INTERACTIVE FLASHLIGHT WITH NO SCRIPT.

Pages: 1
After some messing around with some events just trying to see if this could be done I finally figured it out! It's pretty simple now that i think about it...
So what you want to do is create a new event that's set up as a parallel process and create some control variables that are set up like this...

You need to replace the Erase picture 2 & 5 with any other images so it doesn't cause any conflicts. If needed you can add more erase images.
Here are the images I used for the light.

I will be putting up a demo if needed.
Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2nufbkrsgtl0ft/Photos.zip?dl=0
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Maybe a resource? Because the picture is not in the default program.
author=kory_toombs
Maybe a resource? Because the picture is not in the default program.
You can drag the photos to your desktop by clicking and dragging the photos shown up above. If that doesn't work please let me know and i can fix it.
Added link up top.
author=Sated
Cool! You should submit it as a tutorial!

http://rpgmaker.net/submit/tutorial/

Just did! Please let me know if I did anything wrong.
You do know you don't need to use separate image numbers right? Just use the one number and replace the image each time for that number. It cuts down a lot on messing about and you don't have to worry about erasing images since you're just using the one number. Much easier and less annoying to deal with.
Two things. One of the up events has everything erased. The erase condition should be if flashlight is OFF, followed by End Event Processing.
Second, else conditions are extremely messy, as in can cause side effects. Nix the else and just put If Facing Up, Down, Left, Right followed by an End Event.
Three, as a general rule ALWAYS do this. The lack of End Events means code that technically isn't either will cause code to spill (facing diagonally). For that matter, you have nest else followed by up twice, meaning it constantly flickers (lagging sliwer computers).
Also, you're going to have to have unwalkable buffer tiles at the edges of all maps so that the player sprite never leaves the middle of the screen like he does when he walks at the end of any map.
author=bulmabriefs144
Two things. One of the up events has everything erased. The erase condition should be if flashlight is OFF, followed by End Event Processing.
Second, else conditions are extremely messy, as in can cause side effects. Nix the else and just put If Facing Up, Down, Left, Right followed by an End Event.
Three, as a general rule ALWAYS do this. The lack of End Events means code that technically isn't either will cause code to spill (facing diagonally). For that matter, you have nest else followed by up twice, meaning it constantly flickers (lagging sliwer computers).

Hi could you please provide a demo with your version of these Events?
Pages: 1