RPG MAKER MV ANNOUNCED FOR PC AND MAC

I'll be sticking with Ace too, it seems like I'll mostly be getting decent export features and that's about it. MV is looking like a better maker to start with for newbies though.
So, does anyone know if I need to buy the engine twice to work on my game on Windows and then move it to my Mac for iOS export?
Neat, the character creator looks a lot better now. The Ace character creator assets varied from looking bad to repulsive and I'm glad they worked on that. Plus there's no more awful front angle for facesets which is probably half the problem. It's also neat that the engine itself controls equipment slots too, I hope it's something extensible via traits or so.

I did notice the first script I'm going to add to any MV game I make: An "Exit Game" option at least on the title screen if running on a desktop environment. Which makes me wonder if there's an automatic flag or identifier in the script backend to identify the environment the game is running on. I wouldn't want any sort of preloader script running on anything except HTML5 for example and not having to go through export game as X, change scripts, export game as Y, would be nice.
No need, anky. It should work just fine from the one purchase. I think. Or assume, at any rate. I know people have had it working on their Mac already (the guy in that video has his working on Mac straight off).

I gather that if you get the steam version, it'd work like any software from steam that can run on Mac.

SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

The Steam version won't be tied to your computer, but to your Steam account. So if Steam works on Mac... (I don't know if it does.)
author=kory_toombs
The Steam version won't be tied to your computer, but to your Steam account. So if Steam works on Mac... (I don't know if it does.)
It does! I played Dota2 on my friend's mac book once.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Darken
I'll be sticking with Ace too, it seems like I'll mostly be getting decent export features and that's about it. MV is looking like a better maker to start with for newbies though.
Personally the larger sprite size is enough for me.

That most of my coders are eager users of Javascript, that i need better optimization in the engine and that it's got mouse support are also huge though.
The fact that MV uses open GL and runs on the GPU AND CPU is enough for me.
It means the software will run smoothly, the game will run smoothly.. and from what i have seen, it does.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Yeah, Yanfly's video is impressive with no slowdown. I'd grab it to show y'all but I'm at work...
BizarreMonkey
author=Craze
Yeah, Yanfly's video is impressive with no slowdown. I'd grab it to show y'all but I'm at work...
Gotcha covered.
Oh hell yes. I've always personally detested that little event slowdown issue, since it doesn't really go away even with certain anti-lag scripts. Good to see they've finally patched it up.
So here's some videos that show how the plug-in manager works~ As well as some of the plug-ins already added (they'll be showing off a few every few days, all the better to keep up the hype~)

Here's the Playlist with the three other videos. They're worth watching to see the plug-ins and how to install them (it's pretty damn easy guys!)
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=BizarreMonkey
author=Darken
Personally the larger sprite size is enough for me.

iirc RMVX Ace has no limitations on sprite size, only tile size, just like VX and XP did before it. Frankly, I wish we could have better control over the tile grid itself, so we could make 16x16 tile games a bit easier.

Anyway, after discovering a check I forgot to cash in and receiving some payment from my job, I decided to jump on the pre-order bandwagon. Despite the oversights I'm seeing right now, I think this'll be a fine game making engine!
BizarreMonkey
author=zacheatscrackers
Oh hell yes. I've always personally detested that little event slowdown issue, since it doesn't really go away even with certain anti-lag scripts. Good to see they've finally patched it up.
You're telling me!

I'm the guy who events this kinda crazy shit.

I can't be having dat lag now. It was frankly ridiculous, RPGmaker has chugging issues while a high end game like Skyrim and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance have no lag on my system.

@Pizza: Yeah, I know. Doesn't work in a collision based game though. D:
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

rm2k darklord returns!!!!
BizarreMonkey
author=Craze
rm2k darklord returns!!!!
dat rape face tho D:
Well Javascript Support is what gets me right there. As a Webdeveloper who uses Coffeescript / NodeJS all day this is like Birthday! Looking forward to develope a few modules for RMMV!
I should just get this eventually. Even if it does break my bank account ( I bought a new laptop less than a month ago ) ><.

Who knows. Maybe I'll even go commercial this time 'round. After Tristian is completed, that is.

What to do, what to do...

Edit: No, not going to get caught up in the hype. I won't allow RMWebs to tempt me.
BizarreMonkey
author=Luchino
Edit: No, not going to get caught up in the hype. I won't allow RMWebs to tempt me.
YOU CANNOT FLEE, THIS IS THA FUTURE!

Hell, I'm under file by RMwebs as a self-centered conspiracy-leading anarchist of some infamous terrorist organization and they've even tempted me.

But really, they're just a messenger, eb! is the one who made it, they're simply the additional dlc/translation team.

So if you fear letting RMwebs get to you, feel free to get hyped on rpgmakermv.co instead.
Well guess im learning Java in CodeAcademy now xD

Im very hype for this, I had a game I have been working on for months, im considering exporting it to MV now and finishing it there.