FF7 REMAKE. IT'S A THING.

I am filled with both intense dread and unbelievable excitement.

Fucking seriously.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
So last year's FF7 news was a joke? I'll believe it when I see it, say so, and go do something else.

Next time, they should bring some gameplay with them, because Aeris dying will never mean the same thing ever again.

I'll shit all over myself when they make an HD version of FF9 for the PC, or even just bring the original to the PC. That's what the fans really want, they just don't know it yet because 7.
Things I want:

1. Make it pretty.
2. Clean up grammar errors but otherwise leave the script intact.
3. Speed up the flow of combat--mainly by reducing the length of battle animations.

Do that and only that and I'll love you again, Square. You can tack on some bonus dungeons and weapon fights, maybe some new materia if you get the itch. But, please, for the love of God, don't let any of your current writing staff change the script.
Corfaisus
I'll shit all over myself when they make an HD version of FF9 for the PC.

I don't think my body would be able to withstand looking at Freya in HD. I'd probably wind up in a coma.

Housekeeping
Things I want:

1. Make it pretty.
2. Clean up grammar errors but otherwise leave the script intact.
3. Speed up the flow of combat--mainly by reducing the length of battle animations.

Do that and only that and I'll love you again, Square. You can tack on some bonus dungeons and weapon fights, maybe some new materia if you get the itch. But, please, for the love of God, don't let any of your current writing staff change the script.

As long as they do this and leave the turn based combat intact then I think we're in the clear.
So did Sony run out of money?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Pizza
Corfaisus
I'll shit all over myself when they make an HD version of FF9 for the PC.
I don't think my body would be able to withstand looking at Freya in HD. I'd probably wind up in a coma.

The Eternal Harvest dance with all the Cleyran dancers in their skimpy outfits with a hint of boob-jiggle physics for realism =

Furries, everybody.
author=Corfaisus
So last year's FF7 news was a joke? I'll believe it when I see it, say so, and go do something else.

Next time, they should bring some gameplay with them, because Aeris dying will never mean the same thing ever again.

I'll shit all over myself when they make an HD version of FF9 for the PC, or even just bring the original to the PC. That's what the fans really want, they just don't know it yet because 7.

Check the link, dude. There's a trailer and everything.
Corfaisus
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Corfaisus

Check the link, dude. There's a trailer and everything.

I did, but until it comes out, it's just a twinkle in Square's eye.
Corfaisus
I did, but until it comes out, it's just a twinkle in Square's eye.

Hopefully some more information surfaces soon. The wide shots of Midgar in the trailer look fucking gorgeous, but I'd be interested to see what the actual gameplay winds up looking like. I really want to see how the maps transition from pre-rendered, fixed camera locales to fully 3D environments.

SO FUCKING EXCITEBIKE!
Yes please. The wait has been long.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
The biggest concern that anybody should have is the game turning into more of a movie than a game, like Final Fantasy XIII. With the graphics in the trailer, you know they're going to want to try and do that.
There are a page full of reasons to be skeptical, but life's too short for that shit. Up until now people were willing to bet their salaries that this would never even happen.

The trailer looked great. Midgar looks fantastic. I'm just going to go ahead and let myself get hyped.
in case this is successful and 'video game remake' becomes a toxic term in a few years i want you all to remember this moment
I am legit excited and cannot stop smiling. My face hurts, guys. I mean, I hope they don't mess with it too much but damn, I called this shit years ago.
i heard they're drawing inspiration from kingdom hearts 2 for the gameplay
...Hi def Honeybee Inn?
Never thought I'd see the day.

I am legit excited for this though. Awesome.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
So freaking excited! The only downside to this news is now I actually have a reason to go out and buy a PS4.