PUZZLE THREAD

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Ever wanted to flex your brain, or flex someone elses? Here's a free coupon for The Puz I mean, here's the Puzzle thread, where people post their puzzles for others to solve. So, to keep this orderly, there can only be one puzzle being solved at a time, as it would get a little confusing if people were trying to solve many different ones at on time. Here's the first puzzle.

OTTF_
SSENT

With this puzzle all you have to do is figure out what letter is in the blank.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
No. That is quite incorrect. Also, that was kinda mean. But still, incorrect is incorrect.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
That is a possible answer, but sadly, not the truly correct one.

If you are stumped I can give you a hint. That probably won't help, but still.
OTTFF
SSENT

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten

I remember something very similar to this from middle school. Although wow, I actually thing Sated's solutions is much more clever. Or at least it would be if the first character was U.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
And FlyingJester is correct! I'm going to re-explain the answer because why not.

Each letter corresponds to the first letter in a number's word form. That's about it.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
The next puzzle is here!

A rabbit wants to get somewhere 100 feet away, though his odd way of hopping may get in the way.
You see, he hops 7 feet (He must be very strong to jump this far), to move, but then hops 3 feet the way his tail is facing, and both the seven feet hop and the 3 feet hop count as one hop. With this problem, how many hops does it take to get to his destination?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Sated has answered correctly! And they explained nicely as well. Here's another one.

A petri dish holds a group of bacteria. This was made by a single cell at noon. Once a minute, a bacteria divides into two. At 12:43, the petri dish is half full. What time will it be completely full?
12:44

E:
A tree growing in your yard is thirteen and a half feet tall. You nail a birdhouse five and half feet off the ground. The tree grows one and three-quarters feet per year. In seven and a half years, how far off the ground is the birdhouse?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
kentona is correct! Man, I'm running out of puzzles! You guys can issue your own, you know. Here's another one.

Rain, rain, the wind does blow. Stars are shining to and fro. Marie Richardson says she'll die, if she doesn't find the man with the roguish eye.

It's a simple riddle, all you have to do is figure out who or what the man with the roguish eye is. As well as who or what Marie Richardson is.
@kentona: The birdhouse should still be 5 and a half feet off the ground, given that trees usually keep growing their tops?

@oddRABBIT: I feel like this is some sort of reference, as if this Marie Richardson person is adrift on the sea and the man wit the roguish eye is either the North Star, or a constellation to sail to safety by.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
oddRabbit Marie Richardson is a ship caught in a storm (rain & wind and the lights on the rigging swinging to and fro, as well as the ship lifting in the swells making the actual stars appear to move) the man with the roguish eye is a lighthouse (since the 'eye' of a lighthouse roves over all the harbour in a roguish manner), if the ship doesn't find the lighthouse she'll run aground, and therefore 'die'.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
nhubi is correct! The answer was, well, described in the post above me!
My turn for a riddle!

Three missionaries and three cannibals attempt to cross a river. The boat they have can only fit two at a time. If, at any point, there's more cannibals on one side of the river than missionaries, the cannibals will eat the missionaries. How do all get across?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I could be wrong, but, can't you send over one missionary and one cannibal per trip? I dunno, I feel like I'm missing something, here, as I sense this is a reference to the wolf-chicken-corn scenario.
You also need to bring back the boat to the other side.

Assuming you send over 1 missionary and 1 cannibal, there's 2 of each on the start and 1 of each at the goal. Someone of them need to bring back the boat to the others. And no, the boat can be used by just one person.