SATORU IWATA (CEO NINTENDO) PASSES AWAY

Pages: 1
http://gonintendo.com/stories/238321-satoru-iwata-president-of-nintendo-has-passed-away

Wow. First of all, seems sudden and condolences to his family and co-workers.

On the gaming side, does Miyamoto take over? What does this mean for NX? Are they going to go third party from here?
Nah man Nintendo won't go third party and I doubt Miyamoto is interested in the position. But rest assured someone will take his place. But Nintendo won't be the same without Iwata. I'll miss his Nintendo Directs.
i enjoyed seeing him in nintendo direct, he seemed like a very nice man, hardly what I would think of as a CEO of a major company. I don't think there are many people here who haven't been influenced by his work (kirby, earthbound, etc)
I think they'll do a Nintendo Direct in his honor and probably declare who'll be the CEO from now on.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Oh wow. This was quite sudden, but I guess no public icon would really be that open about their medical problems, would they?

My condolences to his family and co-workers. His legacy will be remembered.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
I read in one CNN article that Miyamoto and another top Nintendo official are temporarily taking over the company until a successor for Iwata can be found. All this just a short time after Miyamoto sealed the deal on a Nintendo theme park in Florida.
Its a real tragic death in the video game industry. He will be missed by many people including me, especially when he does his directs and says "Directly to you" I'm going to miss him saying that.
I'm still processing this. I really don't know what to think, since this man has created some of my favorite games from the company.

My heart goes out to his family.
While I hope Nintendo can continue as it was without him, emphasizing fun above all else, I can't help but worry that there are evil investors lurking around the corner, biding their time and chance to take the seat to they can force Nintendo down a path of money milking.

You know they're out there.
Pages: 1