NO SIDEBAR? [REVISITED]

Pages: 1
I hate to be 'that guy' who posts about the same issue twice, but after noticing this for a while, the inconvenience of not having the Community Portal on the right of my screen by default via normal linking to the forums is killing my community participation for me, and probably a lot of other people! To recap;

author=me
I've noticed that the content bar on the right side of the screen that I assume should be there, well, isn't, most of the time for me.
author=kentona
When I implemented the Community Portal, I left the original /forum/ link and rendering intact, partially because I was worried I'd break something if I removed it, and partially because there was some who hated that I was "cluttering" up the forums (which I totally did by adding that sidebar, but I think it was a good thing).

I am still worried I'd break something somewhere if I removed it! If only people's bookmarks.

Do you think that I should get rid of the standalone /forums/ completely, and replace it with the community portal outright?

Unfortunately, the site staff communication on this initiative sort of fizzled out. Again, I hate to be 'that guy', but if fixing this is indeed a simple fix, I heartily recommend doing it sooner than later.
It's probably on one of kentona's 'To Implement' lists, no worries. I'm with you - it only adds to the forum, doesn't detract, so it should be the default.
I am working on a feature that I cant figure out how to get working but which also breaks the site so all of the other planned updates have stalled until I figure it out. I'll prioritize this.
Thanks for not forgetting about the little people, kentona! :)
It's not that I forget, it's that I'm lazy
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wait, some people actually like the sidebar?

I mean if you like it, then why not just click Community, instead of taking the extra time to hover over the Community button and click Forums?
Because every other link leads to the forums and not the Community portal forums.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The links at the bottom of the screen from inside the forums? Once you're inside the forums I think it makes perfect sense to only show the forums, and not statuses or posts on game profiles. I mean either way is fine, but I don't think it's worth changing.

If you're just sick of having two near-identical pages to upkeep then I get it. In that case it's probably best to remove the ability to post statuses so the portal can be simplified just use the portal for everything
Pages: 1