TOP TEN TOPIC: TEN RMN MEMBERS YOU WOULD HIRE TO RUN A BUSINESS

Pages: first 12 next last
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Top Ten Topic: Ten RMN members you would hire to run a corporation

1: AznChipmunk: I've worked with him on a number of things and I get along with him pretty well unless its late at night and he acts like he's stoned. He's pretty organized and reliable and gives valid input without goofing off.

2: WIP: I'd hire him as a web manager. What more is there to be said? The guy does this in IRL for god's sake. I worked with him for awhile on RMN3 and I know when it comes to coding, he's very intelligible and understands what he is doing very well.

3: Holb: When I read his post on the economy and other political things, he seems to invest a lot of time in research and gets his fact straight.

4: Feldschlacht IV: As a Biology major who will probably take microbiology, I am pretty sure he understands the danger of germs! He's make a great janitor.

5: Blitzen Seems like the type who wouldn't mind spending all day in a cubicle. I would avoid promoting him though lest he get into any sex scandals with upper class clients.

6: BlindMind Does a great job garnering excitement (but to be quite frank, I think Legion or LunC would do a better job when it comes to hyping)

7: Kentona He always did a good job in welcoming new members! I'd hire him as a receptionist.

8: Nessiah She gets a long well with almost anyone and knows how to manage crisis situations and can calm people down in an emergency. She's also very reliable and does things on the get-go.

9: Ocean's Dream: He always has some pretty interesting ideas to share with the group. Even though he's lazy at times, as long as someone pokes him and tells him what to do, I'm sure he would do it.

10: Hmm ... this is hard. Anyone really. Maybe DemonDestiny considering how active he is. Idk.

*NOTE*

Feel free to post in any of the previous Top 10 topics! Necroposting does not apply to these topics by decree of Junior Executive Vice President kentona ESQ.

Previous Top Ten Topics:
Week 48: Top 10 People at RMN You'd Hire to Run a Business
Week 47: Top 10 Favorite Video Game Soundtracks
Week 46: Top 10 Favorite Concerts
Week 45: Top 10 Most Memorable Video Game Moments
Week 44: Top 10 Favorite RPG Battle Systems (by game)
Week 43: Top 10 Favorite Internet Videos
Week 42: Top 10 Favorite Snack Foods
Week 41: Top 10 Favorite Superhero Movies
Week 40: Top 10 Games You'd Like To See Made
Week 39: Top 10 Favorite Video Game Heroes
Week 38: Top 10 Songs you'd like to see in Rock Band
Week 37: Top 10 Favorite RPGs
Week 36: Top 10 Super Smash Bros. Characters You'd Like To See
Week 35: Top 10 Most Disappointing Games
Week 34: Top 10 Favorite Video Game Villains
Week 33: Top 10 Favorite Video Game Composers
Week 32: Top 10 Places You'd Like To Visit
Week 31: Top 10 Favorite Authors
Week 30: Top 10 Favorite Video Games
Week 29: Top 10 Favorite TV Theme Songs
Week 28: Top 10 Favorite Consoles
Week 27: Top 10 Games You'd Like To See On The VC
Week 26: Top 10 Favorite Arcade Genre Games
Week 25: Top 10 Favorite Bands
Week 24: Top 10 Favorite Card Games
Week 23: Top 10 Favorite Songs of the Moment
Week 22: Top 10 Favorite Board Games
Week 21: Top 10 Favorite Comic Books/Series
Week 20: Top 10 Favorite Simpsons Episodes
Week 19: Top 10 Favorite Disney Movies
Week 18: Top 10 Favorite PS2 Games
Week 17: Top 10 Favorite Books (Non-Fiction)
Week 16: Top 10 Favorite Robots
Week 15: Top 10 Favorite Sports
Week 14: Top 10 Favorite Books (Fiction)
Week 13: Top 10 Favorite Xbox Games
Week 12: Top 10 Favorite Christmas Gifts
Week 11: Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2007
Week 10: Top 10 Favorite Nintendo DS Games
Week 9: Top 10 Favorite Gamecube Games
Week 8: Top 10 Favorite Playstation Games
Week 7: Top 10 Favorite Movies
Week 6: Top 10 Favorite PC Games
Week 5: Top 10 Favorite NES Games
Week 4: Top 10 Favorite Comic Strips
Week 3: Top 10 Favorite TV Shows
Week 2: Top 10 Favorite N64 games
Week 1: Top 10 Favorite SNES games

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
If I was running a nightclub I'd hire WIP as the bouncer.
1. Holbert - He's the only one I would hire to actually run one

2. I would hire anyone else for any job provided that you will work for 20 cents an hour (Or atleast something signifigantly below minumum wage)
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Seems impossible to actually capture the productivity, work ethic, economic/business savvy, and ambition of RMN members with a list like this. I'd hire people with a proven track record of reliability and productivity, such as people who have completed refined major RM projects. But what do I know as a sales record breaker for two different companies... ::)

I'd make WIP my IT guy. He would be locked in a bland room full of servers and gadgets and be fed instant meals that I would shove through a mail slot in his door.

I'd make Kentona my project manager.

I'd make Karsuman and Feldshlact my marketing team. Although I would have a shock collar on Karsu to make sure he stays on task.

Holbert would be useful for something. Maybe corporate lobbyist. ARE YOU SMOKIN YET?

Ocean would be on the payroll, but would never actually show up, except to hang up anime girl calenders in the offices and cubicles.

Nessiah would be there to crack jokes and keep my morale high.

That guy would be outside, throwing rocks at my office window.

Blitzen would be the company mascot. Not him actually, the kitten in his avatar.

Brickroad would design and engineer the layout of the office building itself. I imagine many of the employees would have a hard time figuring out how to get to their office/cubicle though.

Yummydrumsticks would be the lunch lady. Why? She can get nutrition out of drum sticks. Probably save the company lots.
YDS
Seems impossible to actually capture the productivity, work ethic, economic/business savvy, and ambition of RMN members with a list like this. I'd hire people with a proven track record of reliability and productivity, such as people who have completed refined major RM projects. But what do I know as a sales record breaker for two different companies... Roll Eyes
]

Ah come on, its just a fun/silly thread. Well, maybe not so fun. Argh, another failed topic.
author=harmonic link=topic=1930.msg31417#msg31417 date=1221339493
Although I would have a shock collar on Karsu to make sure he stays on task.

Haha.

Anyway:
Harmonic, Craze, WIP, Mog. Because they get shit done.
harmonic
author=YummyDrumsticks link=topic=1930.msg31418#msg31418 date=1221340154
Seems impossible to actually capture the productivity, work ethic, economic/business savvy, and ambition of RMN members with a list like this. I'd hire people with a proven track record of reliability and productivity, such as people who have completed refined major RM projects. But what do I know as a sales record breaker for two different companies... Roll Eyes
]

Ah come on, its just a fun/silly thread. Well, maybe not so fun. Argh, another failed topic.

No, don't do that. It's quite obvious that it's a fun/silly thread. I was just saying, I don't know very many people so it's hard not to exclude people who deserve to be thought of in this light. Hell, I even sandwiched my list with that disclaimer twice, and here it is again! Look at my list, it's fun and silly!
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Nobody loves me?

Anyway I would hire LittleWingGuy to be my Yes-Man, Quiversee to be the dude that gets me my cofee, Kentona to be my idoitic Vice-President and of course Ash as my co-partner.
YAY! I could be number 10. I guess mine would be,

Kentona, Holb, NoblemanNick and Feld. The business would be blooming in no time.
Hm.

1. YDS
2. Blitzen
3. Ashramaru
4. WIP
5. Feld
6. Kentona
7. brandonabley
8. BlindMind
9. Nessiah
10. Tau

harmonic
This topic seriously fails. Just rename it "who do you like."
YDS
Oh fine you ass. I'll lock it. I'll make a different one later. ::)
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I can post in this topic still because for some God forsaken reason I am still an admin. I will unlock until somebody relocks it. Just to prove this topic can be more than a "who do you like" topic:

People who I would NOT hire

WIP: WIP would be a terrible co-worker. He does not play well with others. He has control issues. He can be really unreliable and has problems following directions. However, he and Ankylo are also probably the only people here I could stand living with.

Karsuman: On paper, he's solid. But his inability to finish an awesome game like Jade Empire makes me question his work ethic.

Holbert: I have been the single most unproductive and overrated member of the RPG Maker community since 2000. 'nuff said.

People who I would consider

harmonics: He's pretty talented, and has a good track record productivity wise. However, he is overly sensitive and would be prone to causing office drama. However, he would probably still get the nod -- it's easier to calm down a drama queen than it is to get a sloth to do work. Also, Iowa represent!

brandonabley: He is the other side to harmonic's coin. Talented, but overly sensitive. Also has bouts of unreliability despite an otherwise impressive track record. Also, $10 says he is the guy who shows up to work two hours late and drunk.

YDS: Typical over-achiever who will try too hard, get upset when her idea isn't selected (like locking this topic at the slightest criticism -- perfectionists... they never get ANYTHING done), and be entirely burned out within 2-5 years.

People who I would hire

kentona: To some he may be RMN's class clown, but that facade belies his cunning and passion. He's probably single handedly responsible for keeping the RMN forums active in times of lull.

Blitzen: He's smart, but, like kentona, hides it under witty banter. Has a pretty good understanding of how the world works, even if I disagree with him most of the time. You need a guy like this to be a sparring partner and to bounce ideas off of, otherwise you might blindly follow your own path into bankruptcy.

ankylo: Ankylo is one of those guys who doesn't stand out in a crowd, but he does a lot of behind the scenes work. He's there when you do something stupid to the server and it needs a quick fix. He's good at troubleshooting. He does all the routine maintenance work when I don't bother. He doesn't need praise. Essentially he's the glue -- you always have to have one of those guys.
author=Holbert link=topic=1930.msg31633#msg31633 date=1221411707
People who I would NOT hire
Karsuman: On paper, he's solid. But his inability to finish an awesome game like Jade Empire makes me question his work ethic.

I love you too holb!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Oh, Brickroad is still a member here?

I'd hire him for drug testing the urine, obviously.
Holbert wins this entire topic.

Like seriously.
Why was this unstickied?
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1930.msg31676#msg31676 date=1221424776
Holbert wins this entire topic.

Like seriously.

No he doesn't. I wasn't mentioned. :'( :'( :'(
This is where my lack of knowledge about the people on RMN come in I suppose.

kentona and Blitzen seem good enough. Though my ideal business is that of Bernard Black's Black Book. Anyone would like to volunteer as Manny?

I'd really like Mog in the company though I don't know where he'd fit in. (Toilet cleaner?)

The problem is I'd outlaw anything anime on the company premises and that's half the RMN crowd right there.

(I had the idea of having a geek shop and all the kids going to the anime section would get a barrage from a watergun. Inspired by Black Books of course!)
Haha thanks NoblemanNick! I think I would be better as the Bosses suck up, or the office snitch.

No idea who I would hire, probably Tau. I think he'd make his office look nice with tons of posters of Jessica Alba. DD too actually, he's a manager or something so he knows a bit about running stuff... unless he's a bad manager.
Pages: first 12 next last