TPP COULD MAKE FANWORK ILLEGAL?

Pages: first prev 12345 last
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=kentona
http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2015/10/backlash-against-tpp-builds/Read the article, and the comments (they aren't toxic (much))

Basically, I am hearing the same shit from every member country - "This helps megacorps at the expense of sovereign nations and people"
I was hoping that wasn't the case, but the more I'm looking into it now, the more I'm reassured I am with my notion that we are all doomed as a species on this planet.

This entire trade act seems to only make the already humongous multinational corporations even more powerful (than they already are). If this becomes completely solidified I can't imagine what a horror society will be in 30-50 years from now.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
BizarreMonkey
Compel ISPs to take down websites without any sort of court order, just like SOPA. (Appendix Section I)

Which means any game you vaguely suspect might have a rip in it would be sufficient to get RMN shut down.
Everyone backup their games.
author=kentona
Everyone backup their games.

Always. Always have backups. Not having backups is nothing but pain and horror when you lose everything. :(
Call it Obamatrade, throw it at the house Republicans, watch the Freedom Caucus do something right for once and tear it apart. Breath sigh of relief. (until 2017 and the US default crisis begins again without a speaker who'd let a clean continuing resolution hit the floor)

Fuck the TPP
Superman for World Dictator 2016
Until Jimmy Olsen defeats Superman with a catapult and some kryptonite found on his solitary island

late edit: Couldn't find the catapult one so far but I did find
pianotm
I was about to pull my games that I thought had rips because I'm nice that way, then I realized...none of them have rips, and the ones that don't have original or paid assets use the RTP and I'm licensed for every RPG Maker now.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I'll likely be pulling all of my shit that isn't 100% self/company generated or paid for (RTP) if this bill passes.

I'm just hoping it won't. On Tuesday we'll know.

I think if Congress gets enough pressure from people they'll shelve it, alike they did SOPA, PIPA and ACTA. The TPP was a lot more secret and calculatingly manipulative... but thankfully Wikileaks is around so we do still have a chance to stop it.

And after those are shelved, I doubt they'll try anything like this again for a while. Honestly I'm hoping they will just give up, but... the greedy never sleep. Still, if we stop these we can stop the rest. This has been the most underhanded and deceitful attempt to tear away our rights that I've seen, should it fail, nothing else will have a chance to succeed.
pianotm
Yes, Congress are greedy fucks, but there is actually a line where keeping votes becomes more important to them than being greedy fucks.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
This is a funny matter. Normally if you make a fan game, you can't take profit... Or you break the rules.
In art, you can make money drawing Pikachu at conventions or online or with t-shirts... No problem... Funny. Ha. Ha. Ha...
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Anyone know the verdict of this yet?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Dudesoft
This is a funny matter. Normally if you make a fan game, you can't take profit... Or you break the rules.
In art, you can make money drawing Pikachu at conventions or online or with t-shirts... No problem... Funny. Ha. Ha. Ha...

I wonder what will happen to all those Charizard balloon artists or the Pikachu ice cream sellers we have down at the park?
Pages: first prev 12345 last