THE PRESIDENT OF NINTENDO HAS PASSED AWAY

Pages: first 12 next last
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Yeah. The title speaks for itself:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/12/nintendo-chief-satoru-iwata-dies/

Damn. I mean... damn. He will be sorely missed.

... Damn.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
He was honestly very inspirational in both games he created and the reins he held nintendo by through the tough consoles and some of the best ones.
Nintendo was my childhood, he will be missed.
Wow, this is horrible. :( We have this man to thank for so many of our childhood classics. Nintendo has been in need of new leadership for a while now, but still, poor Iwata. ;____;

Now I wonder what will happen to Nintendo...

I hope they don't go third party or try to imitate other companies...
Wow man this is hard to believe. Satoru Iwata and Masahiro Sakurai made Kirby. Kirby's Adventure was the first game I ever beat. RIP Satoru Iwata.

Iwata Game Credits
http://starmen.net/credits/satoruiwata.php

Wow.

That's some fucking harsh news.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
My heart sank when I heard the news of Mr. Iwata's death. He was part of the legendary trio that first sparked my childhood creativity with Kirby's Adventure, which led me to becoming the artist/game designer I am today. He's in Dreamland now...
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Oh, wow! That came out of nowhere!

RIP...
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Farewell Iwata-san.
You have no idea that feels I've been getting ever since the news came out. :(

I owe that Legend so much. A Legend who was taken from us all FAR too soon. The world is a darker, duller, less joyful place in his absence.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
i thought it was good that the president was someone who actually worked creatively, programmed earthbound etc, instead of some financial sector dirtbag like the ones running square capcom konami etc. sucks hardcore
I doubt Miyamoto will take over but it'd probably be for the best if he did. One of his heaviest burdens was trying to emphasize to development teams that he won't be around forever. Strangely though it's the presidents that end up passing away sooner than him.
author=Ciel
i thought it was good that the president was someone who actually worked creatively, programmed earthbound etc, instead of some financial sector dirtbag like the ones running square capcom konami etc. sucks hardcore

Yeah we can only hope that his successor is as fun loving and caring about games as he was.
DE
*click to edit*
No more Mario Kart?
author=DE
No more Mario Kart?

No more Mario Kart...
Pages: first 12 next last