SORRY SHULK, I'M NOT REALLY FEELING IT...[SERIOUS TALK]

Pages: first prev 123 last
your ennui is showing
author=Xenomic
My what??
it means weltschmerz
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Feldschlacht IV
I like Sooz's post the best.

It's basically a summary of how I've managed to go from total shutin with constant depression and low energy to almost a functioning adult like 80% of the time.

Another recommendation is to find something to motivate you even a little. For me, Habitica is the best thing ever because every time I do a thing, I can click a button and that's a rewarding acknowledgement that I Did Thing, Yay Me! (And then I get cute pets and dressup stuff and level up, which is also good.)

Rewarding yourself for stuff is pretty helpful because it keeps you going until you actually develop the habit fully.
author=kentona
don't worry about lack of motivation. What you need now is discipline. Motivation is fleeting and ephemeral, but focus and discipline is what will pull you out of this funk.

I've been there...

Preach it
Sorry , here's my real post :

Going back to previous posts...

Take things slow , if you RUSH . The full effect of doing something might not appear to you at all because everything came to you so suddenly that you didn't handle the situation correctly.

- Can't find a job? Do what YOU can do to make money . My 13 year old sibling made money by selling video games ( or just accounts ) and made at least $300+( He's a very smart dude and he just did this by hisself
- Try selling things you don't need or just haven't used
- So you can draw? Draw something that inspires you and it might make you a good amount of $$$$$$$

TL:DR - Know your limits. But thats not all. Understand it too . Do what you can do to make money

- Bored? Don't try lots of different things at the same time. Instead go with what you have and improvise.
- Do daily objectives for yourself ( ones that won't make you feel lazy about just skipping it )
- If you can't approach your previous friends, then make ones that ACTUALLY have the same INTEREST ( a bunch of similar ones ).
- Be enthusiastic when talking to them
- Try to listen to what they're saying to make better communication and interaction and yes it may be boring as well but if you think of the long term. It will be worth it

TL:DR Improvise what you are frequently doing and GET OUT OF YOUR SHELL. I too used to be VERY VERY quiet ( almost ignored everyone who tried to talk to me ) and now I am enthusiastic ( and sarcastic ) , but sometimes I just stay quiet so I can have some of my peace time .

- Lack of motivation can be an actual misunderstanding because you may actually just have no proper discipline.
- Do what benefits you most
- Instead of thinking of how annoying the process will be , think of the positives that will surely come out if you proceed with your actions
- And again , don't rush it

Note: This is coming from a teen still growing up and living with his parents. Sorry if there is inaccurate advice :D

Alot of jobs hire internally. As in, don't come in from off the street and expect to be hired. As about getting a job, if they say no, say "In that case, can I work as a volunteer for awhile (they may still not have an opening, but it may get you doing something)?" Ideally, the place you choose for this is in walking distance, so if it falls through, you're not out $250. Also, if you volunteer, you tend to get more psyched and less trapped feeling.

Also, try meetup.com for the social stuff. Type in something you're into, even if it's video games. Chances are there's a group that caters to it. Unless you live in a town like mine with no nearby groups.
Hey, don't worry it I've been there myself, and right now I just got a good kick in the ass to get myself in gear lately (part of it was the inevitable health-insurance that I must have by myself now since I could not be on the family one, like I was not broke already). My problem in life is I did not develop some needed skills back in my teens because I just screwed around back then till I graduated. I wish I knew things I know now, and I probably be in a better position.

1.) Just let go of the fear, and I'm forcing myself to do this everyday. One fear I'm having to deal with is not be afraid to drive more often since I had a few near misses that could have been fatal past few years. Damn drivers can't fucking drive these days, and on their damn phones too. Just recently I had someone riding up on my ass, and he was on his damn phone like a moron.

2.) Your going to deal with people you won't like in jobs (luckily I only had one customer in my first job that was bitchy, and that was it, but everyone has been nice), and life as they say is unfair (as I found out my job was under paying me, and was related to national problem found at this franchise), and maybe one day people won't be such users, and abusers later in the 21st century. In a way I kind of hope the market crashes sooner or later just so that people can be taught a lesson of the modern slavery these big job makers created, extreme, but who said a bacteria infested wound could be cleaned easily? Also Believe me there is millions of people like you that are depressed even with a job, and it's a growing health concern. These people just don't talk about it because they know they will get fired over it.

3.) Just look for anything for right now even if you don't like it, but don't jump into something that is unreasonable else you could make life even worse for yourself. (Just don't work at McDs, fuck that place) >>

4.) Also you ever thought about doing a youtube channel? That's a big thing now, and there's good money in it if you're lucky. You don't even have to talk, but just make text blocks for whatever subject you want to do whether it be gaming, horror, etc.

5.) Also retro-gaming is making a small comeback as a niche thing in the indie-gaming market. You can try your hand at 8-bit spriting for a game since 8-bit sprites are the easiest to do. As for 8-bit music you could probably find someone to help you with that. You don't have to start out big, and can work your way up to the harder stuff. Heck, look at Dragon Fantasy since I once laughed at it thinking it was not going to sell, but it proved me wrong, and he made a small fortune.
Sorry for not replying to this. Been busy actually working on my game for once, and quite a bit. Lots of brainstorming finally after ages of trying to find people to brainstorm with... ^^;

@Sooz: Funny thing about the whole staying up all night thing is ORIGINALLY I only stayed up until 2 AM, and that was way back when I used to watch a buddy stream years ago. Since he quit streaming, and the other is so random about it, I just ended up staying up later and later, working on my own things and talking with people I only get to talk to at night. So it kinda went downhill from there. ^^; But honestly, I do need to do more exercising. The other day, my sister dragged me out to walk to the store, about a 30 minute walk one way, so about an hour to and fro. Was fine all the way up, but halfway back was really starting to feel it. Really out of shape, that I am...used to be that that kind of thing was nothing to me. Also, can't even do one pushup...then again, I could never seem to do pushups right haaa... >_<

As for anything of the sort with #4, ain't a single place in town for that kind of stuff actually. Not a single place at all.

And as for finding something to motivate me? I've honestly tried for quite a few things. Back when I was trying to get back into art, would just look up tutorials, check out artwork all over the place and study them, and all that good stuff, even going to /ic/ for criticism and feedback. But in the end, it all just fell flat, pretty much how my motivation is in general. ^^;

@Nerp: "Be enthusiastic when talking to them". That's like...the last thing I can be with talking to anyone ha. Ain't got nothing to be really enthusiastic about AFAIC. Even with talking to others bout my game, I kinda just talk...normally. No big sense of enthusiasm, not really excited, just...talking normally. *shrugs*

@Kaliesto: I honestly don't really have any "fears", so to speak. Not that I can tell anyways...

As for the job bit, that's something I've been trying to do ha. Folks say that even if I have to get a job at some place like that, do it. Which I can understand, but uh...I'd rather avoid fast-food places in general. Hell, I kinda want to avoid Wal-Mart too, but I've been trying to get back in there as much as I hated that place the first time. >_>;;

And I already have a YouTube channel. Had it for 5-6 years, 114 Let's Plays, nearly 5000 videos now. But not gonna be monetizing it at all since well...I only get like 2-5 views per video, if that. Sometimes if I'm lucky, I get 20 views, but that's rare in itself...Also, if you want any indication of how my motivation/discipline CAN be, by the by, let's take Touhou Fantasy as an example. Back when I was doing the Weapon/Armor Bless system, setting it up for all of the current equipment in the game, I worked on that for 7 months straight, 12 hours a day. Some breaks between here and there, but that's literally about all I did for 7 months. And then a patch was released that made all that null and void that I haven't tested...sadface....
Pages: first prev 123 last