[RMVX ACE] HOW TO TRIGGER EVENT WITH ITEM W/O USING IT

Pages: 1
Hello! I'm having a little trouble with this scenario:

There is something that a character cannot find until they have item. However, they only need to find it and not use it to trigger being aware of this event.
*Paper obtained by character
*Paper tells character what to do
*Character finds door and can now interact with it

--And doing the reverse would be game-breaking.

Thanks!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You need a conditional branch that checks if item exists when interacting with the door. Door should be same as and action button.

If item exists:

door opens

Id item doesn't exist:

nothing happens

Or if you don't want the door to be visible at all unil you have the item.

You need to check a condition on the top left side that just says what needs to exist.

Both of these won't use the item.
The only way to remove the item is to tell an event to do so.
I'm assuming this is a key item.
author=kory_toombs
You need a conditional branch that checks if item exists when interacting with the door. Door should be same as and action button.

If item exists:

door opens

Id item doesn't exist:

nothing happens

Or if you don't want the door to be visible at all unil you have the item.

You need to check a condition on the top left side that just says what needs to exist.

Both of these won't use the item.
The only way to remove the item is to tell an event to do so.
I'm assuming this is a key item.

I'm appreciative of your explanation, but I'm afraid I don't fully understand it. Do you think you could explain it in a bit more detail (tell it to me like I'm 6 if you must) or provide images of the process?
SunflowerGames

Which one do you want?

1) A door that does nothing.

2) A door that isn't visible.

These are evented differently.
I should be able to make both quite quickly, just a min.

Edit:

I went one better. I created a project with both of these events.
Enjoy!

http://rpgmaker.net/users/kory_toombs/locker/Project1.exe

@kory_toombs

Alright! I've got the door to work, there's just one issue now. I cannot seem to go back and forth between the two rooms. I can get into the room just fine, but once I exit it, I cannot go back. I'd like to be able to go back. Suggestions? ^^
SunflowerGames

Do you not just use a transfer event to go back and forth?

If there is no door:

Event below player, player touch, transfer play.
I do.

Event below player makes me unable to use the door, or do the event, at all o:
SunflowerGames

If your using a door and not an invisible transfer point, like at the edge of the map, it needs to be same as and action button.

I think its best to post a screen shot of your event. Because I'm not familiar with your game and don't know what you're trying to do.

You may also find this useful:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/6784/

This entire game is not encrypted.
So if you are not familiar with how to do events...

SunflowerGames

First you don't need an exit event processing event.
(I have never used this event and actually don't know what it's good for.)

Second you shouldn't use an erase event at the end here.
This will erase the event right after interacting with the door whether you have the note or not (unless you re-enter this room, re-entering the room should bring this event back.)

There is no transfer event here. This is just text.

If you choose yes, put a transfer event to transfer you to the next room. If you can re-enter this room with this event you may want to also use a control switch or self switch to make a second event page that just transfers.

This control switch goes below "there's another room here," not after the conditional branches, not where you put the erase event.

Edit:

This is not an invisible door. This is a door that should be visible that has choices.
There is no graphic for door, but you can interact with this empty space whether you have the note or not.

Edit / Edit:

Or do you mean invisible as players can't see the door and when they walk into this space they are told they can't go further. In that case you should make it a player touch event. But you will need to make a second page where you can walk over this space. The second page will trigger by control switch and be below character and transfer player.
Pages: 1