[RM2K3] [RM2K] OPEN SOURCE TOOLS: LMU2PNG, XYZ2PNG, LCF2XML

Pages: 1
LMU2PNG: tool to render a MapXXXX.lmu into a PNG file, including lower, upper and event-as-tile layers (exclusive feature!).

Syntax: lmu2png MapXXXX.lmu chipsetfile.png output.png. Known bug: the PNG ChipSet file must have PNG transparency, it is not reading the transparent index 0 as RPG Maker does yet. Another bug: tile transition between deep ocean and sea water is currently missing.

Rendered map example
Download for Windows

XYZ2PNG: command line tool to mass convert XYZ files into PNG.

The app supports wildcards (xyz2png *.png) and multiple drag and drop selection to the executable icon (except folders yet). Useful to do fast game self-spoilers and other. Missing: PNG2XYZ reverse conversion is not done yet.

Download for Windows

LCF2XML: tool to convert MapXXXX.lmu, RPG_RT.ldb, RPG_RT.lmt and SaveXX.lsd into a more human readable format (XML) and vice-versa.

Useful for game data analysis, savegame cheating and such.

Download for Windows

Tools source code
I'd recommend adding these to the plug-in section of the site (hover over Submissions in the top bar and pick Submit Addon/Plug-in). You can then upload them to the site itself so they won't go missing if an outside site goes down, and you can add more details, images, etc there.
Thanks, as the forum suggests about it, some of the these apps need some polishing. LCF2XML is already submitted, other will be added too once stabilized.
Sounds like excellent tools!
The only problem is, I downloaded both of these, and neither of them ran. :/
I'm not sure if there's a special way to go about executing these or not, if so, I'm unable to figure it out.
author=Giznads
I downloaded both of these, and neither of them ran. :/
I'm not sure if there's a special way to go about executing these or not, if so, I'm unable to figure it out.

They are command line tools, you need to run them from a "cmd.exe" window. If you simply run them from the application icon they won't do nothing.
The xyz2png should work by dropping xyz files onto the executable icon directly. It won't show any output, just new png files.

I would like to create a graphic user interface for them, to make them easier to use for end users.
Woah, this is great! For years, the only tool that could do this was part of Cherrys Hyper Patcher 2, and it lacked proper support for autotiles and didn't even have things like showing events.
Very nice work, making screenshots of big maps was always such a hassle.
Yeah, lmu2png is really useful, Zegeri improved it from a previous tool called lmu2bmp made by multiple authors and it was not supporting the event layer.

I'm going to fix some bugs and add a png2xyz tool. Later I'll submit them to the tools page in RMN.
Pages: 1