GONNA JUMP SHIP FOR A BIT! NO, IT'S NOT YOU!

author=pianotm
Wait, what? Who do you confuse me with? I'm missing something here!

I think it might be Linkis? I always forget his name. He's another older gent, so... >.<;
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=LouisCyphre
Bad Manners

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Liberty
author=pianotm
Wait, what? Who do you confuse me with? I'm missing something here!
I think it might be Linkis? I always forget his name. He's another older gent, so... >.<;

Another older gent? I am, like, a year older than you. lol!

Edit: As old as Linkis? Really? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure I want to make it to 70. I'll know more about that in about 5 or 10 years.
I... don't know why, but I always think you're older than you are for some weird reason. And thus the confusion. >.<; I'm sorry!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
It's okay. You're always awesome!
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I am very much not into the 'like' concept for posts, but if I was this thread would get a couple of them just for the responses.

I think I'll make some popcorn now.

Still sniggering over the idea that Lib mixes up Piano and Linkis though, that's gold.

When BM posts half a novel after stating he has no time or patience for RMN.. lol.

Also why do I share an acronym with this guy.. -_~
author=Liberty
I... don't know why, but I always think you're older than you are for some weird reason. And thus the confusion. >.<; I'm sorry!

how I feel around here

Music⚡Band
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Wow jeez Libby your are ruthless! I like that. Because while harsh, it above all was what made me realize I was the problem.

I guess I just didn't want to face it but I am legitimately a horrible person sometimes. One day I may return, but for now, you don't deserve to have to put up with me. I'm done blaming others, it's all my fault, all of it.

I'll still be lurking and leering, maybe posting once or twice a month, but actively? Hell no.

I can't possibly hope to give feedback on everyone responses, which were warming even when not in my favor, but I will cite some.

Blindmind
When BM posts half a novel after stating he has no time or patience for RMN.. lol.
I treat my time wayyy too seriously, actually. While the course I'm doing is apparently full time, it's 15 hours of a week and it's fun as balls.

I think I was being holier than thou again, I have a very hard time not being like that, and it annoys me. Sorry!

LockeZ
Come back soon! Bring a game with a less MS Painty art style when you do.

You have me on Skype if you want some to talk shop about game design with, without the whole public forum thing.
When I get past this dumb exam I'll definitely think about it!
You know, I couldn't understand the reason why I always dislike it when BM posts but Liberty just summed it up nicely. I need to expand my vocabulary.
Man I never even sensed any negativity from you, I figured you were one of the guys who was like 'oh lol, thats just Biz!'

What's interesting is that if you were to replace "wrong" with "harmful", "vultures" with "bigots", and threw in a "gamer" or two, more people would be willing to look over your tone, and how you conduct yourself, and offer some words of sympathy. I know. I've seen it. If anything, it goes to show the political slant of the forum, for better or for worse...

Stay cool.
I have trouble being humble when I know deep down I'm the asshole. Which is why the note I left was as Libby pointed out, nothing more than bait.

I half expected people wouldn't respond and would just let it die. I underestimated the empathy this place has even for jet-fuel powered hotheads like myself.

Sorry. Was that holier than thou? It wasn't meant to be!

Corfaisus
Squeee!!
You're actually cool, I'm just deluded, sorry for being an ass. Political ignorance is a weakness of mine.

Ignorance is choosing to ignore, which is understandable given politics is so depressing, why do you think so many politicians are bald?

So I'm not insulting you, just letting you know I took your reactions to things wayyyy too far.

No-one believes that. I don't even believe that. That's how bad your posts have been in the past - that that reads as 'oh, normal BM'.
Well it is now!

Forumly speaking, I think?

I dunno, It's so hilariously bad sounding I half expected it was gonna show up as one of the randomized messages below the forum logo.

Like I say a lot of dumb bullshit but that took the cake. Believe me in that i don't believe I'm that good or righteous, it's just a facade I put on to piss people off. Though i don't know why it's still on here, fuck!

You're awfully wordy for being gone~ ;p
My leave posts are my long posts, you know this! You saw that fucking 14 day vacation thread. I know you did, because you posted on it.

God, I hate victim blaming in all it's forms. :/
I hate acting like a victim, because I'm not one. But it is my fault. There was still a lot of annoyance with facing my faults on this matter, which is why the post schizophrenic changed from holier than though to I'm at fault.

Probably the ones you also find not worthy of respect and thus poke over and over again.
Not really, I don't think they even really hate me, I just have bees in my bonnet over nothing, typically the best way I can recognize someone doesn't like me is when they make no effort to even engage me. Because at least if they are taking time out of their lives to tell me I'm an idiot, they care enough to tell me I'm awful.

Or just be Corfaisus and take it like a champ, way to make me look like a sore loser you blue robotic bunny fuck. (I say this as a positive reflection on how you make me look like shit by not only failing to be hooked on my bait, but jumping up on the fucking boat to hug me. Just wow, make me look like a douche why dontcha :P)

Enemy? Are you living in a comic book? There's people you don't like, fair enough, but I doubt anyone would title you their enemy or rival or anything like that.
Wow, you take those words way more seriously than I do.

Your version of hate being different from dislike also baffles me, nothing wrong with it, but to me they are basically the same, measures of "I don't like you". I don't see any as really more severe, it's a blurred line at best.

I don't mention this much, but I have been very antisocial most of my life, so a lot of my "friends" sad as that sounds have been video game characters.

Not trying to justify my use of the word is right or wrong or better or anything, just that I think of them a lot more loosely.

That's the thing about wrods, they're so wishy-washy!

Sorry, but please, grow up. No-one here is out to get you. :/
That isn't even what I meant, but it was a dumb paragraph anyway.

I'd say if someone hates you, you're doing something monumentally wrong.
Um... what?

Like, I know you and I have very different conceptions of hate, but I'm sure every game dev ever gets hate or dislike of some merit.

Every person ever who becomes more than a nobody will get hate, that's not some philosophical bullshit, that's the way the world is.

People have differing opinions, some will cast you into a me-no-likey zone, call it whatever you want, no one is above chagrin.

Pretty sure no-one hates you. They just don't like you
Wow thanks Mum! That makes me feel a lot better! :P

Like I know what you mean but whenever I see a line like this it just makes me giggle like a school girl because of reasons.

Again, no-one fucking hates you. They just don't really like you when you act like an ass!
I'll be working on fixing that, and also posting here very sparingly while I try to learn about this interesting emotion called 'friendship'.

Okay, sorry, that was overdone.

Ooh! I know, I know! Pick me, teacher! Pick me!
That was funny.
How about not talking down to people and deliberately poking at them, back-hand insulting them and acting like you're worth more than they are? That might help juuuuuuust a little. Also, nothing worth having/achieving is ever easy. Changing yourself is going to be hard, but if it's really something you want to happen - being friends with others - then it's something you should consider.
Eheh, I know, I know. It's not even so much changing, as just, letting shit go, i think? I visit five other forums, but there's a clear distinction between how I act here and on them, and it's probably my weird insecure bullshit telling me to deploy a forcefield of smug apathy.

Fucking. Hell. Yeeeeeeeah, because calling someone an imbecellic fuckwit is muuuuuch better than calling them a label or slur! It might not have the ingrained historical insult added in but it's still a fucking insult, ffs. It still fucking hurts people on some kind of level. What about that don't you understand?!
Worst I can remember is idiot, but you make a good point.

Even me, now? Because I would totally understand some sort of anger.
You're anger is cute. And also, you do really have a way of being ruthless, I like that.

I don't know why, but i think it's just one of my weird things, maybe? Tell me to do something nicely, ahahahaha you may as well just give me chocolates at that point.

"Cunt" is a language I understand. I mean you say you are trying your best, hard as i make it, to be cool about things. But that doesn't stop you making me realize, wow fuck... I am a horrible person.

Also you provide me with what I need to do, all I need is for to get over my weird fucking issues and do those things.

Just don't make me out to be your enemy again, okay? I can deal with anger - it's gonna happen sometimes. :/
Lol I didn't even say you, buttmunch!

In fact you're... as fucking bizarre(TM) as this is going to sound, my closest friend on here.

Politeness and respect.
What are those things? They sound fun! I've never heard of them??

(Obviously I'm joking, I will make an effort and will keep making such effort until the sun don't shine and I stop quoting fucking Abba.)

There are times you do, though. There are times you do.
Pfft, like you would know!

And yet here we are, Dramaville.
It could be worse!

Creeeeeeeeepy~
Ahahaha, it wasn't even meant that way! i was just doing the alliteration thing.

Bad Manners
If I wasn't in a mood to better myself and didn't intend to only make a post now and then I'd consider petitioning to have my name changed again.

Good news is if you want I can quote you in my usertitle/donortitle w/e.

it wouldn't be out of making a point this time it'd just be for friendly fun.

author=Corfaisus
God, I've never found anyone else more attractive than I find you right now, BM. Let's find a dark room with a big bed, light some candles and see where it leads.

Let's get to know each other intimately, then I'll come back here and put in a good word for you with the staff. Whadya say?

You don't have to hide behind that mask with me... I know why you lash out like you do; I'm the same way.

Also I'd be totally down with you drawing my cat girl Sarah in your MS-Paint style, but that's a discussion for another time. Call me, we can do an art trade.
Liberty
Creeeeeepy~

Also I like cats and cat girls to a point so sure as long as I don't have to draw her naked or something that would make me probably really uncomfortable.

So with this I'm back, but not gonna be posting a whole lot since there's a lot of bees in the bonnet still and I've got to think about a lot.

Wow fuck I just 'lot' four times in one sentence also sorry for typos.

Edit: And bad grammar, apologies for that too, fuckin oath!

Edit 2: I say this:
So with this I'm back, but not gonna be posting a whole lot since there's a lot of bees in the bonnet still and I've got to think about a lot.
Then virtually the next second carpet bomb the whole site with posts.

I should also practice a little restraint.
Glad to see you reading through it with an open mind and trying to get those points in. Libby explained it quite well!
You certainly are a decent person deep down - but it won't protect you from the responsiblity you carry acting as you do. And being a decent person deep down will not change idiotic behavior. Makes for a weird artifical net.

Hope to see you show yourself as you are!
Then virtually the next second carpet bomb the whole site with posts.

Lmao. That was the most dramatic and short-lived hiatus ever.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
If you haven't seen one of these "i'm leaving for a while *little while later* k i'm back guise" posts you haven't been on the internet for very long.
Honestly, it's not like you need to leave the site completely or feel like you're scum or a horrible person - you're not. You just have some issues you need to work through - we all do at one point in our lives or another. Frankly, I don't mind ya, but I'm not gonna excuse ya when it comes to stuff like this because it's something you do need to be made aware of when it comes to the whys.

Hopefully it helped open your eyes a little bit and with that you'll be a little more on the lookout when it comes to what you post and how it reads to others. And that's all that's being asked for - keep an eye on what you write and how it can be seen as targetting someone, then edit it a bit before posting so that it doesn't aggravate and cause issues.

I mean, posting a ton of videos in the screenshot thread is still gonna irk some people (like me. Dude, chill with the videos please? Now and then is fine but your every show game post is a video. We have a media section on gamepages for a reason.), as is mentioning your game all the time (something I think you cooled off from doing) but that's just slight annoyances - it's not badgering people in a way that makes them want to never talk on the forums again or try to attack back, causing a ruckus.

Just start noticing your own tone, edit and it should help a lot. >.<)b
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
for what it's worth i don't h8 u that much. sometimes you're funny.
i have no idea who you are since im never here but for what it's worth: it'll save you a lot of time not to make leaving topics for when you actually DO go on hiatus, trust me
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Darken
i have no idea who you are since im never here but for what it's worth: it'll save you a lot of time not to make leaving topics for when you actually DO go on hiatus, trust me
My favorite is "We're pretty sure we're your only option at this point."
@OP: Use your judgment when taking things in what's written here. Just because someone writes it, doesn't mean it's true. Keep in mind that not a single person here is "better" than you. They all have their flaws, just like you do.

Personally, I'll often read Liberty's messages and think they are hurtful and tactless. So this:
Hopefully it helped open your eyes a little bit and with that you'll be a little more on the lookout when it comes to what you post and how it reads to others.
is something that could be applied to more than one person...

Also, the whole "I like you", I don't like "you", is a myth. On the internet, people like or dislike what they see, no one knows you. So don't take this as something personal. Maybe you lack some social skills but that's it, there's nothing more to it than that. You're still fine as a person, you just need to lean to interact better with others.

It requires a lot of courage, humility and guts to admit you're wrong. Some people will remember that they mess up too and accept that you screwed up. Others will conveniently forget their own fuck ups and give you a lecture instead. That's how it goes.

The reason why I'm writing this is that I've been where you are. I once accepted to be lectured by others about how "bad" a person I was and it damaged me for years. Be wary, be careful, use your judgement and remember, it's all about brushing up your social skills. The rest will follow. :)