RPG MAKER MV ANNOUNCED FOR PC AND MAC

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/rpg-maker-mv-announced-pc-mac

Features of note include support for smart devices, mouse and touch controls and a side view battle system.

finally!
side view battle system and multi-device support.
mapping?I hope it is like on XP.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Sated
Those promotional screenshots...

If they want to hire a mapper to make nice RTP screenshots for them, I'm available!

Dude...

Flip a coin.

Wait, are they seriously still using the same shitty VX RTP+autotiles everywhere? Why the fuck would they?

The latest iteration of the tool promises to be a major evolution. Key points outlined in the magazine include:

Multi-device support:
Great, now I can play novice RPG Maker games on my smart phone.
Side-view battles added:
RM2k3
Support for both touch controls and mouse controls:
No seriously, everything is grid-based so arrow keys will do just fine.
Big increase on the limit of database items:
Because God knows 5,000 entries wasn't enough.
Maps are automatically three-layered:
Which is to say that they're still using VX's formula of throwing everything onto a single layer in the most shittastic way imaginable.
Games run in high resolution:
Okey!

a major evolution

Bullshit!
unity
You're magical to me.
I wish there was a bigger picture of that article so we could see the screenshots more clearly. I guess there's also no telling A)when it'll be released in Japan and B) when we'll see a port. Still, a very exciting development!
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Been looking forward to doing a proper tactics-style game in RM at some point. I think this just might sway me! Depends on the platform publication options, really.
That is a rather pretty RTP right thar.

Once this is announced more, I can actually give Kentona icons to add it to rmn hue hue hue
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Where'd they come up with "MV"? I mean, if it was "MS", we can pretend it stood for Makerscore.

Either way, I'm fairly excited for this.
author=Marrend
Where'd they come up with "MV"?

I'll tell the story once it's out. I have a solid idea why it was named as MV but 50-50% about if that's the only real reason lol
My reaction: "What is this, a promotional poster for ants?!?!?!"

Really though, I think I'll prefer a VXA-v2.0-of-sorts over a totally new maker. And it seems much more reasonable too.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=Marrend
Where'd they come up with "MV"?
I'll tell the story once it's out. I have a solid idea why it was named as MV but 50-50% about if that's the only real reason lol

Does it have something to do with Mobile Ace?

Well, either way, like I said on the other site. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN YA'LL!
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Once this is announced more, I can actually give Kentona icons to add it to rmn hue hue hue

Hehehe. Must be nice to be in the know :3

I'm guessing it's too early for any info about a possible release date.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Okay, those bullet features look great. I'm already hyped for those alone. Though I'm raising an eyebrow at the lack of even a release year, since it feels like it's too early in development to make any kind of commitments. Unless I'm wrong and they're just feeding out little bits of info at a time. In which case I'll shut up and go to the corner.

"Side View Battle added." So we'll have the option to choose between front view and side view? That's awesome.

I assume they'll include scripting as well. Will it be edited again like the different version of RGSS for the different makers? In other words, will it be RGSS4? Or will it be an entirely new language? Hm...

Aside from those bulleted features, the only thing I can really think of that I want to see right now is bringing other, less known settings to the forefront so you don't have to go hunting through the script files (Battle member limits, keeping EXP upon class changing, etc.)

So yeah, while I wish there was a little more info to digest and analyze, I'm already super hyped for this.
author=unity
author=Archeia_Nessiah

It is... :3

*gets shot*

For information though, the sites also stated that August 6 is the public announcement.
Ronove
More like Misao Stealing Prince
author=Archeia_Nessiah
It is... :3

*gets shot*

For information though, the sites also stated that August 6 is the public announcement.

All that teasing so cruel!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Archeia_Nessiah

That's good to know, and alleviates a lot of fears I had!
author=unity
author=Archeia_Nessiah

*ahem* foreshadowing