NEED HELP I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR RM2K3

Pages: 1
Hi again I have a few questions and would be very grateful for any help.

1) If I create an event cut-scene using Autorun how do I stop the cut scene repeating itself , the only way I know to get around it is to create a duplicate map and just black the screen out and teleport but there must be a better way.

2) I can't find a working Download of that software I need that allows you to create ICON Pictures for the menus. The download link always seems broken. do any of you know where to get it and have a tutorial on how to use it ? I mean it wont screw up my game will it ?

3) Can you guys Recommend the best tutorial for creating Mission EVENTS so for example one guy in a town wants you to collect 5 potions for him , How do I go about making sure the event knows I have 5 potions to give the NPC.

4) do you guys recommend any extra software for Rpg maker 2003 that you use ?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
1) Activate a switch at the end of the event. Make a new event-page, and set up one of the conditions of that event-page to be the switch from the last page being active.

3) You can set a variable to be equal to how many of a specific item the party holds. You would then do a conditional branch, and check to see if that variable is (in your example) 5 or higher.
4. MS Paint for graphics editing. :)
author=Milennin
4. MS Paint for graphics editing. :)

Sorry I meant the rpgmaker2003 software on this site they all add new elements to the engine but I'm afraid if I install them it might screw my games up.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
2) I don't know about any ICON software. I make my own icons. In order to get icons to work, you have to save them under the correct file name. I just create a backup of the original icon file and add my icons to the file I'm using. As long as you don't change the file name, you're fine.

3) Check our RPG Tsukuru 2003 tutorials for some excellent information on how to do all kinds of neat stuff. I'm particularly fond of the ABS tutorials and the trigonometry tutorial.

4) If you have the bootleg copy of RM2K3, marked on this site as RPG Tsukuru 2003 and referred to as RT2K3, then you want Cherry Tree's dynRPG patch. If you have the legal RPG Maker 2003 from Steam, then you want Luna Engine. RPG Maker 2003 and RPG Tsukuru 2003 are indistinguishable to the naked eye, but it's said that dyn_RPG sometimes works with the legal version, but has a tendency to cock up, so don't risk using it until we get a clear statement from Cherry Tree saying it's fixed and working. Right now, it's only for RT2K3.
Are projects made with RT2K3 compatible with Steams RPG maker 2003 ?
Yes, but the name for the RTP files are different, so you need to go through and double-check any RTP images/music/sound you used in-game.
I also need to know about using the messages for making characters talk , I want to be able to make it so the Writing scrolls slower and also so the player can't skip the speech too fast by mashing the the enter key , how do I lock it ?
Highly recommend you don't. It's never well-received, mainly because people read at different speeds and forcing fast readers to wait isn't great.

That said, you can add small waits in easily enough - \. or \| will add a small wait.
\! will make it so that the player has to press enter to move the text forward.
It's basically the same in every RM engine.
It's more for an intro cut-scene effect really, I don't want to use it when it comes to actual Player to NPC Conversations if you get what I mean.
It's still highly recommended you avoid forced text-speed, especially for cut-scenes where, presumably, that's where the bulk of your dialogue will be.
author=pianotm
If you have the legal RPG Maker 2003 from Steam, then you want Luna Engine.

Wait, I thought Luna Engine was only for VX. -.-a Are there previous versions of it for the older RMs?
Pages: 1