TALES OF SYMPHONIA: DAWN OF THE NEW WORLD

Pages: 1

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really enjoyed the last Tales game on the GCN, so the upcoming sequel is looking really cool. This isn't a typical Tales sequel, because, like Final Fantasy, the Tales games have never been direct sequels (i.e. same characters, time periods), but this one is. It's sort of like what happened with FFX and FFX-2, except I'm really hoping it doesn't suck (because let's face it, FFX-2's story was horrendous).

You can read up on the info here. It's getting released later this year in the US. The only downside I see so far is that the original voice cast isn't returning, which sucks because they were (mostly) pretty good. On the bright side, the characters will all return and most will be playable (no one's sure about Lloyd), along with several newcomers.

Anyone else getting it?
I'll probably get it at one point just cause i loved the orginal, but i dont have the money to go out and buy a wii.

From what I've heard the game sounds alright, I think its cool we get to see what the new (Or really, the orginal) world looks like. Plus a whole new cast plus returning cast means all new spells and weaponds. The only downside about it is Kratos doesnt appear in this title, he just narorates from what I've heard, which is a big let down.

All in all I'll probably at least play it at a friends if i dont get it myself
Well the new/original world is going to resemble Tales of Phantasia even more. Dur. But anyway, I heard this got less-than-savvy reviews in Japan.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Spoilers.

"It is soon revealed that he [main character dude] was summoned by Tenebrae, whose voice he had heard earlier. He makes a deal with Tenebrae and agrees to become a Knight of Ratatosk, thus enabling him to use Ratatosk's power during battle. Whenever he fights, his eyes turn red and his personality changes into that of a cruel fighter, causing some to see him as a monster"

Spoilers-End.

Sounds kind of like a bad anime.

If you like Tales games, and you have a 360, run, don't walk, to your nearest gamestore and buy Tales of Vesperia. That's all I have to say right now.
I'm getting this because I loved the original TOS back in the days, hell...I still remember the arguments we had back on what was better between Star Ocean & This. Lol. They were both great games. Since the Wii has really a lack of RPG's...you would be a fool not to pick this up. So yes! For sure. I'll probably replay TOS for the fourth bloody time before playing this game...just to catch up things. :)
author=jcavonpark link=topic=1865.msg30012#msg30012 date=1220830607
It's sort of like what happened with FFX and FFX-2, except I'm really hoping it doesn't suck (because let's face it, FFX-2's story was horrendous).

Don't let Craze hear you saying this. ;)

Anyway, luckily i have a wii so i can get this. Sounds good from what i've read and it should be as good as the original. I look forward to seeing the new voice cast of this game.
author=iishenron link=topic=1865.msg30235#msg30235 date=1220912191
If you like Tales games, and you have a 360, run, don't walk, to your nearest gamestore and buy Tales of Vesperia. That's all I have to say right now.

I did, actually. I'm about 7 hours into it but so far it's not nearly as good (story-wise) as ToS was. On the other hand, ToS took a while to get going so hopefully that's how Tales of Vespiria is too.
You...mean it's out right now?

WTF!? Why are these good games getting released so god damn early. ****

I'll pick this up on Friday, along with the Wii Fit. :)

Then there will be Megaman 9 soon. Yay!
author=silver4donuts link=topic=1865.msg30528#msg30528 date=1220990577
You...mean it's out right now?

WTF!? Why are these good games getting released so god damn early. ****

I'll pick this up on Friday, along with the Wii Fit. :)

Then there will be Megaman 9 soon. Yay!

Vesperia is, not Dawn of the New World.
Oh okay. I was going to say like WTF!? man.

This happened to me with Wild Arms 4, Mario Kart Wii. Jesus.
So its been two years and Lloyd is still wearing the same clothes. Nice, keeping it old school.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
You know what sucked? Tales of Symphonia.
What sucked about it?

And yeah Ashramaru, gotta love the consistency ;)
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Man I loved Tales of Symphonia, it was awesome! So I can't wait to get the new one. Also it's been told that Tales of Symphonia is a prequal to Tales of Phantasia so i woudl think it resembles Phantasia's world a little bit.
Pages: 1