AMERICAN ELECTIONS '08

Har har! Obama's "far left" is like Canada's Conservatives (far-to-middle right).
So right now it looks like it's pretty much impossible for McCain to win.

HELL YEAH
I've been periodically checking out the CNN website, and only one thing is clear to me:

I have no fucking clue how American elections work
Not sure how much you don't know -- but winner takes all. So right now, they're making guesses on trends, I imagine, and probably exit-polls. Once a state has 100% precincts counted, then I believe that it is locked in that, THAT state's electoral votes go to the majority winner completely. i.e. Obama has 20% McCain has 20% and Barr has 60% with 12 electoral votes in the state of Navabraska. Barr would win all 12 votes in this case.
It's pretty much 262-135, Obama. So he just needs 8 more!. :D
I wouldn't give him 262 just yet... Exit polls aren't always accurate... And they're pretty close so far -- most of them seem to be within 5-10% of each other.

However, I'll say that at this point, I would be surprised if McCain wins.

One thing I'm kind of curious -- I've heard Obama has already got a lot of assassination threats/plots on him... Has anyone heard anything about this, or are they just rumors that everyone in Houston likes to talk about...?
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Uh, Azn... you might want to stay in school for a few more years.
I wouldn't give him 262 just yet... Exit polls aren't always accurate... And they're pretty close so far -- most of them seem to be within 5-10% of each other.

Are you kidding me? California (with it's 55 electoral votes) is going Obama for a indisputable fact.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1927.msg41878#msg41878 date=1225856128

Are you kidding me? California (with it's 55 electoral votes) is going Obama for a indisputable fact.

THIS. We're gonna have us a black president. IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!
Here's the thing, though.

If Obama gets 215 for sure WITHOUT California counted, I'll agree. I don't disagree that California will be giving him a significant push (and it seems like the rest of the west coast is voting for him as well). However, I'd like to see Florida, Ohio, and a few other key states, or at least 200+ confirmed votes before I agree that he wins.
author=Holbert link=topic=1927.msg41877#msg41877 date=1225856118
Uh, Azn... you might want to stay in school for a few more years.

207+55(California)=262. I'm pretty certain Obama will get California.

author=Terin link=topic=1927.msg41876#msg41876 date=1225856040
One thing I'm kind of curious -- I've heard Obama has already got a lot of assassination threats/plots on him... Has anyone heard anything about this, or are they just rumors that everyone in Houston likes to talk about...?

The thing is, if he is assassinated that would just probably heighthen racial sympathy.
LouisCyphre
Obama just took Virginia, putting him at 220 votes.

CHECKMATE!
FUCK YEAH

OBAMA IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
LouisCyphre
We can't open the 'paigne til Cali's locked, though...
barack, "from the block", obama wins

fuck yeah
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1927.msg41884#msg41884 date=1225857901
We can't open the 'paigne til Cali's locked, though...

Are you fuckin' kiddin' me?
LouisCyphre
IT'S CONFIRMED!
lol i really couldn't care less but YAY OBAMA!
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Man, what a blow out. Finally the end of a dark era. (one can hope)