FF7 REMAKE. IT'S A THING.

author=Dudesoft
Well, if they do it right, Cloud will be Zack from Crisis Core and then morph into Cloud from Advent Children. I'm cool with that.
Love Barret's gun arm im that teaser. It would be seriously cool to see Midgar in a more open-world, FF15 approach. And seeing the monsters in full size would be so damn awesome. The ff15 monsters are so classic looking despite the mammoth size. Imagine being chased by the Midgar Zolom on chocobo back in cinematic full-scale? Damn worm crashing and splashing through the desert behind the fear-filled 'boco, warking all the way. Hell, I'd even settle for a motorcycle. It's more Cloud's style.

I want to see a giant fuck off sized hell house
Yeah... I can really see them all riding motorcycles across a swamp... Stick with the chocobos please.

Actually, I've seen a lot of people wonder if chocobos will be in the game and it surprises me that people think they won't. I mean, this is the game that basically made chocobos a thing - Square isn't likely to give them the kibosh. Why in the world do people think chocobos won't be in it?!
I bet you won't be able to enter Shinra Tower by taking 70 flights of stairs either with Barret complaining all the way and Tifa calling him a moron and to keep climbing

e: I know the original line is retard but changing that to something else is a change I'd get behind
the boob physics will be too complicated for stairways, GRS.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Liberty
Why in the world do people think chocobos won't be in it?!

I think people feel that way because there were no chocobos in Advent Children, except for a roadsign IIRC.
Advent Children was a stupid movie and so are all FF7 off-shoot stuff. Chocobos are still a thing in 15 so they're likely to still be around in the new 7. Besides, there are parts of the whole plot where they can't be replaced. And I want to see Cloud warking at chocobos, damnit!
author=kentona
the boob physics will be too complicated for stairways, GRS.

I guess there goes Tifa's limit breaks too then! I will miss you Dolphin Uppercut
author=UPRC
Oh, for fuck's sake.

Sounds good to me. That means no characters retconned in from the compilation, after all.
but how can you properly tell the story of ff7 as the original writers intended if they don't add original character do not steal iscar matthias after all

When finished, this mod will completely remove Cait Sith from the game in favour of a new human character called Iscar Matthias. Iscar is from Judus Iscariot, and Matthias was the apostle chosen to replace him. I have chosen these names to be symbolic of the character's betrayal, and change into a valued ally. Iscar will change and grow as a character. At first he will be a simple Shin-Ra spy, dedicated to his job, but over time, he will come to understand that he is working for the wrong people and change sides.

Cait Sith is a poorly written character that was probably shoe horned into the story late in development. The character has no logical or believable reason to join your party, or be allowed to join it. The idea that Reeve, a top executive for Shin-Ra, could or would remote control a toy robot cat mounted on top of a stuffed white toy as a tool for espionage, is ridiculous.

Iscar will change the character model, script, FMV and battle related information. Cait will be utterly annihilated. Where possible I will stick to the original script. The basic plot will remain intact, except that it will be more plausible. I have actually had fanboys trying to rationalise the writing regarding Cait Sith. These people generally display an unbelievably poor understanding of fiction and writing (the usual excuse being "It's just fiction" *roll eyes*).

Cait's going no matter WHAT you say.

originally from here but it seems to have mysteriously disappeared!
author=UPRC
Oh, for fuck's sake.

I'm not sure I get it; isn't this great news?
author=Feldschlacht IV
I'm not sure I get it; isn't this great news?

There are suspicions going about that the "a more realistic system" statement alludes to FF14/FF15 style gameplay rather than celebrating what FF7 is/was.
the realism comment is more about hojo having more realistic experiments of cross breeding two members of different species than putting them in a giant jar and assuming love magic happens
Honestly, I read that as graphically more realistic than the original. Hell, we already said the old jumping back and forth thing in battle wasn't realistic and it'd make more sense if they moved around the battlefield a la Star Ocean/Suikoden III/etc. I'm holding out optimism and gonna say this is what they mean since they already spoke about getting rid of the 2k3 battle systems.
I hope they don't get rid of Cid's limit break where he flashes then jumps forth onto an enemy's face then back to strike a cool victory pose

e: or where he radios in the highwind to drop a shit ton of bombs in the cleft between dimensions or wherever the fuck safer sephiroth hangs out
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's specifically talking about the gameplay system being more realistic, not the graphics.

I hope (but do not expect) that it will feature an ATB system where the characters run around realistically on the battlefield, like FF13, instead of just standing in rows. Nomura isn't saying jack shit though. Probably because they haven't actually decided yet.
AH, I didn't explain as well as I could have. I meant graphically in that the in-battle graphics might be more realistic instead of having a 'cartoonish' feel. Like in the newer Final Fantasies where the monsters and skills look like they could actually be 'real'. Though I, too, hope they keep the cool stuff in. I believe they already confirmed the dive-bombing houses are in. XD

Please, by all things holy, don't let them redesign the summons to be something like the ones in FFXIII. ;.;
Aeris will do some donuts in a dune buggy immediately before pretending to commit suicide getting murdered
In before Aeris comes back as an optional summon.