NEW ENTERBRAIN MAKER - ACTION GAME MAKER!

ACTION GAME MAKER

On its blog, Enterbrain has announced its newest game-making program. And the best part? It's not another fucking RPG Maker!
Make platformers, action-RPGs, shmups and more!
Japanese release date: December 12, 2008

Games can be ported to Xbox Live!

Announcement is here: click
AGM Page is here: click
English hype page: http://actiongamemaker.com

Let us pray for an English release (or a good illegal translation).
Fuck yes! This is good for everyone!
Wow, This is exciting. I can't wait to try this.
fuck, I just made a topic.

lock mine.

This always happen to me.
It looks amazing! I can't wait! I like the looks of the platform screen.

author=Despain link=topic=1867.msg30060#msg30060 date=1220835488
...It's not another fucking RPG Maker!

Go Fuck Yourself (in a very happy, sarcastic tone)
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Wow.

If it's as user-friendly as RPGmaker, I'm sold.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
This is awesome. Is there (when will there be?) a demo available (in any language)?
I don't have an xbox so that's not a big selling point for me, but if I did I'd be all over that like flies on an ethiopian child's face.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Wow, this looks great. I hope it has better functionality than XP and VX.
Hmmmm... Beyond the porting to XBox Live, Game Maker (Free Version or Pro) already does all that. You can also expand it with dlls so you could just use it as a object based compiler for any programming language you like from C++ to Ruby, or you can just use your normal no programming event/action system.

Nice to see that Enterbrain's broadening out though.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
GM's architecture is horrible.
Yes but its one of the more flexible game creators out there, and GM7 isn't that bad.

I'm all for coding things in the more advanced engines you can get out there, theres plenty of freeware ones like the quake engine, and some pretty good RTS and 3D RPG ones too. The main problem is creating a bunch of 3d resources that don't look like shit.
author=WIP link=topic=1867.msg30111#msg30111 date=1220849975
GM's architecture is horrible.

This.
Also it seems that AGM will be easier to understand that Game Maker.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
And to think I was gonna move over to Game Maker. ;D
But I was happy in my own little world!

(This is cool)
That Zelda-style screen is the most exciting I think (it even comes complete with Zelda-style graphics where everything is drawn from a different perspective god I hate that).

This is cool though. Game Maker is a little sloppy so maybe Enterbrain will have a nicer alternative.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
It looks like Enterbrain and SmileBoom are trying some more intuitive and innovative interfaces for AGM, so if they manage to make something streamlined, stable, and fast, it already will be able to compete with GM. I'm hoping they include some type of scripting language or way to go beyond the default functions, as that's really the future of these kinds of programs
An end to bad action RPGs made with RPG Maker?

It'll never happen.
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=1867.msg30233#msg30233 date=1220912003
An end to bad action RPGs made with RPG Maker?

It'll never happen.

Unfortunately.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Magi link=topic=1867.msg30222#msg30222 date=1220910548
It looks like Enterbrain and SmileBoom are trying some more intuitive and innovative interfaces for AGM, so if they manage to make something streamlined, stable, and fast, it already will be able to compete with GM. I'm hoping they include some type of scripting language or way to go beyond the default functions, as that's really the future of these kinds of programs

While I'm not downplaying the power and potential of scripting languages able to heavily modify things (a la rpgmaker XP or VX) RPGmaker was revolutionary *because* its default functions were enough to easily make a really good game, and that power was accessible to someone without an iota of programming expertise. So I think a brighter "future" for game-making programs would be to expand the capabilities of game makers who don't know any programming languages.