RESCUING OLD GAMES

Pages: 1
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Quick question. Very recently both Kylaila and I found a couple of games that had broken download links and after sourcing them elsewhere upped them to offsite file lockers and added a link in comments on the game-page for anyone who wanted to give them a go. I was just wondering is there a way those games can be upped to the RMN servers instead? Not for space, Ky's using dropbox, I'm using Mediafire and there is a lot of room available. More for the fact that the grey download button is there and it connects to a broken link. If people don't scroll down and read the comments they will miss out on playing the game (though I can't recommend that for the one I rescued, it's not a good game).

SegNin seemed to use the comments on a regular basis back in the day to provide resurrected links, so I'm not sure if it's possible to do this, or if the admins even want to as the game-pages are the domain of the devs, but given these are game pages, but not games, that have been abandoned I thought there might be a way.

PM them to the Aremen account. I'll see to it his locker is put to good use. ^.^)b

Then we can figure a way to put them on the game pages so that people can find them. Mind, if they were removed because the creators no longer want them up, that's a different thing altogether, but for ones that disappeared over time, this should do.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Great, thanks, and yes I'd only try and find a game that had a broken link due to loss of the hosting site, not if the dev has decided it's not something they want around anymore for whatever reason. That's their prerogative.

I'll drop a line to the Lord and hope he's not in a smiting mood xD.
So I see this, thanks nhubi.

As well as the great lord of all, of course.
Aremen.
Pages: 1