YOUR AVATAR

my avatar is like a puzzle or something
I paid a friend of mine to draw it for me! I wanted to join this forum and I was from the future hence my hair color!!!! The dazzled kind of look is due to all the cool games here!!!
My avatar is an FF Tactics white mage guy!! xDD :D

Mainly because I am a fan of the FF series and White mages! :D

Also:

XD
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread

From riderx40's Boss-Rush thread. More specifically, this post.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/18216/?post=735464#post735464

My sketchy little painting of one of the RMN Pokemon, Chi-Nun. Coincidentally, the time I finished this was around the same time Liberty allegedly caught one.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I got hooked into making gif avatars after I posted this one

back in 2009, and everyone was like MY EYES.

Thus started a long and meandering journey through video conversion, gimp magic, and making things in general.

Then, many years later, I made this masterpiece on a lark:

Then GRS showed me up with one of his avatars doing the same thing but actually not awful - I applied it with this:

(which I still totally love.)

But then, I am now on this baby, because I was looking through my fanfictions-to-turn-into-audiobooks and Advance Wars was alphabetically at the top of this list, I got nostalgic, and here we have 2 hours later in gimp:

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Feel free to bask in my avatars with this ballin tune: Destroy Them With Slams
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=Hexatona

Your avatar is... someone in front of Advanced Wars 2: Duel Strike for the DS, right?

only 80s kids get it
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Kloe
author=Hexatona
Your avatar is... someone in front of Advanced Wars 2: Duel Strike for the DS, right?

It is Tabitha, from Advance Wars Days of Ruin, with DEAL WITH IT shades, in front of some random Dual Strike Screen, with infinite explosions. If you could create explosion flare, I would have.

author=kentona
only 80s kids get it

An alcohol swab gets the job done these days! That gif is glorious though...

We all had a sequence of moves that would be "guaranteed to work!"

Blow, insert halfway, push down (letting it be pushed in naturally) jiggle left and right, leave cover open, press on. repeat two more times.
kill all frontloaders
author=Hexatona

It's beautiful hexatona
AAA++++++++++++++ slam jam
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
kentona
only 80s kids get it

This gif would only be accurate if followed up by blowing in the Nintendo, shaking it a few times, and seeing the sunset.

It usually took me between two to three hours to get a new game to work. True story. Gameboy only took between 30 to 45 minutes to get a new game to work.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=pianotm
This gif would only be accurate if followed up by blowing in the Nintendo, shaking it a few times, and seeing the sunset.

It usually took me between two to three hours to get a new game to work. True story. Gameboy only took between 30 to 45 minutes to get a new game to work.

Whaaa - where did you keep your consoles, buried in an ancient cask at the bottom of a saltwater lake? I've never heard of people have such trouble, ESPECIALLY with a gameboy.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
GreatRedSpirit

Before I even watch this, I'm going to bet this Gameboy still works.

Hexatona
pianotm

Whaaa - where did you keep your consoles, buried in an ancient cask at the bottom of a saltwater lake? I've never heard of people have such trouble, ESPECIALLY with a gameboy.

The game consoles were kept in the living room with the TV and the VCR. I only had this trouble with new games. Once I got them working the first time, If I every wanted to play them again, it took around 10 to 15 to get them to work. The worst one was The Legend of the Ghost Lion. Mom didn't think I would like it because it was "obviously for girls", but it was an RPG, and my favorite game was still Dragon Warrior. Still, I couldn't get that game working until the day after I got it. About an hour in, my mom started doing the Q-Tip thing. Could not get that fucker to work. Not even glitches. You'd just turn it on and it was white snow. We were starting to think the game didn't work, but nope. It stopped doing the white snow and started showing patches of color. I think that was the worst experience I ever had trying to get a game to work. Legend of Zelda, I got mostly working in about 20 minutes out of the box, but I kept having to pull the game because it would start glitching up. That took awhile to iron out.

The only game I've never had a problem with is Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX for the Gameboy. I've never had to blow in it once. Worked perfect right out of the box. Here we are years later, I can still pop it in and have no trouble with it. Tells me that a game cart made from good components won't glitch over a little dirt on the connectors.
Our NES was glitched from the getgo - not sure why we never returned it. Anywho, iirc, the process was:

1) system is powered off
2) insert game
3) press power
4) go to back of NES and UNHOOK powersupply
5) count to 3
6) insert powersupply
7) press 'reset' (?)

My memory is a little hazy, but it was some cumbersome process like that. And that was just to get the NES to attempt to load the game. If it was glitched or scrambled, we'd have to do the usual stuff like blowing/cleaning/repositioning cartridge and restart the NES using the above process.

I still have that NES in a box. I should pull it out and try it again and see if I still have to do that.

EDIT:
actually, I *think* you pressed and held Power button down while removing and re-inserting the powersupply cable and then releasing the Power button.

Yup. It's from;