GONNA JUMP SHIP FOR A BIT! NO, IT'S NOT YOU!

I don't think it's about giving zero fucks, it's more like giving selective fucks. Pick and choose what you think makes you a better person to care about. It's a hard thing to do, though, because a lot of the time something you think would be good thing for you is actually a bad thing, or sometimes you're just too lazy/comfortable with your current situation to do the things you need to do. Most people are against changing themselves actually, even though they may say otherwise, even if it's obvious that it would be positive for them.

For example I used to be really bad at talking with people (irl), but after forcing myself to do it again and again, I think I've come pretty close to what is considered "normal", perhaps even above that. Heck, until a couple of months ago I had a job which basically 100% relied on me being good with people, which I took in part because it would force me to get better at it.
unity
You're magical to me.
Well said. Most people don't want to change for the better, because change is hard. But if you can identify weak areas and really work to overcome them, you'll be surprised on how much you can accomplish.

That said, I'm just as guilty as anyone else about not taking some steps to improve in some areas that are scary to me >.>;;
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Umm...yeah, but you're mostly nice and only really get not nice when somebody genuinely has it coming so...not like me who let's his temper get loose, or BM, who I don't think means any harm...
...or somebody else...
unity
You're magical to me.
Well, I was just talking about self-improvement in general. Believe me, there's a lot of ways I need to improve.
author=SnowOwl
Wisdom

/signed

Also, I like you SnowOwl.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I always get slightly excited when unity's avatar is a character I recognize.
author=Solitayre

It took me a 3rd glance--when I noticed the background characters--and then it clicked for me, too. Hooray!
Some specific advice for BM: You do alot of the thinly veiled insult schtick, and it's not good for either side to do it. Sometimes it's needed to say what you really want. But if you're going to be confrontational, it's a lot better to do it openly. Doing it like a weenie is only going to get both parties frustrated, because you're not really doing something that they can respond to with anything but more thinly veiled insults and nothing is going to get solved and the "mood" slowly deteriorates.

Do it once, and do it strongly, and keep it to the matter at hand (in other words, minimal name calling and slurs). If the other part wants to keep it going with petty insults, ignore it. And don't tell someone you're going to ignore them, while simultaneously responding to them (you've done this several times). Just ignore them.

This last part is going to be somewhat harsh, and it's my own take on the situation, so I might be wrong on some parts, but it's how you come across to me:

You come across as very needy. On the one hand, you tell people you don't care about them (read the way you started the thread), on the other you obviously desperately crave the attention since you made the thread in the first place. You also couldn't stay away for more than a couple of days before you broke your own words. Most of your posts are about yourself, which makes you seem like a narcissistic person. This is reinforced by the frequency with which you post your videos, the way you recommend your own games for featured games and then writes it off as a joke which it obviously wasn't, and your general attitude.
My non-professional insight is that the problem is your low self-esteem, and your somewhat limited world-view.
Which brings me back to what I said in my last post. You need to work on problems, not ignore them, even if it's not comfortable doing so.
Maybe you should take that break you said you would to do so. I don't think it's something that can be solved in a week, ofcourse, but it's a start.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Solitayre

Hehe ^_^
author=Gleason
author=Solitayre
It took me a 3rd glance--when I noticed the background characters--and then it clicked for me, too. Hooray!

Lazytown?
Solitayre
I believe she goes by Lenna Charlotte Tycoon.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
yeah you can clearly see faris (the best ff character) so it's certainly lenna.
OMG. I literally sat there for ages yesterday trying to figure out who it was. "She looks so familiar and so does the lady in the background. Who is this? WHO?! I know this character! ;.;"

Of course it's Lenna and Faris. GDI :/

I'll be honest - the two were my favourite characters in that game, but if it'd been Galuf in the background I would have known straight away.
Solitayre
Lenna is the real hero of FFV.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Craze
yeah you can clearly see faris (the best ff character) so it's certainly lenna.

author=Solitayre
Lenna is the real hero of FFV.

I love them both! I'll definitely have a Faris avatar sometime in the future :D

author=Liberty
OMG. I literally sat there for ages yesterday trying to figure out who it was. "She looks so familiar and so does the lady in the background. Who is this? WHO?! I know this character! ;.;"

Of course it's Lenna and Faris. GDI :/

I'll be honest - the two were my favourite characters in that game, but if it'd been Galuf in the background I would have known straight away.

That's true. I guess. Galuf and Bartz are a bit more visually distinctive >.< (Though Faris is more recognizable than Lenna, I must admit).

EDIT: I just realized I seem to have derailed the topic with my avatar XD >.<;;
Huh?!? I don't even... I always liked Bizarre Monkey's stuff. Never felt brave enough to try most of it, but the target battles seemed cool.
We aren't talking about his games, bulma.

Uni, I always liked Faris the best - she appealed to my love of female adventurers who go out and kick ass and pretend to be a guy so that she doesn't get pestered by others over being female.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, Faris immediately endeared herself to me as she runs a crew of pirates, doesn't take shit, and is just plain awesome! The first time I was playing, I was yelling "YEAH" a lot early in the game whenever I found out more awesome stuff about Faris XD

Lenna took a little longer for me to warm up to. She's in many respects the stereotypical compassionate heroine, but the ability to train her in any class you want, and her almost crazy habit of putting herself in trouble to help people (and wind drakes XD) also amuses me. Compare her to a character like Rosa from FF4, and Lenna feels a lot more proactive and adventurous, to me at least. It helps that my Lenna was dual-wielding katanas a lot XD
Yeah, I was a fan of Lenna too. I never really liked Rosa, sadly (much more gung-ho about Rydia honestly, but who wasn't? She got all the characterisation out of the females in that game) but Lenna at least had some oomph to her. A determined princess who rode dragons (aw yeah) and was more proactive than most of the ladies we'd had to that date (bar Faris, who was some special kind of lady).

I wonder if they'd planned for Faris to be a male, then at some point just switched her gender to switch it up a bit, which would account for her being more like a male character with how she's treated - no damsel in distress acts and totally kick-ass.

Then again, it was just after this game that we got Terra and Celes and Relm, so... maybe she was always female in her designers' minds and they'd just decided to showcase the two types of women characters they'd had at that point.