[RMVX ACE] HOWDY, NAMES MORGANGAVIN!

Pages: first 12 next last
I'm pretty new to this, how do I upload a project I'm working on, and more importantly, how do I add a blog post to the project? this has been vexing me for an hour!
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
Welcome to RMN! You go to this link http://rpgmaker.net/submit/game/
Wait in till the game is accepted then go to manage games, your game, then click the blog area and add a new blog
Make sure to read this before posting a game http://rpgmaker.net/submission_rules/
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Welcome to RMN! I hope you enjoy your stay here.
I will! Thank you! I look forward to all your feedback, both good, neutral and bad!
I am chaotic neutral. (haha no I am actually Lawful Good)

Welcome to RMN! Enjoy your stay!
author=kentona
I am chaotic neutral. (haha no I am actually Lawful Good)

Welcome to RMN! Enjoy your stay!

I will do this! i'm working on something, hopefully I can stay focused on it... BTW, your profile Gif is epic as all hell!
Welcome to RMN.

Good luck with your project. It can be hard to stay focused on a project sometimes, but if you keep at it everything turns out great...usually.
Update: So the old project got scrapped for one reason or another, and I'm not sure where I put the back up, and the idea was the the physical manefestations of good and evil were an old married couple trying to keep the magic alive, and that their version of foreplay was to create a soul, have in inhabit one of four heroes, and either have good or evil be the end boss depending on the hero chosen. It would've had:
50 of each weapon type
5 possible games in one.
Nearly 50 maps to explore
around 300 quests, side quests, and optional quests
interchangeable party members.
30 different classes (because I'm insane and like making people shit themselves.)
around 20 of each enemy type
and a crap ton huge story line that would've spanned between the five games.

all that work, down the crapper.

So instead, I've started work on "Dear Markiplier"
and I've no god damned clue what it's about, what I want it to be about, nor if I have any actual clue or motivation to make it any good because this would've been my seventh attempt at making something. Needless to say, not exactly happy with myself.

But I do press on. And even if Dear Markiplier turns out to be a crap game, and it gets crapped on by people that don't know how to recognize a person having fun using the program, because it's SUPPOSED to be fun, not a freaking work of art hung in the famed french art gallery, I'll be happy knowing it's complete.

Sorry if this offends anyone...
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
My advice: Relax. My philosophy is that RPGMaker is about building a boat in a glass bottle. It's a personal experience that YOU get the most out of. Some people might come along and say, "Hey nice boat!" or "Did the person building this wear ovenmitts while gluing it together?" or "Why don't you make something real instead of wasting your time building boats in a bottle?"
The point is: RM is a personal journey. No one else needs to know it exists. If they do, that's a bonus.

Secondly: Sounds like the first game was a bit ambitious, man. Why not try something really small and simple? It's overly common to have big projects fail. Better to build up to the opus and start with a love letter.
Welcome !

When you make a game as a hobby, building it should be enjoyable. The goal you've set for yourself seems really big for a first project. Building such a large game alone will most likely turn to be frustrating way before completion. I would recommend you to first build a smaller game to gain experience and enjoy completing a first project.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome to RMN! ^.^
Thank you! That's what I'm trying to do, start on a smaller scale,but every time I do, I get excited about something and try to grow it outwards. I was doing a pretty good job on the first game, I had knocked out a good 200 weapons, and was going to forego the missions (I need to get those under lockdown before trying to implement them on a regular basis).

You're right, I'm going to knock out the smallest game I can think of and try to get all the fun stuff in six maps (Library, Weapons and Armor, potions, Overworld, Town, and Monster Pit.) ... I'll keep you guys updated!
It's done.
It's ugly.
It's stupid short.
and you can beat it in under 1 minute.
Three years I've had and this is the best I could do for my first game!?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=MorganGavin
Three years I've had and this is the best I could do for my first game!?
yes
author=MorganGavin
you can beat it in under 1 minute.
That sounds about right! In my first game (turn-based strategy), you could beat the first maps in lest than a minute and the difficult ones in just a few minutes. The only game I managed to finish by teaming up with 3 talented folks, takes 90 seconds to get the bad ending or 150 seconds to get the good ending.
This fucking site is impossible. I submit a quickly made game tha... Never mind... fuck this fucking site and it's impossible standards, I realize that you guys have all the fucking time in the world to make these great big huge games in a week, but I'm going into the Navy and my schedule is fucking crazy, so I'm lucky if I can work on this fucking thing for five minutes, so what the flying fuck!? What, my tiny, quick game isn't good enough for you? Jesus fucking christ..
You made the game in a few hours... of course it's not likely to meet the site standards, dude. Calm down and maybe invest a little more time in making it. A lot of games here have taken years to make but those years translate into hundreds of hours, not three. Three hours sometimes barely makes a pretty map, let alone a whole game.

We hold 3-hour game making events sometimes (last year we had one for the Birthday event) and I'd say none of those would have passed muster for a game page either. There's just not enough time put into them to have enough for a game page - either there's not enough images or what is created wouldn't be up to the pretty low standards we have for the site.

Sorry, but that's just how it is.
Mirak
Bye! Don't let the door hit you where the dog should have bit you!
In all honesty, what are they expecting? Shadow squares off of every object? Battleback looping under black spots in the foreground? roting crystal gifs and opening and closing door animations? I don't get it, I'm trying not to get it, and I'll just submit the game on gamejolt and try my luck there. I told y'all I'd keep you updated on the progress of the games, no matter the level of the frustration, and that's what I'm going to do.

I'm not going anywhere just yet, I'm just done trying to please the apparent Supermodels of the Game Making community.
Mirak
Wow you're pretty fucking rude lmao
Pages: first 12 next last