FF12 REMAKE. IT'S A... THING?

Pages: first prev 12 last
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
wat

but
why
author=LouisCyphre
Actually, the original main character was Basch. They were worried no one would by the game if the main character was too gruff and "Western" masculine.

Ah...ha hahahahahahah! Seriously? Hello every AAA game ever made! Dear God.

I just never liked Tidu2 much, I'm afraid, so my bias towards Penelo is showing a tad. I didn't buy his whole 'hurr durr dreams ain't that great' dealeo. Mainly because he fucking got his dream and enjoyed it, so there was no basis for him to speak as 'the voice of wisdom' in that situation.

(I never liked Ashe that much either. Her actions showed her to be pretty fucking stupid and I'm not a fan of stupid. :/ ) The game would have probably been a lot better with Basch as main character, thinking about it.

Or as the Guild Simulator that just happens to save the world by helping out here and there. Because the best thing about the game were the hunts. (And the battle system).
BizarreMonkey
Oh man i hated Tidus as well... AH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HA HA HA HAAA

Also he's a whiny bitch, though at least he wasn't as bad as Hope.

Auron though? SO MUCH YESSSS!

The VA for him could also be a bit less restrained since Aurons mouth was veiled in several scenes. Which meant he was lip-locked for at most 10% of the game.

I didn't play XII, I was too busy wasting my life away on dumb games for girls to consider it.

I guess it just seems... TOO SOON. Even though it was released at least 8 years ago.
Basch was awesome in every way. But .. meh. Well, let them make it, I won't buy it.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Maybe if they remake this it will be good this time.
My wallet is ready. One of the most amazing video game art directions ever, showing Yoshida at his finest. :)
What FF12 needs is a Lighting Returns
BizarreMonkey
author=GreatRedSpirit
What FF12 needs is a Lighting Returns
This spirit think he funneh

Little do we know he actually sorta is!

Well played Red. I'm gonna sleep now, gn nerds.
author=Solitayre
Maybe if they remake this it will be good this time.

Unfortunately, it's only a remaster. Not a remake.
As far as I heard, the maker hated Vaan's guts and tried to make him suffer at any given opportunity.
I love FFXII and I liked Vaan and Penelo, but really as a part of the plot they really were entirely redundant, like a pair that tagged along for the ride.

I came to notice the similarities between Tidus and Vaan in that both of them are not the main character. In FFX, the true 'main character' would really be Yuna, the one who had a destiny to save the world. Tidus happened to one of the 'sidekicks'. But eventually enough was revealed that tied Tidus into the plot of FFX to become crucial.

Vaan just looks like Rasler a little. If Reks was the main character, it would've made more sense.

But anyway, everyone knows the true leading man is Balthier.
#bestFFcharacterevar
FF12 is probably the one I've played least out of them all (including 11, bizarrely), so I definitely wouldn't mind a decent port to give me an excuse to try it in earnest. I remember it being very pretty for a PS2 game, and it has a great aesthetic that a well-done remaster could really work with.
author=Nivlacart
But anyway, everyone knows the true leading man is Balthier.
#bestFFcharacterevar

I can't help but agree here. Balthier and Fran were simply amazing, and really the only two reasons that kept me interested in the game.

I felt that all of the other characters were a bit..... flat, and it makes me hesitant to try newer installments of the series.

Off-topic(!) - Kind of the same syndrome for Blue Dragon, unfortunately. Mistwalker caught a bit of Square Enix disease with that one.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
There's definitely a reason Fran and Balthier came to FFRK first and why Balthier was the leading man for the event. We'll get Ashe eventually and I will be really hoping she gets Northswain's Glow but... she ain't Balthier.

I didn't mind Vaan or Penelo. Vaan was great in Dissidia Duodecim, my favorite actually. I mean he was ten levels under Balthier by the end of the game but I had built him to be a thief and I find FF thieves to be boring as heck so w/e. I eventually gave him some solo monster chain XP grinding time killing Yensa so it all evened out.
BizarreMonkey
FF12 isn't bad if you know how to make it actually customizable, which is an option, unlike in FF13 where it's all hands-holding look at the purty graphics drive in.

That said, I'm talking entirely out my ass as I haven't played either of them. I'm just going from what I've heard.
Pages: first prev 12 last