RPG MAKER 2000 VALUE! IS NOW OUT IN ENGLISH!

I bought the humble bundle. I'll wait on 2k until after someone buys it for me the issues with the download are worked out.

While 2k was the first maker I used I never got into it really and ported my project to 2k3 early on when it was translated.
author=Liberty
Or~ You could purchase the Game Making Humble Bundle and get it at 90% off... :DDD

(as well as getting a shit ton of other stuff)

i drew those backgrounds in this vid ;w;)b #proud

alsooooooooooooooooo GODDAMNIT THIS BUNDLE WAS THE HOTTEST INVESTMENT OF THE YEAR OMFG

AND I WAS LIKE *choking* WHAT IT'S EVEN COOLER THAN I EXPECTED

I"m waiting for the steam key to appear on the dl page but I got all the time in the world to wait. I still have to sort through 5+ giga of RM addons from that bundle LOL
Cool. Will buy this at some point. After all, my first finished game was made in RM2K. :)
Yeah! Now people will know just how powerful RPG Maker 2000 is! In fact, it's the tool that most Japanese favored over 2k3.
Huh. Well I definitely didn't expect that. Will have to pick this up, and I'll look forward to the event though, for once nobody will laugh at my rm2k skillz.

Going to miss PicPointerPatch and friends though.
Ah, it feels good to start using this again. The interface is a lot cleaner than the version I'm used to.

However, I've noticed right away a few quirks with the database interface...namely here:

http://sylphidcreative.com/images/rpg-maker-2000-curves-wrong-column.jpg

It appears the curve thumbnails show (from left to right, then down) Max MP, Max HP, Defense, Attack, Agility, and Mind, but when you click on a curve to edit it, the order of the tabs is Max HP, Max MP, Attack, Defense, Mind, and Agility. I was confused when I thought I was changing one curve but was actually editing another. Is this easily fixable?
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
If I can ever crawl out of my self-dug SMBX grave, I will buy this in an instant.
I freaking loved Rpg maker 2k (I thought it was ten times better than 2k3) I'm going to have to save and buy this eventually.
author=eplipswich
Yeah! Now people will know just how powerful RPG Maker 2000 is! In fact, it's the tool that most Japanese favored over 2k3.

Over the years I've come to notice that the Japanese players in general prefer the front view battle system over the side view.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
This is amazing. The Humble Bundle for this even includes the Luna Engine. ]Also, if anybody needs Game Character Hub or a copy of VX Ace, I have one extra code for Hub and an extra code for Ace. I... buy a lot of bundles.Currently awaiting response from first responder. Will then move on to second responder if no reply in 24 hours.

author=Backwards_Cowboy
This is amazing. The Humble Bundle for this even includes the Luna Engine. Also, if anybody needs Game Character Hub or a copy of VX Ace, I have one extra code for Hub and two extra codes for Ace. I... buy a lot of bundles.

Hello!

So, how much do you want, buddy? Please, let me know!

Thanks!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Backwards_Cowboy
This is amazing. The Humble Bundle for this even includes the Luna Engine. Also, if anybody needs Game Character Hub or a copy of VX Ace, I have one extra code for Hub and an extra code for Ace. I... buy a lot of bundles.

I'll take that Game Character Hub off your hands for the incredible offer of absolutely nothing. RSVP
Download for the non-Steam version is fixed.
As you might have noticed, the 2k is more off a sidekick to 2k3 here, because only very few fixes/changes have been applied compared to 2k3. For technical reasons, we can't simply copy-paste stuff from 2k3 to 2k, and we focused on 2k3 until now. Unfortunately I don't have that much time (and this is a special case where you can't just hire any random developer to do it).
author=WillyFourEyes
Ah, it feels good to start using this again. The interface is a lot cleaner than the version I'm used to.

However, I've noticed right away a few quirks with the database interface...namely here:

http://sylphidcreative.com/images/rpg-maker-2000-curves-wrong-column.jpg

It appears the curve thumbnails show (from left to right, then down) Max MP, Max HP, Defense, Attack, Agility, and Mind, but when you click on a curve to edit it, the order of the tabs is Max HP, Max MP, Attack, Defense, Mind, and Agility. I was confused when I thought I was changing one curve but was actually editing another. Is this easily fixable?

The fuck I didn't notice that when I did the editor, oops <_<;
I dunno when I can fix it, but maybe once we get steam version out. I'm burnt out haha
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
This made me give a quick think into purchasing this and porting the original TsuK Legacy (bad spelling, grammar, and everything!), into ligit 2K. Maybe after Myraid Cypher is done unless a completely new maker comes out before then.
Anyone else notice performance issues in fullscreen mode? Maybe this is a 2K quirk, but I have an upper mid-range pc, and was getting probably 30-40 fps instead of 60. Windowed mode seemed fine.
I really didn't spect this after 2k3 official release, I saw the humble bundle yesterday and insta bought it, but knowing this and that 90% off buying any RM is like an anticipated Christmas :D

thanks Archeia, Cherry and all people involved for this
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Why does this exist
Because it's got an ! mark after "Value". Oh and a + too.

On a more serious note, some people like the turn based first person view because it requires less resources to make for. When 2003 came out, some people stuck with 2000 because it was hard to find good sideview battler characters.