[CLOSED] PIZZA'S COMMISSION THREAD

Pages: first 12 next last
After doing a few successful, albeit "private" commissions, I thought it was high time to make a legit thread and see if I could get anything out of it. I have a lot of free time at the moment, so it felt like a good time to see if anybody wants to hire me.

Who I Am:

I'm a Canadian game designer and artist, originally from Newfoundland but now living in Toronto and attending Game Design College. I'm trying to support myself purely through indie means while living off of the money I saved working for Oil Giants in Alberta. I'm down to work on just about anything.

What I Do:

I do mainly digital art, most of my focus being on pixel art in general and digital character portraits- however, I can also do full digital paintings with painted backdrops. I can also make fantasy style map graphics (shown below). Just about the only thing I'm not really competent with is animation, but I can do it and would welcome the chance to get practice in (because I suck at forcing myself to practise animating).

Pricing:

As I've only recently started doing commission work, but in general I would charge anywhere from 15$ - 70$ CDN depending on the size and complexity of the piece involved. If you're commissioning more than one thing there would obviously be a group pricing/discount thing applied as well- I wouldn't just stack the fees up for longer term work like that.

Basically, a completely filled up tileset, a digital painting with a character and a background, a set of character portraits with emotions, or anything of that time/complexity would be in the upper levels of price, while something like a bare bones tileset or just lineart would be in the lower levels of pricing.

Example Work:

You can find plenty of examples of my work on my Twitter, in my Art Thread, or in the screenshots of my Games. I'll still post some here though:

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/29496/locker/EscapeArtist.png
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/29496/locker/KellProfile.png
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/29496/locker/DocZaiusPoster.png
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/29496/locker/DesertRat.png

Map example:
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/29496/locker/Gaea_Map.png

If you'd like to commission something, please, drop me a line via PM!
unity
You're magical to me.
I'd like to chime in here and give my recommendations. I commissioned Pizza and was 100% satisfied with his work! He's super creative and has an amazing eye for pixel graphics, and the work was done quickly and just how I wanted it! :D
I'd definitely commission you one day for some background parallaxes, Pizza. If only my country's currency wasn't rubbish ( roughly 10 bucks for one Canadian dollar ). ;_;
I'd be interested in commissioning you at some point, depending on how well your style can match with what I have in mind. Do you have any examples of sprite sheets you have done before? I know you said you wanted to work on your animation, but I couldn't find any really good refs in your work for what sort of sprites/animation you've already done.
Unfortunately I don't have any examples of animation, but here are some sprites in varying styles that I've put together before:

And here's an example of mimicking/spriting onto another style, from the Refmap:

I would say that I could manage to replicate/utilize other styles like the RTP packages as well, judging by my experience using Refmap.
I like the sprites, though I have to ask if you have experience with modern-fantasy styles of art with sprites. Also have to ask if you can work from ideas and not an actual reference?

Edit: Sorry if I'm asking a lot of random questions!
Modern Fantasy like how? Like a FF7 type of thing, with modern tech and fantasy tropes?

I could work with it, I'm sure. I also have no problems working with rough ideas.
Basically yes, though I guess full term would be modern supernatural horror. Ie, Magic, vampires, those sorts of things interspersed with bank robberies, plane hijackings, and the like.

I'm basically looking for an art director, as I posted in this thread. Obviously that would be a long term thing. While I do have things I can reference when I'm talking overall look and style, I need someone who can give the game a unified and unique look. Commercial project and all, at least that's the goal, but I'm willing to do a long term commission instead of partnering for shares if that's what it takes to get it done.

How/where is a more convenient way to discuss details, if you are interested that is?
You can PM me if you want to discuss the more intimate details- after reading the thread I think I'd be able to do this based on a few criteria, but it's stuff we should talk about in private.

Thanks for the interest!
Gonna bump the thread a bit with some new info. After how well this map came out, I'm gonna start offering the service of making world map graphics for other people's stuff:

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/29496/locker/Gaea_Map.png
Quick bump with some recent pieces of art:

Some 16x16 tile work, in a cartoonish style and a more down to earth one. Disclaimer: The sprites in the second image were made using a template by JosephSeraph.

Some portrait work- an example of a digital portrait, and it's conversion to pixel art, complete with added emotions.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Your conversion to pixel art was pretty good, although i do have to mention that the variety in expression in the human character is a bit too subtle. Although maybe that's intended.

The cave tileset is very pleasing to look at!
unity
You're magical to me.
Wow, these graphics are absolutely fantastic! Is this for the FF5-like game you've mentioned? I'd absolutely love a game like that! ^_^

A quick bump with some more recent stuff. Animaation practice, low rez art, some lineart only pieces and a faux-paper thing. Also, the full FF5 style cave tileset.
unity
You're magical to me.
Absolutely gorgeous! ^_^

Would you be interested in more commission work with me? It wouldn't be until after I finish my current project, so probably sometime in the late fall or winter.
unity
Would you be interested in more commission work with me? It wouldn't be until after I finish my current project, so probably sometime in the late fall or winter.

Certainly!
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Pizza
unity
Certainly!

Hooray! :D I'll PM you when it's closer to time! I look forward to working with you again ^_^
Your hand-drawn style is pretty amazing, and it looks really cool when applied to your icons.

I will have to agree with this though:

author=Mirak
Your conversion to pixel art was pretty good, although i do have to mention that the variety in expression in the human character is a bit too subtle.

May I make a suggestion? Maybe using the mouse knight icons that you have below as an example? Because their emotion portrayal is pretty good.

You don't have to exaggerate the mouth, as would be expected with the animal, but perhaps stretching it out a little bit more and tweaking the eyebrows to look exactly the same.

Keep up the good work!
Aetherrevival
May I make a suggestion? Maybe using the mouse knight icons that you have below as an example? Because their emotion portrayal is pretty good.

You don't have to exaggerate the mouth, as would be expected with the animal, but perhaps stretching it out a little bit more and tweaking the eyebrows to look exactly the same.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, that was certainly an issue with pixelling the emotions for the Human face. I think next time I'll just draw different emotions beforehand, instead of trying to pixel over the one painting/illustration for all of them.

Dump:

Some stuff I did for #inktober (so far):

Just a quick bump with some information:

Due to my growing comfortability with digital art and the ease I now find in creating simpler works, I decided to drop the minimum price from 30$ CDN to 15$ CDN, which again, would cover things like uncoloured lineart pieces, simple pixel art, or a small tileset.
Pages: first 12 next last