RPG MAKER MV ANNOUNCED FOR PC AND MAC

author=Ilan14
OH.MY. GOD!!! XD

Alright, Enterbrain/Degica, you better don't screw this up and launch this on the west, eh! :P
Look like Degica already knew it from day 1 but only waited for the Magazine announcement. (why does every Japanese software announcement only comes in magazine)

author=Touchfuzzy
... So yeah, I wasn't aware Japan was announcing this today. I don't have the heavy info on this one, and we will be waiting for the Famitsu magazine release to do any big reveals on it. I will say that translation has already been being worked on, so it will definitely not be a 10 year delay :P.
Source: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/43220-rpg-maker-mv/?p=426410
I was thinking that they might be doing a world wide release. Based on the evidence given.

@MARREND and I am aware that someone have already pointed out there a new RPG maker before in the 2003 release topic. I was just reminding pointed out this is the Mystery RPG maker that is in the trailer.
"High resolution"?

I wonder how high...
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I'm pretty sure I pointed out that video time line when RPG Maker 2003 was released and I made a prediction date for release too.

Here it is:

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/17752/?post=633052#post633052

I have the MV image here scaled up a bit.
Looks like VX graphics to me.

The RTP actually looks slightly different to account for the high resolution. Then again the magazine screencap is a shit resolution so its hard to make heads or tails, but the roof is a different shade of red and the trees seem to have more contrasted detail.
author=Darken
The RTP actually looks slightly different to account for the high resolution. Then again the magazine screencap is a shit resolution so its hard to make heads or tails, but the roof is a different shade of red and the trees seem to have more contrasted detail.
Well you can notice the difference in the tree itself. I mean it have white section on top of it which kinda nice that it show where the sunlight is.Which is kinda neat since the shadowing that was put when you make a map by default will always be on the right side.
i wonder if someone can actually scan it on a decent resolution and translate it? It's likely a nay since we're rather dry on japanese users but
author=JosephSeraph
i wonder if someone can actually scan it on a decent resolution and translate it? It's likely a nay since we're rather dry on japanese users but

Well someone can get it from the Japanese community anyways. Just google image it up and you get scan picture of the magazine anyways. I see a lot of people do this.
White highlights are never a good thing. :/

That said, you can also see the walls of the house are quite different, too. And the path is either quite different or they used the sand instead of the dirt tiles.

I don't think the magazine has been released yet - from what I've heard it wasn't supposed to be released til tomorrow - so we'll probably have to wait a day or two for a decent scan.
A few interesting things to note in the screenshots after closer inspection.

1. In the bottom left we can see what appears to be the built in sideview battles with what appears to be (taking these names from Division Heaven's list of the rtp characters) Ralph, Cid, Ulrika or Galahad, and Elicia in the two of them.

2. In the same section we can see an example of the front-view system that we are all familiar with, but the battlers in there appear to be new ones that we haven't seen in the RTP before. This could indicate more additions to the rtp.

3. Above that screenshot we get our fist look at the new database, which looks fairly similar to Ace's, but we can clearly get a look of some kind of new grey area on the left side. This appears to be the new tabs section since the one from Ace is seemingly missing from the screenshot. There also appears to be new areas to to this tab, which appears to be the System tab from Ace.

4. In the top right we can see the example of a game on an iphone, or similar mobile device. The one thing that stands out here, besides the aforementioned mobile device, is that the face in the text box of the game appears to be some kind new generated face set, or simply a new example of the MV RTP drawing style.

There are a few showings of the mapping, but for the most part it doesn't seem like they gives us anything especially interesting.
author=LorSquirrel
A few interesting things to note in the screenshots after closer inspection.

1. In the bottom left we can see what appears to be the built in sideview battles with what appears to be (taking these names from Division Heaven's list of the rtp characters) Ralph, Cid, Ulrika or Galahad, and Elicia in the two of them.

2. In the same section we can see an example of the front-view system that we are all familiar with, but the battlers in there appear to be new ones that we haven't seen in the RTP before. This could indicate more additions to the rtp.

3. Above that screenshot we get our fist look at the new database, which looks fairly similar to Ace's, but we can clearly get a look of some kind of new grey area on the left side. This appears to be the new tabs section since the one from Ace is seemingly missing from the screenshot. There also appears to be new areas to to this tab, which appears to be the System tab from Ace.

4. In the top right we can see the example of a game on an iphone, or similar mobile device. The one thing that stands out here, besides the aforementioned mobile device, is that the face in the text box of the game appears to be some kind new generated face set, or simply a new example of the MV RTP drawing style.

There are a few showings of the mapping, but for the most part it doesn't seem like they gives us anything especially interesting.

Yup I notice it too it kinda relate to the characters on the right side of the magazine. The art style is kinda different now. Maybe they are the new RTP character.
I normally don't put much hope in the characters that are show in the logo of the engine. There isn't a great track record of them actually showing up in the engine itself. But, yeah. They do look similar now that you mention it...
i hope we see a lite version so we get to make an rmmv lite cook off lol

edit:
I'm gonna make the first rmmv game.
This is the title screen:
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Liberty
White highlights are never a good thing. :/

That's the first thing that came to mind when he brought up the light hitting the tops of the trees. What if it's nighttime?

Dev Answer: "Uh... uh... *shakes nervously*... fireflies! That's it, it's fireflies!"
I figured the "MV" was going to stand for mobile version. Either way, I can't wait to find out more information on this one!
Maybe it's Multi-Version....
and Yanfly is probably going to make a truckload of scripts again.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

What I would like to see:

Option to auto fix parallax images for parallax mapping.

Some event to event coordination that eliminates the need for variables to track the X and Y of separate events.

Better RTP graphics.

RGSS3 backwards compatibility.

I think you can expect a price drop for VX and VX Ace.
This will likely enter on the $70 range.

You only buy them at that price if you ignore Steam Sales, my friend. (Or don't have M+ on the main site which cuts the costs a little.)
author=Potato_Coach
Maybe it's Multi-Version....
and Yanfly is probably going to make a truckload of scripts again.

You're probably in luck.
I like Yanfly's "I'm going to get my script on." face. It gives me hope.
I'm just glad they finally got around to making it port friendly. Seems like they really dragged their feet on that one, leading them to be one of the last big makers to adopt multiple platforms support.