OWLY PIXELS

Pages: 1
Recently I've been training my pixel-fu, specifically I've been trying to limit my color usage, which before this I hadn't really cared about at all. It's a somewhat new thing for me, but I've found that it's actually a lot of fun to limit yourself. Here's some of the stuff I've made during this training on a mountaintop.
First, my new avatar (18 colors):

A fishy thing (11 colors):

And a tentacle monster, every japanese schoolgirls nightmare (10 colors):

I'll add more as I make them.
I like the level of detail you've applied to your work, SnowOwl. =) And I do agree that limiting yourself is actually the best way to make the most of your creativity.
The feathers/fur on the owl was quite time-consuming, so I'm glad it shows some results. ^^
It's fun to do it this way, but it took me 1/10th of the time to do it like I was used to. I guess I'll get faster with time.
Ooh, I definitely like the fishy thing! The owl creeps me out a bit although that was probably the intended effect. Either way, they're both nice - the detail is definitely the best part of the pixelies~
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I don't know if it's my monitor, but i would have definitely liked a bit more contrast for the fish. I can't distinguish the details very well.

Those feathers on the owl must have taken so much time and effort. Props for that.
author=Mirak
I don't know if it's my monitor, but i would have definitely liked a bit more contrast for the fish. I can't distinguish the details very well.

Now that you say it, I completely agree. I edited it a bit:
New

Old
That's a lot better, SnowOwl. =) Though I wouldn't mind a bit of colour variance either, like some blue or even purple. Just to make it seem, I dunno, otherworldly or so. ^^
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
That's a much better fish!

I like the bird animation. The legs get a bit wonky right when it snaps the beak shut. Like, they do a two pixel jump.

The Lizrog.

This is my guess as to how the oldest planet discovered looks. The planet has been nicknamed "Metuselah". It is 13 billion years old, only 0.7 billion years younger than the universe.
Some creatures based on prehistoric animals:

Pages: 1