"REMEMBER ME" OPTION

Pages: first 12 next last
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
I think having such option would be nice. I hate to put in my password each time I visit this site.
unity
You're magical to me.
Isn't there already one? The site logs me in automatically. Then again, I visit daily, so that may have something to do with it XD
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Yeah, the site logs me in automatically too.
Rave
Take 3 days off. 3 days, that's how long it takes for the cookie to expire here.

BTW.: This is what you get for trying to roll your own solution in badly designed language instead of going with industry standards like vBulletin or XenForo.
I've been logged on RMN for years. It's probably something about your browser.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Rave
BTW.: This is what you get for trying to roll your own solution in badly designed language instead of going with industry standards like vBulletin or XenForo.

:/
author=calunio

Yeah, I noticed when I took a break from RMN a while back that coming back I was auto-logged.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I never put in my password, if I've logged out I just put in my username, my browser remembers my password.
Rave
author=calunio

Sorry, but no. All other sites, all phpbb, mybb, smf, vBulletin, XenForo, etc. sites are remembering that I'm logged in. Not RMN. So as you can see this is DEFINITELY not my browser.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Rave
author=calunio
Sorry, but no. All other sites, all phpbb, mybb, smf, vBulletin, XenForo, etc. sites are remembering that I'm logged in. Not RMN. So as you can see this is DEFINITELY not my browser.

Then why are you the only one here having this problem?
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
What browser are you using, most of them have a 'never for this site' option and if you clicked that by mistake one time it'll add this site to the exceptions list. You just need to remove it from that list log out and log in again and it'll prompt you to remember it.

Like unity says, everyone else who has told their browser to remember or who keeps cookies after close doesn't have this problem, so it's not a site issue.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Just from the topic title, I thought this was about the game. Not that I know anything about it, aside from it's existence.

That aside, I have noticed that I stay logged on unless I hit "Logout". As for a "remember me" option to skip the log-in procedure, I dunno. I prefer to enter my username/password when I log back on. That's just me, though.

*Edit: I guess that's why it's an option!
I stay logged in on a half dozen different browsers on 5 different machines, unless I purposely click the Logout button.
The session cookie expires two weeks after it's set. That's all it is.
No problems here either. I'm using Google Chrome.

Rave, it's your side's problem.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=GreatRedSpirit

But inputting my credentials every two weeks is so difficult! I have to press keys and everything!
Rave
author=CashmereCat
author=GreatRedSpirit
But inputting my credentials every two weeks is so difficult! I have to press keys and everything!

It's more for remembering password generated from password generator. I have literally reset password every time, because I use safe passwords. So safe in fact that I have myself trouble remembering those.
mnemonic devices help.
Rave
Okay, so how would you remember following password:

TvF7uMYcuW!agWHzAXXXB&y#PSJ3uG!Nj_ELZgr+p*&H7M&d=vC5q5_dtQnfRZYDUq8eWHKvANb$@uvyaZ+tKws&s#!AnGyy5rg6C=mxddtaU%%jkm*!xWFuD5MK5DW6

Because that's kind of passwords I am using.
Pages: first 12 next last