[RMVX ACE] [SCRIPTING] DEMON LEGACY REMAKE NEEDS BATTLE SYSTEM

Pages: 1
I didn't want to have to do something like this, but the rigors of from scratch game making has left me no recourse.

Hello! Some of you might not remember me; but I was an active member of the RPGmaker community for some time. I specialized in often thoughtless rage posts.

When I wasn't yelling at someone who was praised for something I thought was bad; I was making a few well received games. Here they are:

Demon Legacy

Phantom Legacy

After I finished Phantom Legacy, I announced I would be remaking my first complete game, Demon Legacy.

I had a commissioned TFT for concept art, got a bunch of levels done; started learning how to pixel stuff and went at it for awhile. This was all well and good, but I needed a battle system... and that's where things fell to shit.

I love making stuff. I love making and learning pixel art, designing maps/dungeons/puzzles, writing dialog and scenarios, animating things, choreographing scenes but scripting for me is:

So, this topic is just a long winded way to ask for scripting help. Specifically; I just want a battle system made along the lines of Phantom Legacy's battle system, where each character has his own set of commands.

Naturally, I wouldn't ask anyone to do something like this blind; so here's a glimpse into the project:

Here's some concept art. TFT put a lot of hard work and thought into these and I really appreciate it. Sorry for being kind of a dick to you; TFT. I'd like for you to do more once the project is farther along:

Deimos

Deimos : Masked / Unmasked

Orion

Shadar

Here are some screenshots!

(The below tree sprite done by Lena, or Celera)

Here's a quick Ciel did for me on a whim.
He's not actually composing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0FMP-FdboQ&list=FLj8RK8fipWatq_1r5NKmFJQ&index=43

That covers it. I've been overwhelmed by trying to get so much done alone and it would be a great help to just have a battle system made. From there I can put together a kickstarter demo and hire some reliable help to take care of the things I can't do myself.

Any interested parties can reply, or message me. For anyone who'd like to point and laugh, please keep it in the thread.
author=Nightblade
So, this topic is just a long winded way to ask for scripting help. Specifically; I just want a battle system made along the lines of Phantom Legacy's battle system, where each character has his own set of commands.

I'm no scripter, but just wanted to say it would probably help to explain in detail what exactly you want with your battle system rather than simply naming a game title people may or may not have played (I've never even heard of Phantom Legacy). Project looks really cool, though.
author=Milennin
author=Nightblade
I'm no scripter, but just wanted to say it would probably help to explain in detail what exactly you want with your battle system rather than simply naming a game title people may or may not have played (I've never even heard of Phantom Legacy). Project looks really cool, though.

Thank you.

I would go over the details with any interested party, suffice to say it wouldn't be terribly different from your garden variety battle system.
I don't want to be that guy who says this, but have you checked what's available? You're using VX Ace, right?

Based on your mention of Phantom Legacy, I assume you want a sideview battle system with the capability of giving actors different command sets and possibly playstyles with unique sprite animations for skills. Off the top of my head, you could accomplish this with a combination of Kread's animated battlers, YF's battle system and other misc scripts, and Luna Engine to make a unique GUI. Just using those as a base, you come pretty close to what Phantom Legacy was.

Beyond that, you'd probably have an easier time getting any little mechanics you want done.

...But that's just my two cents. Whatever you wind up with in the end, I look forward to it.
Pages: 1