[RMVX ACE] TESTERS NEEDED

Pages: 1
The game is called Hero's Preface, it's an adult oriented JRPG. The setting is a fantasy setting, just like any Final Fantasy game. The character's are more realistic than the character's in other games. They have flaws, they get angry, they kill people and do dirty things. They may drink, they may cuss, they may have sex, and they may be awkward with women.

I've been working on this game for over a year now and I'm confident that it's ready to be published, but due to some mature content in my game, I don't think it's going to get published. I don't want to change that content too much though, because I've had a lot of people say that it's the best part about my game.

Anyway, I really want some people to play test it for me. I've play tested it myself, but I need some outside input. I want to know how hard/easy battles are, if they're too frequent, etc. I want to know what you think about my characters, I want to know if my dialogue is good, I want to know if it's boring, etc.

It's just around 10 hours though, so it's a pretty daunting challenge. I put a lot of time and love into this game, and if you stick with it, I think you'll be rewarded.

If you're intrested, message me and I'll give you a summary of my game and a link to it in drop box.

Just a disclaimer, it has mature dialogue and adult situations.

------------------------------GAME PAGE------------------------------------

------------------------------STORY-------------------------------------
This game details the journey of two young conscripts in the Royal Army, Karnac and Larz. Larz being the prince of the Capitol, and Karnac being a close friend.
Kildran is a brilliant and beautiful orator whose words can move any audience, and he uses his gift to create the spark that leads to war between peasant and noble. Kildran wasn't a threat, until recently, when a mysterious mage known only as "The Robed Man" began to lead his Peasant Army. The Robed Man is his most powerful agent, and where ever he goes, death and destruction follow. Karnac and Larz are sent on missions by their king to aid the royals in different ways, and eventually, they are captured by a powerful assassin who works for Kildran, called Shadow. Shadow takes them to the magical lands of the Slatos where they meet the powerful Arch-mage, who tells them of a way to overcome The Robed Man. They are to defeat and imprison the three elemental gods, Ifrit, Shiva, and Rammuh inside of their respective orbs. The plan is to combine the three into the powerful Orb of Divinity, and use it's power to confront and defeat The Robed Man.

---------------------------CHARACTERS-----------------------
Karnac: A brash, hot-headed womanizer, who never misses a chance to flirt with a pretty woman.

Larz: The son of the king of the Capitol. He has sworn to always protect the weak, and he generally has a no nonsense attitude.

Jack: A once mighty and feared pirate. He turns out to be a lot like Karnac, except that he is not afraid to kill, and he's a heavy drinker.

Cecelia: A pretty, young white mage. Is pretty naive at times, and doesn't seem to understand crude humor very well, but quickly adapts to new situations.

Celeste: The princess of the Capitol, and sister of Larz. Her beauty is unsurpassed, and she still has the sweet innocence of youth.

Kildran: Leader of the Peasant Army. A talented orator, and very intelligent. Has long flowing white hair, and his very presence demands respect.

The Robed Man: A mysterious mage that brings death and destruction where ever he goes. Leads the Peasant Army under Kildran.

Shadow: A powerful assassin that works as the left hand of Kildran. Used to be the right hand, until the appearance of The Robed Man.

The Arch-Mage: The leader of the mage brigade, the most powerful unit of spell casters in the Slatos. Worked his way up to Arch-Mage from lowly beginnings.

-----------------------------------GAME PLAY--------------------------------
Over-all, this game was made for a more mature audience, high school age and above. I'd say ages 17-26.

*Game play is filled with some crude humor, especially sexual innuendos.
*Game play can be very silly at times, or very serious.
*I rely much more heavily on character-character dialogue than character-NPC.
*I've created each character to be unique and enjoyable to learn more about/hear more from.
*I've tried to avoid cliches as much as I can, and I know some quests will feel generic, but please keep in mind that I'm working only with the VX ACE default tools and music.
*I have around 10 hours of game play, and I want this game to be the first part of three games. But I will not do any further work unless this game is well received as it would be pointless since I'm doing this purely for player's enjoyment.

-----------------------------------GAME RATING---------------------------------
My game is at least T, maybe M. Although I have no pictures of nudity, violence, or gore, I do have descriptions of such things.

*Some scenes have strong language.
*Some scenes simulate alcohol usage.
*Some vivid descriptions of sex (no nudity)
*Some vivid descriptions of violence (rape, murder, domestic, etc.)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The characters can't be awkward with men?

Anyway, consider getting a gamepage, and draw people to your game that way (if/when it's accepted). I obviously don't know what the game contains, outside of the vague references you're making, but, with a gamepage, potential testers should have a better idea of what they're getting into.

Good luck with your project!
author=Marrend
The characters can't be awkward with men?Anyway, consider getting a gamepage, and draw people to your game that way (if/when it's accepted). I obviously don't know what the game contains, outside of the vague references you're making, but, with a gamepage, potential testers should have a better idea of what they're getting into.

Good luck with your project!

How's that?
It just got accepted. Sorry for the wait. Ask there for playtesters (a blog would work), as most interactions with games happen on the game pages themselves. That said, you could look through the forums for LP threads (there's a few people who have them) and ask for Let's Tries of your game. They're more feedback-oriented Let's Plays.

This thread no longer has a use as we don't allow advertisement of games in the forums.
Pages: 1