up.
LockeZ
Accessories mostly come from the weekly events. You should be able to beat the first ten dungeons in every event, I think, as long as you bring good roaming warriors. I'm not sure if you can do the + and ++ fights yet though. You need protectga and shellga to survive, and you probably haven't crafted those yet.

Armor comes from relic draws, just like weapons, but weapons are about three times as common. You don't need as many pieces of armor because every character can equip most of the armor in the game, but it's still kind of annoying. You might look at the relic banners and count how many weapons vs. how many pieces of armor they have before deciding to draw on them.

One piece of advice I'll give you: save up your mythril for the 11-pull relic draws. The eleventh bonus item isn't just free - it's also guaranteed to be a five-star relic. I don't think the in-game interface really explains that very well, if at all.
Mirak
It does, i've actually only participated in x11 draws because of that very reason, but i mean, i got two ramza swords in two of the draws. I don't even use ramza. That's 100 mythril wasted. :C
LockeZ
Uh, Ramza's Shout is the second best soul break in the entire game, topped only by the Onion Knight's Vessel of Fate. And if you have an all-physical party then Shout is still the better of the two. I absolutely 100% guarantee that none of your mythril was wasted.

A level 1 Ramza with Shout would actually be more useful against bosses than your level 51 Lightning, since he would triple the damage of Tyro/Cloud/Agrias, and also make your magic and healing about one and a half times as fast.
Jeroen_Sol
If you already have a burst and have Shout before any of your character hitting level 65, believe me, you don't have bad luck.

Armour is indeed just rarer than weapons are. Even now I have some realms where I only have one or two good synergy armours, most 4*++, rather than 5*. I don't think I have a single 5*+ or 5*++ armour.

Try to do as much of the events as you can, but keep doing the realm dungeons whenenver you have stamina to spare. The realm dungeons are extremely important because they are how you get your stamina up. Try some of the early elite realm dungeons as well, since the first half of realm dungeons seem to have many more stamina crystals than the second half, sometimes even giving you two for one dungeon.
Also, realm dungeons give lots or easy mythril, with which to do 11-pulls and have a chance tk get armour. Keep at it, you're just currently in the early to mid game slump. There will be another slump between mid and end game.
Jeroen_Sol
Well, all the Ultimates and even the Raid dungeons all only took me one try this time. Mildly disappointing, but you won't hear me complain about easy rewards.

Quistis's Poison burst was extremely useful in the U++ fight, what with Seifer, Raijin and Fujin all being weak to poison.

Bahamut always using his Ultimate Megaflare after using Ultimate Thundaga three times made it really easy to queue up Asylum right afterwards, pretty much trivialising the fight since another player was using Sentinel's Grimoire, so I didn't have to use Stoneskin.
Mirak
At what point should i consider participating on a multiplayer dungeon?
Jeroen_Sol
You can probably try the 80 and 120 difficulty battles already. Even if you're not very far yet, those battles are easy enough for other people to carry you through them.

The 160 and 200 battles I'd stay away from until you can beat the Ultimate event dungeons, and maybe even the Ultimate + event dungeons. Not only will the bosses probably kill you in one or two hits right now, every player needs to bring their A game to beat those bosses, so you'd be a detriment to the party in your current state.

On a completely unrelated note, it'd be very cool to be able to order characters by how many unmastered soul breaks you have of them. It'd make choosing characters for the daily dungeons much less of a hassle.
LockeZ
I'm not sure the rewards in the multiplayer dungeons are that great for you. Like Jeroen said, you can beat the easier ones, but they might not be worth the stamina until you're starting to run out of core dungeons.

Specifically, the main rewards for raid battles are motes, and you probably can't even use motes yet. They'll be useful eventually, but doing stuff that's useful right away might be more helpful.

The good thing about multiplayer battles is they only cost stamina if you win. This is to make up for the fact that losing usually isn't your own fault. So if the only thing you're worried about is being able to win, then there's no harm in trying.
author=LockeZ
but they might not be worth the stamina until you're starting to run out of core dungeons.

Okay, first off first time completion grants mythril. Spending that mythril will return more stamina than the raids cost. If you neglect raids because you want to spend more stamina on core dungeons then you are doing it wrong, full stop.

Second, motes are not the main rewards, they are the rewards veteran players are most excited about. U+ raid mastery gives 10 major orbs for just 20 stamina, that is amazing. You just don't hear people talking about it because they already have all the 4* abilities they need.
Jeroen_Sol
True. Definitely prioritise the event dungeons you can do over the realm dungeons. The Realm dungeons aren't going anywhere, so it's better to spend your stamina on mythril that'll be disappearing never to come back.

Edit: ... Just pulled 10 3* and a 5* I already had two of. This is the modern equivalent of a blank pull. >.<
On the plus side I do have another 5+++ reforged weapon now, but frankly, that's hardly any consolation.
LockeZ
The only five-star item I've gotten three of, other than the shitty freebies that everyone got just for logging in during holidays, is the FF5 Judgement Staff, an original release-day relic with no soul break and the worst possible stats a five-star item can have. Pretty gross.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
edit: MISTAKE
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i've received a lot of dupes in lucky draws and ffxiv pulls.

sorted by augment rank:

(and halloween pumpkin++)

edit: i need to go murder biggs & wedge and then the disciplinary committee. squall was super easy.
Jeroen_Sol
You pulled 5 FF14 shields? My god.