[RM2K3] IS IT POSSIBLE TO EDIT WEAPONS, ARMORS AND SUCH WITH EVENTS?

Pages: 1
What I mean is, for example, you have a sword with +30 Atk and in-game via... I dunno forging that same sword also gives +10 Def or Fire Attack Atribute. I know there isn't an option to edit the same item outside changing it in the database or making several items with the same name but different properties. But is there a way to do so with events, variables and such?
The same-name-different-properties solution is about the only method that's reasonably doable. You could in theory create your own combat system from scratch that tracks and calculates everything from variables, but then you wouldn't be using the database's weapons at all, which means you wouldn't have the convenience of the built-in equipment menu either.
The database is readonly. All items you acquire in game are just saved as "item ID" and how many you own. If you change Firesword (ID20)'s Atk, all Firesword (ID20) would be changed, you can not change a single instance of an item, because there is no instance, theres only the number of items you own that are like the one in the database.

The stats can be changed with a DynRPG-Plugin, it allows to change the values of the database in RAM. However, changing the database-entries von never meant to be done, and that is why the database is not saved into and loaded from savegames.

If you, for example, change your sword to 30Atk, and quit the game and load again, the change will be gone and its back to default value. If you change a value and then load a different savegame, the value will still be the new value.

There are ways to handle that, for example you could manually set the values each time bevor a battle starts or the player opens the menu. You need to sync it with variables. Its a workaround, so its not the most comfortable solution.
Hmm... thought as much. Well at least I made sure. Thanks for the help, guys!
Pages: 1