YU-GI-OH REGIONAL CHAMPIONS

Pages: first 1234 next last
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Wish me good luck and discuss, for tommorow I will be entering and playing in the YU-GI-OH Regionals, I will have to qualify here to be able to enter Nationals. Although I am probably above the targeted age limit for the cards and shows there is no age limit at the tournament and I have been assured by my asain friend that people will be older. I will battle my way through duelists and over 300 players are expeceted to be in the tournament. Discuss if you like YU-GI-OH or ifyour just wishing me good luck. Even if I lose the first round it's not one-round elimination so i'm bound to go for a few duels.
Good luck!

(what's a yu-gi-oh? Some sort of Hanna Barbara cartoon?)
NoblemanNick
author=kentona link=topic=1916.msg31170#msg31170 date=1221259598
Good luck!

(what's a yu-gi-oh? Some sort of Hanna Barbara cartoon?)

It's a card game big like how Pokemon was.
Nerdage knows no age boundaries.

I still play Pokemon after being introduced to Blue/Red
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
What deck are you using? I'm in with a venom deck. You know, put venom counters on your monsters until they hit 0 ATK and die.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Yuuu.. Ahh fuck it. I hate that show haha but good luck in this. I stole a deck of Yu-gi-oh cards when some dude was playing with them. Are you gonna shout out the I SUMMON YOU..
LouisCyphre
All card game shows suck balls. It's a law.
Also, I just play for the game itself, and I'm sure DD agrees.
...right?
Broken game is broken. I find Magic The Gathering to be pretty solid, even though I don't ever play it.
That's awesome. What kind of deck are you using? I used to enter a lot of tournaments with friends and used to use my water deck to destroy everyone.

@Tau- His not gonna shout out "I summon you", he will shout out "It's time to duel!"
I always use to laugh a lot whenever I was watching something and all of a sudden it would come on: "D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-UUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!"

And then I would turn off the TV and go read a book.
Gah, you all have themed decks? I never got enough cards to even consider that. But mine is a pretty standard beat-down, though I like to use cards that limit the opponent's options- Metalsilver Armor, Raregold, Patrician of Darkness. It's quite nice, actually, but I don't know if it could stand up to you guys.

Actually, my friend has a Gravekeeper's themed deck, it's pretty good, but so far the score between us is like, 25-7, my favor. o.o
i am going to call up wongs chinese buffet and order some yu gi oh it sounds delicious.
author=Euphorian link=topic=1916.msg31287#msg31287 date=1221280905
Gah, you all have themed decks?

My old MtG deck was all about pissing people off with counters and upkeep (which should give a hint of what colour it was). It was a shit deck and I rarely techincally won with it but all the fun I'd had with it made it worth it. Those are the best decks :)

I don't care if you're all talking about YGO I'm acting like this is a general ccg thread because I don't play YGO
I run three different Yu-Gi-Oh! decks: Lv3 Normals with Enchanting Fitting Room, Dimensional Fissure Toolbox, and Batteryman OTK. I might replace D.Fissure Toolbox with Gadgets if I'm bored enough, especially since Soul Taker is getting a cheaper re-print.

What I really want to play with is Volcanic Monarchs, but nobody is selling Volcanic Rocket cheap enough. I missed out on when the promo editions were $10 each. ;_;
Happy
Devil's in the details
Good luck to the games!

I've got hundreds of Yu Gi Oh cards, because at one point my bro was working as a kind of deliveryman and he often had to deliver and dump different kind off stuff that didn't sell in stores, so I got those cards from him for some reason.

I've got hundreds, a lot of different ones and I've got several that seem pretty rare, but I'm not really interested in playing with them or anything. Tried to scout some prices for the cards, but didn't find much info about them.
I used to like that stuff, i even played some games with a friend that had enough cards splitting into two decks. he always raped me with the god damn toon monsters. I used to watch the show, until they somehow managed to defeat a guy with...
THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

Yup. =_=. Those were back in the days i didn't know how to dl from anything else than... Kazaa lol ( *starts to feel old* )
NoblemanNick
Just got back from the regionals I got my assed kicked basically, I wasn't prepared for the people and their decks. I was nervous about there being little kids but there where alot of older people even adults. I traded my Banisher of Light hollow and Twin_headed Thunder Dragon hollow for a hollow Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. My Dragon deck got massacred except when we had a four way battle royale in which I held up pretty good on my own I manged to win two matches and I bought alot of booster packs. I am now going to use Crystal Beasts, the next tournament if November 2 so I'll prepare for that. But it was awesome, we sat at these number tables we where paireed for a total of eight rounds, then finals. There where tag-tames which I didn't join because I didn't have enough money for registration for that to. I traded cards and am now thinking of a new theme deck.

My options:

Crystal Beast Deck

Yubel Deck already have Yubel Final Form: Ultimate Nightmare

Arcana Force Deck I'll need luck for that one

what do you think is best?
LouisCyphre
I made it to the top 16 with a venom deck. Go for that.
Outta those three I say the Crystal Beast. I used to play this a lot, and when I did I had one of those. It works great and that's without the Rainbow Dragon... although it wasn't too long after I made the deck when I stopped I still liked using it and I still collect the cards just to collect em.

Also, horrible trade you made. Banisher of the Light made that trade super unfair...
Pages: first 1234 next last