GONNA JUMP SHIP FOR A BIT! NO, IT'S NOT YOU!

Pages: first 1234 next last
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Mounting projects and schoolwork have pushed you fellas to the 'I can't be fuckin' assed' bracket on some cruel shimmying hierarchy. Heck, from what I've observed you guys could use a break from me anyway. I tend to be a loud personality so imminently there's gonna be clashes when people have a surprising amount of confidence in their entirely wrong opinions.

There's definitely a lot of social barriers I place down when I'm here, I don't feel comfortable letting my guard down here, some of you guys are like fucking vultures.

I like pretty much most of you, even most I've had disputes with in the past, only two really stand out as too idiotic for me to ever respect, you know who you are and this isn't about you, anyway.

Assignments are coming up sharp on the horizon, and I've been getting behind. So it's time to stop doing that. I doubt I'll be gone forever, going by past me, I never am.

So yeah, cheers!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I just want to curl you up in my lap and cuddle you like my cat, making little baby noises at you and booping you on the nose while you gaze deep into my eyes.

Later.
Yeah... the way you structure your sentences in even this post is sure to piss people off, especially when you call their opinions wrong. Hell, it's pissing me off on their behalf and I don't even know who you're aiming at (though I could guess) or why.

Seriously, maybe you should look at some of the jabs you've been sending at people - sometimes it's like you deliberately back-hand others to get a rise out of them. A break is probably for the best. Maybe you'll learn not to treat people like fucking morons.

Sorry, but this whole attitude of "I'm leaving you idiots for a while but don't worry, I'll be back to rub your noses in how wrong you all are later. Especially those two fucktards I hate" is fucking annoying. No, I can't be arsed with sugar coating.

This sums up a lot of the complaints that have popped up about your posting lately. You don't get a carte blanche for shitting on people passive-aggressively; and being called out for it by those you poke at always seems to make you think that they're inherently in the wrong. Even if you are right about something (not always the case!), treating people like they're idiots just because they disagree is not only fucking stupid and disrespectful but not at all conducive to getting them to rethink their ideas and come around to your own way of thinking.

Take that break, reassess a few things, do well in your school work, take care of yourself, but don't expect that people will be happy with the tone of this 'goodbye'.

Because they won't. I'm probably one of the people you pretty much like and who generally doesn't mind you right back, and even I don't.

E:
@Corf: Goddamn, you handled that well.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Come back soon! Bring a game with a less MS Painty art style when you do.

You have me on Skype if you want some to talk shop about game design with, without the whole public forum thing.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
^ Made me laugh.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
You know, I couldn't understand the reason why I always dislike it when BM posts but Liberty just summed it up nicely. I need to expand my vocabulary.
oh right I was supposed to change your name back. sorry. it slipped my mind.

PS. I love how confident you are when attempting to express your entirely wrong opinions.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=BowelMovement
some of you guys are like fucking vultures.

people have a surprising amount of confidence in their entirely wrong opinions.

too idiotic for me to ever respect, you know who you are

Yeah, it's other people who are the problem.
But yeah RMN doesn't give a fuck and drama is from what I've seen like super rare here
What's interesting is that if you were to replace "wrong" with "harmful", "vultures" with "bigots", and threw in a "gamer" or two, more people would be willing to look over your tone, and how you conduct yourself, and offer some words of sympathy. I know. I've seen it. If anything, it goes to show the political slant of the forum, for better or for worse...

Stay cool.

Edit: Well, this relates to that, so it's hard not to. Sorry, I guess.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=alterego
What's interesting is that if you were to replace "wrong" with "harmful", "vultures" with "bigots", and threw in a "gamer" or two, more people would be willing to look over your tone, and how you conduct yourself, and offer some words of sympathy.

Uh, no, I think he'd still look like a passive-aggressive little whinybutt.

ETA: As do you every time you drag out this shit.

ETA2:
author=alterego
Edit: Well, this relates to that, so it's hard not to. Sorry, I guess.

You ever consider that maybe the difference is not one of vocabulary, but of context and substance? Maybe sit on your hands and consider that next time you feel the urge to whine about those evil ess jay dubs. Or at least confine your shit to PMs so you don't look like a catty sotto voce gossip.
unity
You're magical to me.
It's funny, AE, you bring this up every time you visit the forums, like in the "Stop Writing Happy Endings" thread, no matter what the actual topic is.

Also, editing in answers to people isn't useful. A forum works because people read it in chronological order. Putting in your answer before their post rather than making a new post is just confusing to read, and it looks passive-aggressive as well.
Because there's some relation to it. When I bring this up in a completely casual topic (when no one else has before me, that is, like in the "What are you thinking about" thread) then you'll have more of a point. Still, no one regrets this more than I do. Trust me...

About the editing thing. I've always done this. It's a matter of personal preference. I'm not fond of posting much, or posting just for one sentence. I only post again if more than one person as posted after me. Is everything going to be passive-aggressive now? -_-
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Lol, the wrong opinions thing was a joke. I guess that wasn't as obvious as I thought it was.

I guess it could also be seen as bait, curiosity in psychology and all that.
author=Sooz
Yeah, it's other people who are the problem.
author=Bizarre Monkey
Heck, from what I've observed you guys could use a break from me anyway.
I fully recognize I am a large part of the problem. But I didn't leave because of people, I left because I have been neglecting schoolwork. I am still gone, I just wanted to clarify that the reason I say things like what I do is because people who honestly get offended by someone being single-minded care about that someone enough to get irritated.

Lib makes some good points, I do present myself very... obnoxiously, in a lot of cases. I'm not all that bad once you get to know me, and this is where I take fault, I've been very afraid of letting you guys get to know me. Because i respect most of you, for that reason, there's a part of me that wants you to hate me, because I get sick and tired of being expected to live up to people's expectations of me as a person. I have made efforts to be nicer, but ultimately, people won't let things go, or they've been geared to dislike me via natural process.

Some people find me annoying, some people find me great, some find me absolutely contemptible. The trick to one like me is that I get the right kind of people on my side. If you see me as an enemy, then chances are you have been since I first spoke to you. I just have the grace to not waste my time on you in most cases.

Point is. If no one hates you, you're doing something incredibly wrong. Hatred towards me is going to be unavoidable, and I'm used to dealing with a lack of compassion... that isn't what you guys are doing. You do care, because you are responding, rather than letting my topic rot. The fact you care is the reason I took interest in you in the first place.

Let me only assure you that you will achieve nothing by hating me, and I like pretty much all of you, I just have a weird way of showing it.

I am cutting time out of my life to explain this, because I do care on some level. If I didn't, I would remain silent. I'm not asking you to show lenience of mercy, I'm only providing you some insight into why you might dislike me enough to care about me. You want to like me, and I would be down with you liking me, I just... need some time to think about how that can be easy for both of us. I have a very hard time being sentimental, and while I may regularly insult people, I don't often use labels or slurs to do it, huh?

I am not mad with any of you, I just don't understand much of any of you, yet. And until I do, it will be difficult for me to not maintain the wall of steel facade that generates the behaviors you may not appreciate.

I don't do anything just to be an asshole, there are multiple factors to why I act like I do, of course; I don't expect you to understand, that's why I'm telling you now. It was in the interest of not bringing drama that I didn't go into this earlier, but I think looking back had I gone into this when I first joined the forum back in 2013 it would have dispelled a lot of the negativity and drama I would cause later.

ITT: I blame myself for virtually everything. I'll be back in a week or so since my assignments will be off then. While I may not respond, I am lurking, leering and listening.

author=Link_2112
Welcome to RMN, post lots
It took so much restraint and self-control not to respond to this, that's how funny I found it.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Squeee!!

*showers you in hugs and kisses*

I'll be counting the days, my little baby ook ook.
I'm pretty sure no-one hates me. I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong. I might not be liked by everyone, but I'm sure there's no hate. Dislike and hate are very different beings.

Again, your post is worded in such a way as to make you a shining, holy light above all others omg so pure! I don't think you even realise you're doing it so in the hopes of introducing yourself to yourself, have a breakdown.

Lol, the wrong opinions thing was a joke. I guess that wasn't as obvious as I thought it was.
No-one believes that. I don't even believe that. That's how bad your posts have been in the past - that that reads as 'oh, normal BM'.

I guess it could also be seen as bait, curiosity in psychology and all that.
When people point out that it's seen as baiting, there's no guessing. It was seen as baiting. No questions about psychology or whatever. It was seen as baiting. Full fuckin' stop.

I am still gone,
You're awfully wordy for being gone~ ;p

I just wanted to clarify that the reason I say things like what I do is because people who honestly get offended by someone being single-minded care about that someone enough to get irritated.
And here we go. Let's blame the victims of my mightier than thou posting! It's obviously their fault for getting irritated and offended over my posts! Not my fault at all! I'm just posting stuff!

Lib makes some good points,
I try.

I do present myself very... obnoxiously, in a lot of cases.
I'd have said most but you're not wrong.

I'm not all that bad once you get to know me,
You're still obnoxious as fuck, you get get a bit of forgiveness and lenience thrown your way due to the Rules of Friendship TM.

and this is where I take fault,
Good!

I've been very afraid of letting you guys get to know me.
Uh... I think we get a general idea.

Because i respect most of you,
There's that back-handing again. "I don't respect all of you, just the ones who don't piss me off by not taking my side all the time."

for that reason, there's a part of me that wants you to hate me, because I get sick and tired of being expected to live up to people's expectations of me as a person.
We have no expectations of you aside from releasing a game. We don't care if you have a job or go to school or eat junkfood in your underwear while typing this post. Just don't be an asshole and mak gam.

I have made efforts to be nicer,
Where?

but ultimately, people won't let things go,
Yes, let's blame the people again. The people who you usually do back-handed jabs at to get them riled up again... like you're doing here. I wonder why they won't let things go if you constantly poke at them? Who knows! But sure, let's blame them completely and not your own behaviour because that's totally all their fault!

God, I hate victim blaming in all it's forms. :/

or they've been geared to dislike me via natural process.
What? No, wait, what? So there's a natural process that inherently discriminates against you, in particular. Um... yeah, no. Sorry, but no. If they're new and reacting to you negatively it's because you said or did something that they didn't like.

Some people find me annoying,
True.

some people find me great,
Probably true too.

some find me absolutely contemptible.
Probably the ones you also find not worthy of respect and thus poke over and over again.

The trick to one like me is that I get the right kind of people on my side.
Oh? Are you suggesting something? Also, who are the right people? Because you've pissed of certain people who I'd call 'the right kind of people' and who I genuinely find to be great peeps.

If you see me as an enemy,
Enemy? Are you living in a comic book? There's people you don't like, fair enough, but I doubt anyone would title you their enemy or rival or anything like that. More than likely they'd just like you to shut up and leave them alone, let them get on with their own stuff without dealing with your back-handed pokes. In fact, I know for fact that that is what some of them want. There's no great enmity between you and them. There's annoyed sighs at the guy who won't leave them alone and won't stop posting about them and trying to provoke them into an argument when they just want to discuss stuff.

then chances are you have been since I first spoke to you.
Sorry, but please, grow up. No-one here is out to get you. :/

I just have the grace to not waste my time on you in most cases.
There's that 'holier than thou' raising it's ugly head again. Seriously? Geez.

Point is. If no one hates you, you're doing something incredibly wrong.
I'd say if someone hates you, you're doing something monumentally wrong.

Hatred towards me is going to be unavoidable,
Pretty sure no-one hates you. They just don't like you and how obnoxious you can be. Also, it is avoidable - stop being a twat and people might view you in a better light. Keep poking, jabbing and annoying and we're going to have to have a talk about bullying.

and I'm used to dealing with a lack of compassion...
People here ain't going to put up with shit. That's really just the point. It's not a lack of compassion, it's that they'll ignore that annoying mosquito buzzing in their ear for only a little while before they get pissed enough to strike out at it.

that isn't what you guys are doing.
Then why did you even write that?! Geez. >.<

You do care, because you are responding, rather than letting my topic rot. The fact you care is the reason I took interest in you in the first place.
Yes, we care that people aren't getting along because we like people on the site. Even you when you get down off your high horse for a moment. But just because we care doesn't mean we're going to let stuff slide.

Let me only assure you that you will achieve nothing by hating me, and I like pretty much all of you, I just have a weird way of showing it.
Again, no-one fucking hates you. They just don't really like you when you act like an ass! And again, 'pretty much all' - let's point out we hate people ourselves again, why don't we? Just in case those people didn't catch it the first time. Rub it in their faces. >:| You're just digging yourself a deeper hole, bud.

I am cutting time out of my life to explain this, because I do care on some level.
I'm cutting time out of my life to explain this because I do care. One more than one level, but goddamn if you make it hard to remain calm while I'm doing so. We're all cutting time out of our lives - to read your post, to make games, to do anything in our lives ever. You doing this isn't a special thing we should feel indebted to you for doing.

If I didn't, I would remain silent.
Or, you know, working hard and going to catch up after my school work is done. Too busy to bother and all that jazz.

I'm not asking you to show lenience of mercy,
Good, because honestly, you won't get any with the way you're pulling the I'm better than you, my time is precious, etc crap. :/

I'm only providing you some insight into why you might dislike me enough to care about me.
What in the fuck does that even mean?! Also, ~high horse~! I'm being so nice, letting you see insight as to why you don't like me! As though you don't know why you wouldn't like me. It's not because I act like I'm better than you or because I constantly poke at you or anything, noooo!

You want to like me,
Dear god that sounds all kinds of abusive-wrong. No, people don't want to like you when you piss them off all the time and act better than them, ffs.

and I would be down with you liking me,
Oh, I'm sooooo glad that you'd be happy to have my meager presence in your vicinity. Mayhap, even to call a... dare I say it... friend?! >.>

I just... need some time to think
Go think.

about how that can be easy for both of us.
Ooh! I know, I know! Pick me, teacher! Pick me!
How about not talking down to people and deliberately poking at them, back-hand insulting them and acting like you're worth more than they are? That might help juuuuuuust a little. Also, nothing worth having/achieving is ever easy. Changing yourself is going to be hard, but if it's really something you want to happen - being friends with others - then it's something you should consider.

I have a very hard time being sentimental,
A lot of people tend to have that issue. Some have the opposite issue. All people are different in that regard. You just gotta deal with it and find a way to make it work.

and while I may regularly insult people,
You do, yes.

I don't often use labels or slurs to do it, huh?
Fucking. Hell. Yeeeeeeeah, because calling someone an imbecellic fuckwit is muuuuuch better than calling them a label or slur! It might not have the ingrained historical insult added in but it's still a fucking insult, ffs. It still fucking hurts people on some kind of level. What about that don't you understand?!

I am not mad with any of you,
Even me, now? Because I would totally understand some sort of anger. Just don't make me out to be your enemy again, okay? I can deal with anger - it's gonna happen sometimes. :/

I just don't understand much of any of you, yet.
You think any of us really understands each other yet? I still get LockeZ and Craze confused sometimes! And don't get me started on who's who when it comes to pianotm and that one guy whose name I keep forgetting but always confuse him with (I'm sorry! ;.; )

And until I do, it will be difficult for me to not maintain the wall of steel facade that generates the behaviors you may not appreciate.
Make a new wall because this one ain't working. One made of, dare I say it? Politeness and respect.

I don't do anything just to be an asshole,
There are times you do, though. There are times you do.

there are multiple factors to why I act like I do, of course;
Sure, sometimes there's going to be other reasons but there's almost always a main reason.

I don't expect you to understand,
There's that high and mighty again. But seriously, how are we supposed to understand and get to know you if you don't explain and help us understand? You don't have to, but you don't get a carte blanche to just say that and expect people to go 'oh, okay, fair enough'. Most people have reasons for doing x or y that they don't share, but instead they apologise. Something you've yet to even bother doing.

that's why I'm telling you now.
Except you ain't.

It was in the interest of not bringing drama that I didn't go into this earlier,
And yet here we are, Dramaville.

but I think looking back had I gone into this when I first joined the forum back in 2013 it would have dispelled a lot of the negativity and drama I would cause later.
Not if you'd kept up the shitty attitude, it wouldn't.

ITT: I blame myself for virtually everything.
Responsibility!

I'll be back in a week or so since my assignments will be off then.
Good luck with your studies. I do sincerely hope you do well. No snark.

While I may not respond, I am lurking, leering and listening.
Creeeeeeeeepy~

Anyway, glad we had this chat. Hopefully it aired stuff out. Take care and focus on your studies for now - we can talk more when you get back.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Bad Manners
Corfaisus
God, I've never found anyone else more attractive than I find you right now, BM. Let's find a dark room with a big bed, light some candles and see where it leads.

Let's get to know each other intimately, then I'll come back here and put in a good word for you with the staff. Whadya say?

You don't have to hide behind that mask with me... I know why you lash out like you do; I'm the same way.

Also I'd be totally down with you drawing my cat girl Sarah in your MS-Paint style, but that's a discussion for another time. Call me, we can do an art trade.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Wait, what? Who do you confuse me with? I'm missing something here!
Pages: first 1234 next last