GG MAKER: THE NEXT BASTARD-CHILD OF FAMILY EB!

Pages: first 123 next last
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!

I say that in the most positive light imaginable. This actually looks pretty good.

"GG Maker, a brand spanking new program that will help you develop amazing games for either PC or mobile devices! With its "Graphically Assisted Scripting" approach to game making, it can accommodate both newbies and experienced game developers."
I'm not going to buy it until it is on a lean sale, much more lean than still a full priced game, 15% off is pretty good, but I know I can do better, as I am a patient man.

What about you?

Of Note; 3D support. Mobile Devices supported, what else did we ask for?

Oh yeah, easy platforming support.

Eat your heart out Degica, I'm doing your marketing for you.

Bizarre Monkey does not have any involvement in any of this engine's creation, he was just fast to find out about it, and saw this topic had not been made yet, and took to it with gusto, yes!
kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
what's strange is that the images show that the icon is 001, which is the same as http://rpgmaker.net/engines/engine001/ which I added as an engine here after Mike Weir asked me to a couple of years ago.

So, is GG Maker new, or just a retooling of Engine 001?
Eh. Not that interesting, these things are coming too close to a stupification of engines like Unity, Unreal and the like. People would be better off just putting the time into learning those.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I'm pretty sure it's a retooling. Just like every release they've shamelessly milked out in 2015.

And yeah, it's a gamble at best. Still, we'll see how it goes.
EB is unrelated to GG Maker and doesn't own Degica either if we're going by 'family.' GG Maker is a reconceived version of 001 with additional updates and it's own graphic pack (or RTP for the RPG Maker inclined). A lot of developers are moving their engines on steam too, it's not that unnatural. :)

Zeigfried_McBacon
I'm not staff anymore, so please don't ask me about that,especially game engine related stuff.
Nice troll thread.
kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
Do you happen to have an 32x32 icon, or a image of the GGMaker logo I can turn into a 32x32px image to use as an icon, so I can add it to the RMN engine list?

author=Zeigfried_McBacon
Nice troll thread.
Why is this a troll thread? i dont geddit
unity
You're magical to me.
I may check this out in the future, as it looks kinda promising. That said, my next two games at least are planned for VX Ace, so it may be awhile XD;

Still, looking forward to hear how others like this engine!
kentona
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Here you go!

thanks!

http://rpgmaker.net/engines/ggmaker/

author=WolfCoder
Or you can just use Unity

I'd prefer to use unity
unity
You're magical to me.
author=kentona
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Here you go!
thanks!

author=WolfCoder

I'd prefer to use unity

SCANDALOUS :P
To be fair, unity was being called unity before it was cool to use Unity.
kentona
author=WolfCoder
To be fair, unity was being called unity before it was cool to use Unity.

My first girlfriend was from Unity
Okay, this is becoming like Inception.
Come on, give the baby some lovin'

Pretty disappointing, considering how modern it makes itself out to be. It also uses some weird VB-derived custom language instead of just bringing in something that already exists like Ruby or Lua. That's a pass for me :/
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=unity
author=kentona
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Here you go!
thanks!

author=WolfCoder

I'd prefer to use unity
SCANDALOUS :P

unity Unity unity unity unity Unity unity

unity unity Unity

Unity unifies unity
kory_toombs
It’s your actions.. not your strength, that would lead you to victory.

Probably better than IG Maker, but that's not saying much. I think I would want to see more about how this works before even thinking about it.

Also this doesn't look like it's made by Enterbrain. Just the same publishing company.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
It still looks better than half of the design software in the Humble Bundle. Most of the stuff in there besides RPG Maker is for making Steam spam.
Pages: first 123 next last