[RM2K3] DATABASE CORRUPTED

Pages: 1
So i was working on my project when suddenly my computer shuts off (a common problem that i have..)after my computer turned on all the heroes.monsters.items ect..are gone when only 1 empty array size.
the database file seems to be 247 ko in size for some reason.
So is there any hope to fix this problem?
If you've got shadow copies enabled, you could try to revert to an earlier version of your game's project folder.

Also, make backups (of stuff you are working on) more frequently.
Too bad that RM2k(3) doesn't make .bak backups of the .lmt and .ldb files automatically.
Curiously this only happens sometimes when the computer crashes.

author=riderx40
the database file seems to be 247 kb in size for some reason.
So is there any hope to fix this problem?
Nope. All those bytes have most likely been overwritten with zeroes (opening the .ldb file in notepad++ will show a bunch of nul / null / nil if that's the case).
In the future, back up your work on a flash disc. I've heard all the crap about how thanks to Cloud tech, flash drives are obsolete. The fact of the matter is, your internet can get hacked. Your computer can fry. The one thing that will save you is making a hard copy backup.

Not saying you can't also use Cloud.

Here's another bright idea. Keep updating your game. Don't be one of those people who keeps people waiting for a final version after an incredible yet incredibly short demo. Having a game here, means if things crash, you have something to copy over the corruption.

Also, is the stuff in the folders intact? I mean... do you have map001.lmu, files in the Monster folder, other stuff?

If it is a matter of a corrupt lmt and ldb file, there is an easy fix. Delete both. Make a new project, copy paste their lmt and ldb. The ldb should be wiped but uncorrupted. The lmt relies on the maps. If the maps are still there, you have a place to start.

But yea, if you posted your game here, wipe that, and start from the last update.
I think i'm going to try the shadow copie thing it might work.
I just started this project 4 days ago..so it wasn't a big lost.
But the problem is that this happend to me like 6 times
in my life.(Damn,Acer computer from 2005)
I opened the .ldb file with the notepad but it seems to be empty.???
Anyway,Thanks guys for the tip..And bulmabriefs you're right!,I must prepare for similar problems,you never know when it will hit ya!.
It sounds like your computer is overheating. Make sure the exhaust vent isn't blocked, and that the fan inside is working.
author=Zachary_Braun
It sounds like your computer is overheating. Make sure the exhaust vent isn't blocked, and that the fan inside is working.

This problem only happen on summer...I did clean the fan,But it still the same problem.I'm already going to buy a new one.srsly PCs don't stay 10 years working.
But the problem is that this happend to me like 6 times

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=laptop

Laptops are currently on sale due to the Windows 10 craze. This is the perfect time to buy a cheapass laptop. And yeah, make backups anyway.

They do if you care for them. My old desktop we wiped out crap periodically, and cleaned it, and it ran for 12 years. The new one, had a heat sink problem because it was running faster than its actual cooling system, so it barely put up with 5 years.
Pages: 1