THE RMN SKILL EXCHANGE

Pages: first prev 12345 last
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I'm currently in the market to trade scripts/plugins for pixel art or mapping help if anyone's interested.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
What kind/amount of pixel art would you be looking for?
Trihan
Well I eventually want completely original art in my game but I'm aware that I'm not going to get it all at once. Rather than asking for a specific amount I'd probably just ask for as much as the artist can get done in the time it takes me to write the script they're asking for in exchange.

My main priority is tilesets right now; I can use the RTP for pretty much everything else but there just aren't enough default tiles to make a game as big as this one will be.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
It would be also useful if you told us which engine you are using, sice the difficulty in making graphics jumps exponentially the more recent the maker is.

I mean if you told me you were using 2k3, or 2k3-style pixerl art on Ace i'd consider helping you with a few sprites since i'm confident i can put out many tiles a day, but you wouldn't believe the amount of time it takes me to do just 5 Ace quality tiles. If you said you were using MV i wouldn't be able to help at all, since MV (and actually vx & ace on it's rtp chipsets) no longer use pixel art for their tiles, they're hq illustrations scaled down really. Do we have someone on rmn that has completed an mv tileset? If so i'd like to commend them because holy shit.

Anyway, what i can offer are 2k3-style tiles, character sprites (up to Ace, i also use the Mack base if requested) and custom character animations (custom poses - singing, posing, etc). I also do music. I know you don't need it but just in case somebody else does.
Trihan
I'm using RPG Maker MV at the moment.

Custom character animations would definitely be handy.
Offer: Testing a segment of your game.
Need: Help/discussion about my game's story. (Very early stage)
reggird, I'll be happy to help you with your game story.

I'm experimenting game play mechanics for Wizard apprentice Lya and would like your feedback on it. The current download is a tech demo made of a single map to test the gameplay.
author=Irog
reggird, I'll be happy to help you with your game story.

I'm experimenting game play mechanics for Wizard apprentice Lya and would like your feedback on it. The current download is a tech demo made of a single map to test the gameplay.

Deal! I'll download it right away :)
Thanks!
Let me know when your need my help on your story.
I can help with story/characters background/dialogues!

I'm in search of a kind and merciful soul to help me with maps!
Haven't got a project at hand, just now but willing to provide writing support be it in terms of character backgrounds, in-game books, general lore.

I don't have any fiction pieces up but my general writing can be found on: https://medium.com/@scionofbytes
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Nobody wants you to be the idea guy for their game. Come on, get serious.
Offering:
  • Illustration: for splash screens, static battlers, backdrops
  • Music editing: I can turn most pieces of music into a seamless loop.
  • Proof reading: of dialogue or anything else (English teacher since 2001)
  • Japanese translation: I'm near native-level fluent.
  • Play-testing: for a straight, fair exchange

Seeking:
  • Play-testing: 'cause I need feedback to be able to keep making improvements to my game 'Future Ghost'.

If you can help out with just a little play-testing, I can help out with just a little of something from the above list. If you can commit to play-testing for me long-term, I'll do more of whatever it is you'd like me to help you with. I can also animate, but pixel art isn't really my forte.

Thanks for reading.
I could be a writer, if anybody needs it.
I can do any music, voice-over, sound effect stuff needed for any game. I have a fully functioning recording studio and tons of VSTS...If you need examples of my work, give me a concept and I'll stream it for ya :P Start to finish...I need mappers, eventers etc.
Offering:
  • Proofreading/Editing English text. I'm a native-level English speaker.

• Play-testing. I've done a lot for Eredia: The Diary of Heroes, among other games.

• Creating simple scripts for RMMV using Javascript, or Unity 2017 and later using C#. I've several years of experience in programming, much of it archived on my Github.

Seeking:
  • Half-body character portraits drawn in an anime style. I'd like some custom graphical assets for future projects.

Please PM me to negotiate any exchanges :)
Pages: first prev 12345 last