RPG MAKER MV ANNOUNCED FOR PC AND MAC

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Lol, it's fine. I've seen plenty of people make the same assumption.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
GRS i open multiple instances of Ace on Steam all the time, what world do you live in ???? just open them from the game.rvproj file
Neat, didn't know that'd get around the steam lockout. I'll have to remember that if when I get MV, thanks!
Wow...I was in the middle of making a game and now this comes out soon...and to top it all I have no money D: I wasn't ready!!
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
I was planing on waiting for the inevitable humble bundle sale to get this since I'm low on cash right now but...I don't want to miss out on those plugins, the graphics converter and the luna engine.
author=Ebeth
I was planing on waiting for the inevitable humble bundle sale to get this since I'm low on cash right now but...I don't want to miss out on those plugins, the graphics converter and the luna engine.

The plugins (Yanfly's, at the very least) will be available from his site after release; it's just the convenience of having them already preloaded. I can't speak for if Yami's and others will have the same conditionals or not.

I haven't heard if the Ace2MV converter is slated to be available outside the preorder deal or not, and the Luna Engine for MV that's included is a demo version.
The Ace2MV converter will be available for free after the release.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
author=Gleason
The plugins (Yanfly's, at the very least) will be available from his site after release; it's just the convenience of having them already preloaded. I can't speak for if Yami's and others will have the same conditionals or not.

I haven't heard if the Ace2MV converter is slated to be available outside the preorder deal or not, and the Luna Engine for MV that's included is a demo version.

author=kaine87
The Ace2MV converter will be available for free after the release.

Thanks for the extra info! I think I will wait for a sale in that case.
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
So, if the games can be deployed to HTML5 and it actually uses JavaScript... does this means games can interact with "regular" JavaScript? (Scripts that are on the page, not the game itself)

With this, the versatility would be impressive! You could develop games with online features and such.
if games can be converted from vx ace to mv i will certainly move from vx ace to mv. its release is october 23.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

So people who pre-order are getting 2 copies of MV? A steam version and non-steam version. Does that mean that they could just keep the non steam version and give away their steam key? If so I'm so going to suck up.

If there is any language like that I'd assume it's one or the other. Other games I got through kickstarter or so offered that you could get your game via GOG or Steam but not both. I really doubt Enterbrain/Degica would allow buying two for one like that.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Majority of smaller games and RPG Makers from Humble Bundle offers both Steam and DRM free copy.
It's already been said that the preorder nets you a non-steam version and a steam version, so...

Or at least a key that works for both. I preordered and got a key. I assume it works for both a non-steam version and steam version.
SunflowerGames
You should get 2 keys right?
One to unlock MV not connected to Steam
And one to get it from Steam

(Steam uses different key codes)

I assumed you have to wait to get the Steam one though.
(Once you enter the key on steam do you still need to use the activation code
on MV, I don't know how this would work since I don't have Ace on steam.)

Wish I had a credit card otherwise I would get it myself, but it's hard for foreigners to apply for that in the ROC.
Guess you can't just send cash to them?

I just used PayPal. To open one you just need a bank card. ^.^
SunflowerGames

Wow, I didn't know that was an option. My Canadian credit Card Expired so PayPal was useless to my knowledge.
(Luckily I still have a Canadian Bank Account, would have been impossible with ROC bank account.)

Tx Libby.
I actually re-read my pre-order information and it says that the key given will activate both non-steam and steam versions of the game, so it's one key for both. Confirmed.

They send you a download link to the non-steam version but the key is used for both. That means you only get the one key but it'll allow you to unlock both versions (not either/or). This also means that you can't get pre-order and give one key away, since it's the same key you need for both versions. Seems they thought of that.
I have been looking into this and I was really excited at first but for me I don't think I will upgrade since most of the new features that I would use have already been implemented into ACE with some fairly simple to use scripts unless there is something major I am missing it does not really seem worth it. Please tell me if I am wrong.
Well, you get a character generator that creates not only faces but downed sprites, side-view battle sprites/animations and the normal sprite, but also allows for decent-looking characters to be generated and their different parts to be changed quite a bit via recolours.

You also get access to about 40 scripts right off the bat (and a set of the cover characters and another special set) with the pre-order.

This video has a dated version of the program (meaning some things weren't implemented at the time) but it does show off some of the features well enough.

It also has touch-screen/mouse integration off the bat, and while it's simple, it works a charm.

It also comes with a pretty good variety in the RTP - not only just Fantasy based, but also Modern and Sci-Fi, which is cool.

As a tester I can say it's a pretty good engine and worth the price. It, like most RM programs, has small niggly things that are annoying, but overall it's pretty great and I'd recommend it.