FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
one of the pulls was a glove and three shields. i have never been more "wat" about getting 4 relics in one go...
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
My current 5*+++ relics are:

- Garnet's Asura's Rod
- Faris's Aevis Killer
- Zack's Apocalypse
and now
- Zidane's Orichalcum

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I have no 5* armour dupes, and am still taking 4*+ armours to fights very often. Though I do have a good supply of 4*+++ armours now.

I'd much rather pull armours I already have than weapons I already have now. I want me some 5*+ or even 5*++ armours that are good even without synergy.

Better yet, the game should put an overstrike on a piece of armour and give me a 6* armour. That'll definitely be going to all my fights then.
Craze
yeah, dupes are bizarre in that for weapons I'm kinda meh (especially now that I have Vaan OSB and Fujin Unique, which are both sick daggers -- Shear Feather is a better magic item than most of my old 5* rods), but armors with side-effects are always nice to see. Even without dupes, I use Basch's Plat Shield a lot for the holy+. That 6* Wind Veil is a beloved and cherished item, as are the dark armors.

I still use 4*++ stuff too =P some of the ff6 ones and the ten gallon hat are very nice.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I have a 4*+++ FF6 Crystal helmet as well as a 4*++ FF6 Crystal helmet. I've also used quite a few FF6 Crystal helmets as forging material. They just like to drop for some reason.

I also have the 4*+++ Ten gallon hat. It's a good armour against magical bosses, as well as a piece of FF8 gear, which I'm sorely lacking in.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I didn't know you could unblock record materia by battling.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Record materia for different characters are unlocked in different ways, but for 90% of characters they're unlocked the same way:

> Get your first record materia for reaching level 50.
> Get your second materia by battling after using two memory crystals to increase the level cap from 65 to 80. 1% chance per battle to get it.
> Get your third record materia for reaching level 99. Must have unlocked the second record materia already.

When equipping record materia, there's a button to list all the ones you don't have yet, and you can see how to get each of them. Some of them are more annoying. Squall's second materia, for example, can only be earned by battling in FF8 dungeons and FF8 events - anywhere else doesn't count.
Jeroen_Sol
author=LockeZ
When equipping record materia, there's a button to list all the ones you don't have yet, and you can see how to get each of them.

There is? How could I not have noticed this sooner? That's so useful!
Craze
i double broke fujin and the next battle she dropped her RM. i was very pleased with her. don't tell her i already have +significant wind damage.

kefka has the MOST FABULOUS FLUTE in 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: ALSO JAPAN HAS A TYPE-0 EVENT GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Mirak
Aw and i just spent my 50 mythrilos on a keeper's tome and an ice shield. :C
Craze
keeper's tome is really good. enjoy it. and... which ice shield? i'm assuming you pulled on nightmare select? what's the ice shield you got (or is it a 4*)?

you should easily have another 50 myth by the time ff6 comes around. that banner comes in about three weeks, so at the very least:

21 logins + ~6 bonus logins + 30 events (ff7, ff13, ff6) + 12 weekend myth (this and next) = at least 69 myth by the time that banner appears, not even counting the 6 days after it that it'll stay up.

you'll be fine =P
Mirak
Whoops sorry, thought it was an ice shield but it's a Diamond Shield (I) 5*, the one with the soul break that grants protect to all allies. Thought it would be useful.

EDIT: HAHAHAHA it's not the keeper's tome it's the sentinel's grimoire. I SUCK at paying attention.
Craze
...SG is even better. it's one of the strongest limit breaks. it also puts an protect effect on your allies, but it's twice as strong as protect and shell together. and even better, it stacks with both protect and shell.

rngesus wants you to succeed, mirak.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oh my god it took me 15 months to get sentinel grimoire and you get it AND SHOUT after a month. Fuck me.
Jeroen_Sol
Yeah, Mirak, you don't really have to complain about your pulls, haha. Sure, it sucks getting only one 5* relic for 50 mythril, but in the past, the 11-pulls didn't even have a guaranteed 5* relic, so we've seen some much worse pulls than the ones you're describing, haha.
Lemme tell you how painful it was to get all the Type-0 data for the wiki, good god. >_<

There's still plenty more to come too. What's to come from what I see on the JPN site I go to:

Next event: FFVIII with Squall and Rinoa. Possibly getting Kiros/Ward with this one too. Also seems to be Seifer and Fujin for Legend Spheres and Materia.

Dirge of Cerberus for Shelke afterwards.

Umaro and Gogo for FFVI coming soon as well. Final Fantasy Legends II event is also coming, which should be...interesting to say the least.

I can't seem to find the Reddit post that had the information, but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

EDIT - http://happypluto.com/%7Emisterp/r/ffrk.pdf

Found this while looking for that post. Might be useful to some of you guys??
Craze
at l20, vayne's armor has 12/12/112/112 stats. at l25, it has 120 def/res. somebody's theming game was on-point

...also i got two vayne ssb armors
Mirak
I guess it's still too early for me to try a + dungeon. Got wiped out in the final battle in the exp daily dungeon.

It's weird because i can beat heroic without a single party member losing half their hp, but the difficulty spike was quite great. Fuck elm gigas's "left jab".

Is the defend command even useful? I took 1200 damage from an attack without it and when i defended the damage was 1130. Didn't seem to do much.

Also wow, shout IS useful.
LockeZ
Defend halves the damage you take, but enemies in the hardest version of the EXP daily dungeon use an ability called Expose Weakness that makes you take double damage from everything. It can be kinda brutal. Alternately an enemy might have just gotten a critical hit.
For those wondering, the upcoming current event for the JP is the Squall/Rinoa event, also featuring Seifer and Fujin, with Edea/Quistis/Laguna/Selphie returning for some of their old stuff.

https://ffrk攻略.gamematome.jp/game/780/wiki/%e8%a3%85%e5%82%99%e5%8f%ac%e5%96%9a%e4%ba%8b%e5%89%8d%e5%91%8a%e7%9f%a5%e6%83%85%e5%a0%b1_%e6%b5%81%e6%98%9f%e3%81%ab%e5%b0%8e%e3%81%8b%e3%82%8c%e3%81%97%e7%b4%94%e6%84%9b

Of note:

*Squall gets Icebrand, which gives him Brutal Shell.
*Seifer gets Almasy Flame Saber for what I assume is Cursed Demon Slice.
*Rinoa gets Conformer for Angel Wing Ice Bomb.
*Fujin gets Fujin's Pinwheel for what I believe is Inrush Tornado Zone.

*Squall gets Fierce Lion Fangs Legend Materia from Lion Glove.
*Rinoa gets A Unbelievable Witch from Rinoa's Arm Warmers.
*Seifer gets Relentless Attacker from Seifer Model.
*Fujin gets Raging Wind from Fujin's Bracer.

That's all that's really new so far that I can tell! I like that they're at least showing what's coming up next. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go gather more data for the current ending event for Type-0 for the wiki. *bows out*
Jeroen_Sol
author=Mirak
Also wow, shout IS useful.

Yeah, that's what we've been saying. It goes beyond the realm of useful, into the realm of game-breaking. It makes your physical parties so unstoppable that bosses are made harder to counter it, which in turn means that if you don't have Shout, you just die. It's almost a necessity to have Shout, Pilot's Steel, or Sheepsong for mage parties at this point.

The same applies to Stoneskin/Sentinel's Grimoire. I can't not take Y'shtola into high level dungeons or I'll get horribly murdered.